7/6/24 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Artem Harutyunyan (WBC Lightweight Title) / O'Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceição (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
At this point Shakur should lean into the hate, either way another win and on to the next.

oURaxRZ.gif

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Yeah, boxing stanning has ruined boxing conversations because instead of talking about what guys actually do IN the fukking ring now, it’s about all this extracurricular shyt about how you feel about that fighter that steers conversations. Whether he’s from your city, state, you like his fighting style, etc. We’re all victims to it to some extent. I’m an admitted Spence guy. He has his flaws and sometimes I overlook or diminish them in conversations about potential matchups.

What I don’t do is act like he can SUDDENLY morph into a completely different fighter if he just had the right situation/opponent. I’m not expecting him to become fukking Nicolino Locche and I don’t have to dikkride everything he does. Shakur is not Pernell Whitaker (RIP). I’ve seen a drug addicted Pernell need a knockout in the final rounds and be able to produce it (Hurtado ‘97). I watched that fight live. Shakur has NOT shown that gear and that was a diminished Pernell. Sometimes, a guy you really like for whatever reason is a guy, but he’s just not THAT guy.

I don’t even think he’s untalented. He’s just not as nice as some of y’all are acting :yeshrug:.

Some of y’all legit act like he’s the best boxer and the world and shyt, and I don’t see that at all. He’s really good at measuring range/distance, but not really fleet of foot compared to some of his peers. When he starts fighting the top guys whether it’s Tank, Martin, Teo (who fights to the level of the competition), Haney, et al. he’s going to be in the ring with guys that can close the distance quick af.

Nonetheless, I wish the fight with Frank would’ve happened, because I think we could make a more informed assessment of his abilities.

On another note: boxing 1000% has its issues with race, that Haney/Garcia fallout is a recent example of such. The criticism launched at Shakur is not that, in my opinion. I’m black on both sides, but it’s a matter of taste.

It’s some us saying Shakur isn’t really like that. He hasn’t shown that’s he’s like that. In fact, he has more evidence saying he’s not like that than saying he is, and you lot saying, “He is like that. He just hasn’t shown it yet….” Or, “He just has to fight Tank or someone. You’ll see! 12-0!” Or, “The distance control, though :wow:.” Or, whatever.

If he has all this dip on his chip like y’all say, he should’ve fought Haney and busted his ass :dame: (no Diddy). He had an offer, right?

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Like I said in previous Shakur fight threads. Hype train slowly rolling to an end.

I will say this tho..he does have the style to beat Tank

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
if shakur's hand was down, then why was he so hard to hit with a left hook?

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Dude said for like 7 rounds straight to his corner;

"Don't worry Gramps, Ima get him outta here I got this":demonic::myman:

Then proceeds to pot shot and cruise the rest of the fight. Obviously he outboxed him, I had it 9-3. But the hate comes from the way he hypes himself as some type of soul destroying boogeyman when he's not that in reality.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Dude said for like 7 rounds straight to his corner;

"Don't worry Gramps, Ima get him outta here I got this":demonic::myman:

Then proceeds to pot shot and cruise the rest of the fight. Obviously he outboxed him, I had it 9-3. But the hate comes from the way he hypes himself as some type of soul destroying boogeyman when he's not that in reality.

Tank finna send that nikka back to Puerto Rico with his ancestors
:troll: :mjlol:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I don't know I just don't get boxing fans. like people who call themselves actual fans. I can understand casuals they don't know wtf they looking at anyway. His last fight was pure ass, but we can now see thats really because he actually was injured.

Stood right in front of crodie, at times pushed him around the ring. did not get hit, hit the fukk out of dude. Is all that good ass work negated because he couldn't get a TKO :gucci:

He may not be on tank level but who wouldn't want to see that fight to see if he really able to crack the defense no one has to this point. As a fan of boxing you should be clamoring for such a stylistic matchup. Either he gets blasted off earth, or someone finally curtails tank for a 36 minutes. one of the most intriguing matchups to be made in the whole sport.

Shakira is overrated. He’s the only guy I seen walk another boxer down but do no damage or throw anything really lol.

This guys better not call anyone out again. No one wants to see him again.