76ers want new arena in Center City, Philadelphia

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Right. I understand that. But they’ll still be the Philadelphia 76ers. I don’t think where the arena is located makes that much of a difference.

The city loses tax revenue...it makes a huge diff

Camden is NJ...guarantee no one will travel to NJ if the team isn't good

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Camden. :mjlol:

Is Philly the only multi-team market with no downtown stadiums? :mjlol:

Sports Complex (where all of the stadiums/arena is located) is in South Philly, about a 10-15 drive or subway ride from Center City.

I still think this is a fake out. They're putting pressure on the new Philly mayor to fold.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

In response to recent reporting about the Sixers and New Jersey, Comcast-Spectacor Chairman and CEO Dan Hilferty shared the following statement:

“We firmly believe that the best outcome for our fans and the community is the 76ers and Comcast-Spectacor, united and based in South Philadelphia.
To that end, we continue to offer the 76ers a 50/50 partnership of the Wells Fargo Center and have been clear that we’re open to building a new arena together at the right time.
The door will always be open for the 76ers and we sincerely hope together we can create a vision for what’s best for Philadelphia.”

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Fck that...the Sixers need their own arena

If we want to be a world class city, we need an arena downtown

Phillies got bullied into staying in SP...their stadium should've been at 12th & Vine or Broad & Spring Garden
World class cities dedicate their downtowns to transit hubs and museums, not sports arenas. :dead:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I spent the first 21 years of my life split between New Jersey and Pennsylvania so I'm happy with whatever they choose

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
We got regional rail, trollies, sub, El, buses and Patco all downtown

:childplease:
Good. Now what did I say? :childplease:

This is the Berlin Central Station:
gmp_0709_10_0709_MB1_107.jpg

American cities need more spaces like this for people to move about and also connect transit, and not a damn sports arena for a billionaire to collect.