7/6/24 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Artem Harutyunyan (WBC Lightweight Title) / O'Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceição (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
At this point Shakur should lean into the hate, either way another win and on to the next.

oURaxRZ.gif

I don't know I just don't get boxing fans. like people who call themselves actual fans. I can understand casuals they don't know wtf they looking at anyway. His last fight was pure ass, but we can now see thats really because he actually was injured.

Stood right in front of crodie, at times pushed him around the ring. did not get hit, hit the fukk out of dude. Is all that good ass work negated because he couldn't get a TKO :gucci:

He may not be on tank level but who wouldn't want to see that fight to see if he really able to crack the defense no one has to this point. As a fan of boxing you should be clamoring for such a stylistic matchup. Either he gets blasted off earth, or someone finally curtails tank for a 36 minutes. one of the most intriguing matchups to be made in the whole sport.
Tank has to play duck hunt. 😂 95/5 split

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Interesting fight. By the middle rounds, Harutyunyan felt the body shots and Stevenson started to control the ring. He kept the fight in the middle of the ring and that kept Harutyunyan on his back foot.

But for whatever reason, Stevenson couldn't finish him. He's not a one punch power guy. He gets in a groove and puts punches together really well. He was legit following Harutyunyan around the ring but couldn't cut him off.

No one at 135 to 147 is going to beat him because you can't hit him. Davis is too reliant on the one punch to connect. Lopez footwork is awful. Cruz and Zepeda would try to press the issue but probably wouldn't land. Berinchyk seems to have the technical tools, but it wouldn't be enough. Only person that might give him problems would be Loma.

The problem with every fighter I named is none of them are going to be lining up to fight him. I don't think Stevenson is boring. He's shown times where he's fan friendly. But I still think he's has a difficult time off guaging when to establish offensive dominance.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I don't know I just don't get boxing fans. like people who call themselves actual fans. I can understand casuals they don't know wtf they looking at anyway. His last fight was pure ass, but we can now see thats really because he actually was injured.

Stood right in front of crodie, at times pushed him around the ring. did not get hit, hit the fukk out of dude. Is all that good ass work negated because he couldn't get a TKO :gucci:

He may not be on tank level but who wouldn't want to see that fight to see if he really able to crack the defense no one has to this point. As a fan of boxing you should be clamoring for such a stylistic matchup. Either he gets blasted off earth, or someone finally curtails tank for a 36 minutes. one of the most intriguing matchups to be made in the whole sport.
I lean more to the casual side of being a boxing fan even though I watch a lot but I'll respond to this. I like Shakur and think he's talented as hell. But I'm realistic as well. We all know the politics of boxing. Shakur is in that dead zone right now. He is talented as fukk. He has a big enough name that when it comes time for negotiations his team is going to want close to equal or even A side money. But he's not a big enough draw to make the risk worth it to pay him all that money. No fighter will look great against them. He'd probably be favored over all of them. So why would any big name take that risk.

That is why I believe so many of get so pissed off at these performances. He needs some dominant exciting wins that gets the fans anxious to see them so that he can be seen as a draw that would be guaranteed to draw a huge PPV before any company takes the risk of putting them in against Shakur. As long as he does enough to win comfortably without hitting that extra gear he'll never become popular enough to force the fights we all want to see.

That sad reality is that Shakur is going to have to be willing to take an L in negotiations minus those buzz generating performances which his team doesn't seem willing to do.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I lean more to the casual side of being a boxing fan even though I watch a lot but I'll respond to this. I like Shakur and think he's talented as hell. But I'm realistic as well. We all know the politics of boxing. Shakur is in that dead zone right now. He is talented as fukk. He has a big enough name that when it comes time for negotiations his team is going to want close to equal or even A side money. But he's not a big enough draw to make the risk worth it to pay him all that money. No fighter will look great against them. He'd probably be favored over all of them. So why would any big name take that risk.

