7/6/24 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Artem Harutyunyan (WBC Lightweight Title) / O'Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceição (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nobody is ducking Shakur...y'all need to dead that talking point...especially after the last two performances he had...these other boxers just have better options and thats being real :yeshrug:

He not giving performances where dudes gotta see him...he winning fights but his stock be dropping with each win...how you do that :mindblown:

I hoped Shakur put on a great performance too :snoop:

Shakur coulda rematched De la Santos. Im legit wondering what's next? Maybe Zepeda smells blood and activate a mando as his coming out party

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Just a reminder...when Floyd made the statement that these young fighters wanna be Money Mayweather when they need to be Pretty Boy Floyd he was talking about Muthafukkas like Shakur

People need to shut up with this "Well it's the sweet science, he's fighting like Floyd"

fukk outta here:camby: Go watch some PBF fights. He ain't fighting like that at all
Thats what that bytch was trying to tell me yesterday when it became painfully obvious that she could no longer defend that snoozefest. :mjlol:

The Shakur jibs were running yesterday.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I wouldn't say Shakur can't hurt him, we know what we know about Garcia now but the ref did Haney a couple favors, and he's been buzzed by 135 guys before. We do know Shakur won't stop him.

Haney would have to beat him with aggression and activity to get favored by the judges since neither guy is stopping the other.
I don't know bro. The only guy that visibly hurt to me was Linares whom I'm a fan of. And even then, Haney was killing himself to make 35 which might've contributed to that. Otherwise, he's shown a good chin; even against a roided up Garcia

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Dude said for like 7 rounds straight to his corner;

"Don't worry Gramps, Ima get him outta here I got this":demonic::myman:

Then proceeds to pot shot and cruise the rest of the fight. Obviously he outboxed him, I had it 9-3. But the hate comes from the way he hypes himself as some type of soul destroying boogeyman when he's not that in reality.
I truly believe the boos got to his head early.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Honestly, I'm not gonna jump the Shakur hate bandwagon, ill still watch his next fight, but breh didn't do himself any favors. He's leaving top rank and talked shyt about them, then you put up a good performance but now good enough to win people on your side. His next contract with whichever company he ends up with, won't be great. In retrospect he probably should've took the 25% and fought Haney.

Going forward, he probably needs to train with bud/keyshawn and work with Bomac, hopefully that camp can open up his offense, maybe put some more pop to his punches and make him more of a closer.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I picked Garcia over Haney, I don’t think I’d pick Tank over Shakur at the end of the day though, but it could go either way.

The defense is too frustrating honestly. I can 100% see Shakur make it a boring ass fight. Even though the punching power ain’t there, getting popped or stuffed with a counterpunch will make some of the strongest punchers think twice about throwing punches. That’s basically how B-Hop was winning so late in his career vs some monster boxer-punchers at higher weights.

Last edited:

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I just want people to call it what it is :manny:

Martin, Kambozo sure objectively those were smarter fights to take because its better to lose getting a bigger bag and get sparked out then thoroughly outclassed.

Putbull n zepeda though the only reason those were better options is because they handlers are afraid they will lose and look terrible do it.

Unfortunately they are running out of nikkas to use as a buffer so eventually unless they dont want to ever take the belt off of him one of these dudes are going to have to go thru and get they heads boxed off. Or ko him. Either or.

He need to do everything in his power to try to take that belt off of the ukranian as those shyts are his only leverage

If Shakur did what he had to do last night against Artem he would have the boxing world willing to pay for his next fight....what you had however was fans leaving early.

Him not getting fights is not because he getting ducked but bad career management....he had a chance at undisputed against Haney a year ago and sinxe turning it down its been a downward spiral since.

Now that he is a free agent he need to hit up Oscar for william zepeda and floyd schofield fights. He needs to improve his offense.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Shakur coulda rematched De la Santos. Im legit wondering what's next? Maybe Zepeda smells blood and activate a mando as his coming out party

Yeah, a William Zepeda fight might be the move for Shakur. They both just had fights and need a fight for later this year. Shakur is also a free agent and can probably make a 2-3 fight deal with GB/DAZN

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I don't know bro. The only guy that visibly hurt to me was Linares whom I'm a fan of. And even then, Haney was killing himself to make 35 which might've contributed to that. Otherwise, he's shown a good chin; even against a roided up Garcia
the only haney fight i ever said was not a good look was the linares one..he was beating linares 3/4 of the fight until linares caught him at the end of that round and had him unstuck until the final bell but he still survived that one..i think its the only fight ive ever seen him hurt prior to ryan landing a PED infused left hook on him

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
This is the age of the casuals. A "boring" fighter means they are not elite
Nah fam...Shakur talks like he is this Fighter who nikkas dont want to see bc of his power. He's a highly smart and technical fighter, he should lean in into that...:yeshrug:

• Haha
Reactions: IVS

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
This guy said the Bulgarian was running and scared. Come on man how can yall defend this guy. He's blatantly lying now lmao.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
So Tank gets the field cleared by only fighting the worst one out of the group?

I know I may be old on here but what happened to clearing the field by actually fighting and beating these guys?

The discourse of Boxing gossip is more important that actually proving it in the ring. Anthony Joshua and Wilder should have had a trilogy by now. But who cares right? As long as we get 5-6 years of social media content of this fighter scared of this fighter, PBC vs Matchroom, blah blah blah
Social media content creators ate for 5 years on Spence vs Crawford. Should of had a trilogy, but I guess fantasy trashtalking online is so much better

Tank is supposedly at the top of all the 135/140 lb fighters by only fighting Ryan fukking Garcia smh lol

This is the era of fantasy matchups, instead of..... actually matching up lol

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The discourse of Boxing gossip is more important that actually proving it in the ring. Anthony Joshua and Wilder should have had a trilogy by now. But who cares right? As long as we get 5-6 years of social media content of this fight scared of this fighter, PBC vs Matchroom, blah blah blah
Social media content creators ate for 5 years on Spence vs Crawford. Should of had a trilogy, but I guess fantasy trashtalking online is so much better

Tank is supposedly at the top of all the 135/140 lb fighters by only fighting Ryan fukking Garcia smh lol

This is the era of fantasy matchups, instead of..... actually matching up lol
shyt soon the Saudis gonna end up needing to intervene like they did at the heavyweight because i dont think the fury and usyk fight happens without em lmao