76ers want new arena in Center City, Philadelphia

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The owner already owns the prudential center in Jersey and the NJ devils. And 50% of ownership is from Jersey :ohhh:

But to kill a classic team like the 76ers over arena beef would be wild. The NBA gotta dead that real quick

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The owner already owns the prudential center in Jersey and the NJ devils. And 50% of ownership is from Jersey :ohhh:

But to kill a classic team like the 76ers over arena beef would be wild. The NBA gotta dead that real quick

NBA won't allow a 4th metro market lose its NBA team. This ain't football where you need 80k people

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Basketball stadiums should always be in dense urban/downtown areas. Football make senses with all the tailgating shyt but basketball (and baseball) belong in the heart of the city. The Palace at Aurburn Hills was trash.
in theory, but most cities were way behind the curve when building hubs. The '90s is when cities started getting serious about putting arenas /baseball stadiums in those places. Some cities though it just ain't practical. NY and Boston have their arenas built as part of or on top of their major railway stations. Philly would have to build on top of 30th just to stomach the traffic crush

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:mjlol: Some of y’all are overreacting.

:mjlol: It’ll be like the Giants, where they play in NJ but they’re still the New York Giants. 76ers will play on NJ but they’ll still be the Philadelphia 76ers.
arenas are built within city limits pretty much everywhere now. Football it's different because of the size of those stadiums /parking but arenas are the centerpiece of a major city for the most part.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Some of y’all are overreacting.

:mjlol: It’ll be like the Giants, where they play in NJ but they’re still the New York Giants. 76ers will play on NJ but they’ll still be the Philadelphia 76ers.
I missed the part about Camden :deadrose:

This is like when the DMV people were burning up cause the wizards were moving across the bridge. Or like a 20 something minute ride with the metro

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
arenas are built within city limits pretty much everywhere now. Football it's different because of the size of those stadiums /parking but arenas are the centerpiece of a major city for the most part.
Right. I understand that. But they’ll still be the Philadelphia 76ers. I don’t think where the arena is located makes that much of a difference.