7/6/24 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Artem Harutyunyan (WBC Lightweight Title) / O'Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceição (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
At this point Shakur should lean into the hate, either way another win and on to the next.

oURaxRZ.gif
Basically this.

The thing is when you have a gamebreaking factor, like Shakur's defense, you can be real cocky af.

Dude needs to be taunting like no tomorrow in there. The connection rate vs Bivol and Shakur is absurd (both at 13%). They only get hit 1 out of every ~10 punches thrown at them and the punch that lands doesn't even hit them cleanly.

You should use that to be really selling your fights and personality.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Basically this.

The thing is when you have a gamebreaking factor, like Shakur's defense, you can be real cocky af.

Dude needs to be taunting like no tomorrow in there.
He comes off as a whiney kid instead of bad guy because he actually takes to heart what people criticize him about

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Basically this.

Dude needs to be taunting like no tomorrow in there. The connection rate vs Bivol and Shakur is absurd. They only get hit 1 out of every 10 punches thrown at them and the punch that hits them doesn't even his them cleanly.

You should use that to be really sell your fights and personality.

Yeah my complaint about the fight was him doing more talking in his corner than listening that can be a real issue when he has a guy who is just as skilled in front of him. Otherwise he did his job I’m not expecting the guy w 10 kos to turn into Golovkin and anyone doing so clearly ain’t been paying attention.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
nikkas posting delusional ass Shields. Y'all boys are cooked out here lmfaooo

I mean only delusional hot take Ive seen from her is her stupid shyt about fighting Thurman but otherwise her takes are pretty normal/rational.

I mean shes so good at boxing she has to take sidequests in mma and shyt. IDK why she gets any hate :manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Interesting fight. By the middle rounds, Harutyunyan felt the body shots and Stevenson started to control the ring. He kept the fight in the middle of the ring and that kept Harutyunyan on his back foot.

But for whatever reason, Stevenson couldn't finish him. He's not a one punch power guy. He gets in a groove and puts punches together really well. He was legit following Harutyunyan around the ring but couldn't cut him off.

No one at 135 to 147 is going to beat him because you can't hit him. Davis is too reliant on the one punch to connect. Lopez footwork is awful. Cruz would try to press the issue but probably wouldn't land. Berinchyk seems to have the technical tools, but it wouldn't be enough. Only person that might give him problems would be Loma.

The problem with every fighter I named is none of them are going to be lining up to fight him. I don't think Stevenson is boring. He's shown times where he's fan friendly. But I still think he's has a difficult time off guaging when to establish offensive dominance.
a guy that spars with a straight killer like crawford regularly, one would think some of that would rub off on him. shakur is gifted with a lot of defensive instincts, a good combination puncher, a good body puncher...he will win fights doing the least if a fighter can't get him out of first gear and its not much that fighters can do about it..if you can't cut off the ring on him, able to set traps, throw with power and/or volume to make him uncomfortable you are not going to beat him...

agreed with tank but tank does have a high fight IQ and can set traps with power...shakur's biggest flaw is how he deals with cats who who throw some real heat at him...he panics...zepeda can realistically give him problems too off sheer aggression, power, and workrate..cruz would get picked apart as would teo...berinchyk would be a nightmare to watch..berinchyk operates with making and using opponent's aggression against them..one of them would have to be on the offense...i dont think it would make for good TV lol..loma could beat him but he's also getting older..those circus reflexes dont last forever

its almost making the comparisons to rigo justified..except rigo has legit one punch power in both hands and punched above his weight...id hate for shakur to be blackballed because of being bad TV like rigo...rigo's career was killed by TR due to the fact he boxed up a prime donaire and it wasnt star making even though it was brilliant..and rigo did himself no favors either by not compromising his style when he was on american TV save for a one fight on PBC and one round in another fight on PBC

it might be time to see what another promotion can do for shakur or operate like how devin haney did because TR might eventually job him out like they did o'shaquie foster if he resigns with them

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Was literally falling asleep watching that bullshyt

Shakur obviously a good fighter but no one wants to see shyt like that, let alone pay for it

He finna get black balled. TR gonna elevate Keyshawn, and Matchroom can't do shyt for Shakur without Turki stepping in.