That is why I believe so many of get so pissed off at these performances. He needs some dominant exciting wins that gets the fans anxious to see them so that he can be seen as a draw that would be guaranteed to draw a huge PPV before any company takes the risk of putting them in against Shakur. As long as he does enough to win comfortably without hitting that extra gear he'll never become popular enough to force the fights we all want to see.

That sad reality is that Shakur is going to have to be willing to take an L in negotiations minus those buzz generating performances which his team doesn't seem willing to do.

At this point if Stevenson asks for anything over a 250k purse we should consider him the ducker. Ain’t no one tryna pay 50+ dollars to watch him!

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Interesting fight. By the middle rounds, Harutyunyan felt the body shots and Stevenson started to control the ring. He kept the fight in the middle of the ring and that kept Harutyunyan on his back foot.

But for whatever reason, Stevenson couldn't finish him. He's not a one punch power guy. He gets in a groove and puts punches together really well. He was legit following Harutyunyan around the ring but couldn't cut him off.

No one at 135 to 147 is going to beat him because you can't hit him. Davis is too reliant on the one punch to connect. Lopez footwork is awful. Cruz would try to press the issue but probably wouldn't land. Berinchyk seems to have the technical tools, but it wouldn't be enough. Only person that might give him problems would be Loma.

The problem with every fighter I named is none of them are going to be lining up to fight him. I don't Stevenson is boring. He's shown times where he's fan friendly. But I still think he's has a difficult time off guaging when to establish offensive dominance.
The 2 fighters I can see beating him are Tank & Haney & that's if Haney boxes smart like we've seen in that past. Shakur will most definitely fight scary against Tank like he did with Dominican Ghost (probably more so if that's possible lol). The difference is, Tank won't respect his power & will walk him down cutting off the ring trying to make it uncomfortable. Tank matches him in foot speed, hand speed & IQ. We also can't discount Tank's boxing IQ because it''s very good & he's great at setting traps & feinting to get fighters out of position

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Just a reminder...when Floyd made the statement that these young fighters wanna be Money Mayweather when they need to be Pretty Boy Floyd he was talking about Muthafukkas like Shakur

People need to shut up with this "Well it's the sweet science, he's fighting like Floyd"

fukk outta here:camby: Go watch some PBF fights. He ain't fighting like that at all

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
My argument had nothing to do with his skill, or if he’s elite.

He’s courting Tank Davis and the other major money earners at 135. He needs casual fans to get interested to put pressure on the promotions to prioritize those fights. So when he doesn’t get a KO that he should have…. Then those PPV buyers are not going to be pressed to demand the fight.

This is what you literally said 5 minutes before this post

This does not raise his stock. He needed to show that he deserved to be in the ring with Tank. He needed to convince casual fans and PPV buyers. This doesn’t move the needle to me.

No need to backtrack, you knew what you meant

0:20

Clarissa Shields talked about it perfectly

- "Shakur did great! It's not always about the knockouts"
- "I myself only have 2 KOs and I'm one of the best P4P fighters in the world"
- "Why are you asking if Shakur is ready for Tank. Shakur is an Olympian, something Tank couldn't achieve"

Like what is the assumption that Shakur needs to rise to a level of Tank and not the other way around? Thinking someone is a better fighter because they have KO power is the most casual take I've seen on here, and that's saying alot. Too many times in history you've seen elite Boxers disarm power punchers to even make that foolish statement

- Lennox Lewis vs David Tua
- Ali vs Foreman
- Mayweather vs Canelo, Cotto, Pacquiao, etc etc
- Sugar Ray Leonard vs Duran
- Larry Holmes vs Earnie Shavers
- Larry Holmes vs Gerry c00ney
- Gene Tunney vs Jack Dempsey
- Pernell Whitaker vs Roger Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Buddy McGirt
- Ali vs Sonny Liston
- Etc, etc, etc

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
He's a hoe ass nikka that will never be a PPV star:wow:

All it takes is one of these cats who ducked him to actually fight him and beat his ass and save boxing. Wonder who wants to take this easy easy fight : wow: