76ers want new arena in Center City, Philadelphia

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Many a time as young college Exodus I would take the shuttle bus on Temple campus down to Center City and go to the WaWa down there near the mall because it was one of the few places I knew that had fresh packs of Honey Berry Backwoods.

Then I'd walk through the mall maybe cop some new white T's and then hotfoot back to campus with a backwood filled with mid just getting my lay of the land exploring Philly. I had just discovered MF Doom off a friends recommendations so Operation Doomsday was my soundtrack at the time.

A 32GB iPod...a big blunt of mid...maybe a Lemon Ice Tea and some gummies for the road home

Ahhh...a simpler era :mjcry:

Wish we had WaWa’s in the Midwest :to:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I fukking love it ans wished the city didnt stop Phillies in the early 00s. City cant complain because this shyt will be privately funded by the billionaires. I always hated South Philly location let that shyt be swamp again
Damm really I always thought it was cool how all the stadiums were in one location . I use to stay at a concert in Philly .

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Damm really I always thought it was cool how all the stadiums were in one location . I use to stay at a concert in Philly .

shyt been trash to me i guess i am a visionary when it comes to cities but the area is garbage. We have the 4th largest metro area and our staduim area never developed because its wasteland down there.

Putting the 76ers downtown will spur development easily and force people into the actual city. Its time for Philly to grow up.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Was wondering "where they gonna put it". Came into the thread and got the answer and it's a great spot but where the fukk folks gonna park?

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can find actual studies on the impact of stadiums in municipalities. They aren't revenue generators.
In these studies,they aren't revenue generators because of the heavy incentives and tax burden because the money generators remain private(parking, private development often not coming to fruition). This development doesn't fit that model.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
In these studies,they aren't revenue generators because of the heavy incentives and tax burden because the money generators remain private(parking, private development often not coming to fruition). This development doesn't fit that model.
I know

But we don’t know what the team is paying for. They say stadium but we aren’t aware of the public works costs and who is paying that. When the Capitol One Arena was built in DC, Abe Pollin paid for the stadium and that’s it. The city paid for everything else around the arena.

We also dont know what kind of tax incentives the owners are getting on that land.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
what happens to xfinity live? i guess hockey keeps it fed between football and baseball?

that was the saving grace of them being in the cut, there was a cool as spot to kick it afterward or hit up in lieu of the game

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
We thought it'd be a good idea. Glad you all agree.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Building a stadium in the middle of downtown with no parking isn’t some new phenomenon. Damn near every team does that.

TD Garden is in the middle of downtown Boston by the freeway. I’m not sure how they make it work.

yea....parking around MSG might be the WOAT spot in the city outside of Times Square but that bytch stays at near capacity every game

Question is, how is Philly's public transit system compared to NY (or even DC)?

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The demographics are changing in Philly

As baby boomers age, millennials become the target demographic for the Sixers

Millennials in the Philly area (Sixers target demographic) are increasingly abandoning the suburbs for city living

The Wells Fargo currently host select group of Temple and Nova games, in addition to concerts and special events

Tourism is stronger in Center City than South Philly

More dining options in Center City…more hotel options

The proposed stadium is 5 mins from 95 and connects to rail transportation

This is a NO BRAINER
Why did you just skip the generation X? :russ:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea....parking around MSG might be the WOAT spot in the city outside of Times Square but that bytch stays at near capacity every game

Question is, how is Philly's public transit system compared to NY (or even DC)?
The subway system is similar and reliable to dc and ny. The only transit system I’ve ridden on the east coast that was horribly underwhelming is Baltimore.