7/6/24 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Artem Harutyunyan (WBC Lightweight Title) / O'Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceição (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I never thought the ring would turn so casual …but some of the shyt being said in here is flat out stupid .

Shakur is trash ? He isn’t talented?
:dahell: The fukk are y’all talking about

in terms of footwork,IQ, reflexes,accuracy,defensive positioning ..he’s ELITE in boxing . Top 5 p4p

lacking punching power is not a skill or talent issue ..you either have it or you don’t so saying he skill is lacking because of that is flat out stupid.

is he excitin or box office ? No. But lacking skills? :why:

As far as skill is concerned the big flaw I see is that he’s not the greatest at cutting the ring off..which makes sense.

y’all sound like y’all get y’all boxing knowledge from YouTube nikkas that don’t know what they talking about themselves

Arum/ESPN is trying to bury that boy…you wouldn’t show those crowd shots if you weren’t ..

we need to dig up Bert Sugar and Emanuel steward for you nikkas
Aint none of that shyt you talking putting ass in seats

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

Right. I'm not a casual, and nobody in this thread who's word you take serious is doubting his skill/ability, but nikkaz being obtuse if they don't understand how even some of the most purist of boxing fans felt it was....boring. I'll say it this way, it felt more like a 2nd fight on a PPV card than a Main Event.

It didn't take away from me wanting to see him run it with Tank/Haney/Teo/Loma/Pitbull (who diiiiiiid duck Shakur btw)/etc, but to me he didn't ELEVATE his stock Saturday night. It was a workman like performance in a fight where the outcome was NID and that's where folks felt he would work more to get buddy up outta there.

I'd aim for the Zepeda fight if i'm Shakur

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Right. I'm not a casual, and nobody in this thread who's word you take serious is doubting his skill/ability, but nikkaz being obtuse if they don't understand how even some of the most purist of boxing fans felt it was....boring. I'll say it this way, it felt more like a 2nd fight on a PPV card than a Main Event.

It didn't take away from me wanting to see him run it with Tank/Haney/Teo/Loma/Pitbull (who diiiiiiid duck Shakur btw)/etc, but to me he didn't ELEVATE his stock Saturday night. It was a workman like performance in a fight where the outcome was NID and that's where folks felt he would work more to get buddy up outta there.

Right, You can love pure boxing all you want but at the end of the day it’s still a fight. If this is how you acting with a guy you clearly outclass in every way then I don’t want to see you again.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

It's a deflection tactic. When nikkas know they can't defend the bullshyt they try to discredit you with the "casual" line which is idiotic being that 90% of the people in the arena are "casuals" thus if anything their opinion matters even more than the so called purist.

It is hilarious coli nikkas think everyone a casual when even pro boxers call this shyt out and big up dudes like Tank who they try make sound like he is Rolly or some shyt lol

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I’m not a promoter ..I don’t care about that :dahell:

I’m here for the fight..no narrative no Stan shyt

All this corny Twitter he don’t put numbers up shyt fans talk about gives fighters and promoters an excuse to not make these fights …Tank out here tweeting instead of saying make the fight ..Frank Martin out here tweeting when he ducked the fade ..how we sanctioning this buffoonery

Thank god Winky Wright ain’t fighting now

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I’m not a promoter ..I don’t care about that :dahell:

I’m here for the fight..no narrative no Stan shyt

All this corny Twitter he don’t put numbers up shyt fans talk about gives fighters and promoters an excuse to not make these rights …Tank out here tweeting instead of saying make the fight ..Frank Martin out here tweeting when he ducked the fade ..how we sanctioning this buffoonery

Thank god Winky Wright ain’t fighting now

You here for the fight but support a nikka putting on snooze fest and spamming Twitter in his feelings.

Ok

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Why shakur fans mad at other folks? Dudes in here talking all this "you don't know boxing" bullshyt....we just gonna act like Shakur didn't say he was gonna knock dude out and put on a show for the last 3 months?

Boxing is entertainment.....if you dudes don't like entertainment then turn your TV off and watch paint dry....like whats wrong with dudes :mindblown:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
punching power is whatever but solely it doesnt make you great unless youre are icing top level, p4p, or hof level cats consistently

shyt look at deontay wilder - man has 42 ko's in 43 wins..has and .is being put in convos he shouldn't be in regarding ATG heavies and HOF due to that...currently has won only 1 fight in his last 5 and has not won 2 fights in a row since 2019

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Foster Davis and Shakur confused the fukk out of me by playing shyt so safe for a decision when none of them PPV fighters. What are they in it for? I’m glad Foster lost with the way he fought the second half