Tank will probably offer Shakur crumbs and if Shakur loses his career is pretty much over because nobody will invest and he has no belts as leverage.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Shakur got more haters than fans at this point, why dont one of these other top cats step in and fight him and save boxing :mjlol:

People bringing up Zepeda like Oscar literally said he dont want no parts of that fight for him. He knows how damaging it would be for his 100% come forward aggressive fighter to look lost for 12 rounds. Kambozo dodged just to get shyt on by Loma. Loma ducked. Pitbull scurried off to fight huff ass rolly. Frank understanday fought tank.

If no one can crack ur code why stop? Haney fought like a retard and jeopardized his future and got memed to death for doing EXACTLY whats mouth breathers wanted him to by engaging with a one dimensional cheating power puncher.

Now. This is predicated on Shakur continuing to win. The moment he takes a L hes going to be blackballed to Bolivia and thats the gift n the curse of that fighting style

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Interesting fight. By the middle rounds, Harutyunyan felt the body shots and Stevenson started to control the ring. He kept the fight in the middle of the ring and that kept Harutyunyan on his back foot.

But for whatever reason, Stevenson couldn't finish him. He's not a one punch power guy. He gets in a groove and puts punches together really well. He was legit following Harutyunyan around the ring but couldn't cut him off.

No one at 135 to 147 is going to beat him because you can't hit him. Davis is too reliant on the one punch to connect. Lopez footwork is awful. Cruz would try to press the issue but probably wouldn't land. Berinchyk seems to have the technical tools, but it wouldn't be enough. Only person that might give him problems would be Loma.

The problem with every fighter I named is none of them are going to be lining up to fight him. I don't think Stevenson is boring. He's shown times where he's fan friendly. But I still think he's has a difficult time off guaging when to establish offensive dominance.
one would think that a guy that spars with a straight killer like crawford regularly, one would think some of that would rub off on him. shakur is gifted with a lot of defensive instincts, a good combination puncher, a good body puncher...he will win fights doing the least if a fighter can't get him out of first gear and its not much that fighters can do about it..if you can't cut off the ring on him, able to set traps, throw with power and/or volume to make him uncomfortable you are not going to beat him...

agreed with tank but tank does have a high fight IQ and can set traps with power...shakur's biggest flaw is how he deals with cats who who throw some real heat at him...he panics...zepeda can realistically give him problems too off sheer aggression, power, and workrate..cruz would get picked apart as would teo...berinchyk would be a nightmare to watch..berinchyk operates with making using opponent's aggression against them..one of them would have to be on the offense...i dont think it would make for good TV lol..loma could beat him but he's also getting older..those circus reflexes dont last forever

its almost making the comparisons to rigo justified..except rigo has legit one punch power in both hands and punched above his weight...id hate for shakur to be blackballed because of being bad TV like rigo...rigo's career was killed by TR due to the fact he boxed up a prime donaire and it wasnt star making even though it was brilliant..and rigo did himself no favors either by not compromising his style when he was on american TV save for a one fight on PBC and one round in another fight on PBC

it might be time to see what another promotion can do for shakur or operate like how devin haney did because TR might eventually job him out like they o'shaquie foster if he resigns with them
Additionally well said.

One thing I will say is that Shakur got good height for big names up to 154 while Rigo was definitely capped by his height as he got into Lightweight. Those skills at that height will keep him around long term and unlike Rigo I don't think we'll ever see dude get dominated unless he tries to go up to 160 and takes on some ultra boxer with the clear height and athleticism advantage.

Outside of Crawford, there's just zero fighter matching his boxing skills above his weight until you get to Bivol. As you said though, they don't need to necessarily match Shakur's ability but have enough skills but with breathtaking power/athleticism to make it a fight and push him to dig deep.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
regarding the sweet pea talks...i watched sweet pea in his prime operating in the 90s...sweet pea for all of his brilliance did go the distance with b-level and c-level cats from time to time...and ppl complained about those too...so you gotta be careful on how you use sweet pea in these type of comparisons

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
regarding the sweet pea talks...i watched sweet pea in his prime operating in the 90s...sweet pea for all of his brilliance did go the distance with b-level and c-level cats from time to time...and ppl complained about those too...so you gotta be careful on how you use sweet pea in these type of comparisons

The sweet pea hate was not on this level fam im washed too.