7/6/24 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Artem Harutyunyan (WBC Lightweight Title) / O'Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceição (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I agree with all of this but I do wanna see him fight Tank. I’m really wanna see if Tank would bring something different out of him.

See, I don't want to see him fight Tank because Tank is so low output that I think we'd get a similar Shakur.

The only hope for him is that he fights a Pitbull, a Navarette, a Zepeda, someone who’s relentless and has crazy output and that forces him to become a dog. We know that those guys are going to throw so many punches that he'll be forced to mount an offense.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
That's not the point. Shakur is supposed to be worlds better than Martin or Artem, yes or no?

Like I told someone else, you don't hurt someone so far behind you in round 6 and let them stick around for the distance.

We can say PPV because nobody is paying $70 to see a fighter play with his food, or get slumped when they face another elite fighter and can't avoid them for 12 rounds.

So if Frank Martin is so far below Shakur ...why did Tank decide to fight him and not shakur?

Tank can make fights with literally anyone he wants and continues to choose inferior comp. only reason Shakur even fought artem is because loma, pitbull, kambosas, zepeda...all them nikkas ducked. Caught in 4k type ducks. If he so mid and will get slumped why did the whole fukking top 5 of the division dodge him?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
So if Frank Martin is so far below Shakur ...why did Tank decide to fight him and not shakur?

Tank can make fights with literally anyone he wants and continues to choose inferior comp. only reason Shakur even fought artem is because loma, pitbull, kambosas, zepeda...all them nikkas ducked. Caught in 4k type ducks. If he so mid and will get slumped why did the whole fukking top 5 of the division dodge him?
Frank Martin signed to PBC and Shakur signed to Top Rank. Tank v Shakur isn’t a million PPV fight to be worth going through negotiations for.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

Because Tank is Tank...you're acting as if Tank hasn't been critiqued for opponent selection.

Using the word "mid" is putting words in my mouth. Refrain from doing that. Shakur can fight this style all he wants, but the campaigning for super fights will fall on deaf ears and he'll be looking elite against actual mid fighters.

Edit: And as breh pointed out, the cross promotions doesn't make negotiations worth it. When you demonstrate that you can finish your opponents and/or at least entertain fans, then that gets alleviated.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Frank Martin signed to PBC and Shakur signed to Top Rank. Tank v Shakur isn’t a million PPV fight to be worth going through negotiations for.

Be that as it may Tank the face of boxing. what he says goes if he wanted that fight we'd have that fight :manny:

you do what you want when you popping just look at Canelo :manny:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
He has less than half of his wins via KO. most retard fans nowadays would say he is boring with pillow fists. you know this. I not once compared their skill, styles or anything beyond being defensive fighters. he defense first, so is Shakur. thank you for agreeing with me.
It's funny because sweet pea was a volume puncher. Man threw thousands of shots in his fights. He'd still be called running.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Be that as it may Tank the face of boxing. what he says goes if he wanted that fight we'd have that fight :manny:

you do what you want when you popping just look at Canelo :manny:
Tank is not Canelo nor does he provide Mexican fans that spend in the sport.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's funny because sweet pea was a volume puncher. Man threw thousands of shots in his fights. He'd still be called running.

people weird. Like I can completely understand if you are simply being defensive and not engaging like his last fight. thats booable. but if you right in front of someone and throwing shyt and not getting hit. that is beautiful work :manny:

If shakur had Tank power he'd be unbeatable in this era but he doesn't so he has to win how he wins. Its partly his fault for being kind of annoying personality wise too. He needs to figure out what type of role he wants and embrace it. if you gonna be a UD villian be that. as long as you keep winning people cant really say shyt if you beating people up

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Tank is not Canelo nor does he provide Mexican fans that spin in the sport.

Face of boxing bigger than Canelo crodie:wow:

in all seriousness I just want to see that fight. politics or w/e be damned. I'm not even saying shakur wins but on paper what would be a better matchup in that division?

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
I don't know I just don't get boxing fans. like people who call themselves actual fans. I can understand casuals they don't know wtf they looking at anyway. His last fight was pure ass, but we can now see thats really because he actually was injured.

Stood right in front of crodie, at times pushed him around the ring. did not get hit, hit the fukk out of dude. Is all that good ass work negated because he couldn't get a TKO :gucci:

He may not be on tank level but who wouldn't want to see that fight to see if he really able to crack the defense no one has to this point. As a fan of boxing you should be clamoring for such a stylistic matchup. Either he gets blasted off earth, or someone finally curtails tank for a 36 minutes. one of the most intriguing matchups to be made in the whole sport.
Shakur needed to stop or KO Artem. Artem is a tomato can and after Shakur’s last fight he needed to redeem himself with a good showing. He did much better but it wasn’t a good performance. Him going the distance with a Loma and I promise you no one would be complaining.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Shakur needed to stop or KO Artem. Artem is a tomato can and after Shakur’s last fight he needed to redeem himself with a good showing. He did much better but it wasn’t a good performance. Him going the distance with a Loma and I promise you no one would be complaining.

I mean thats how that fight would go because I don't see either of them knocking each other out.

Artem is definitely not a can but hes also not elite either. Stood directly in front of him, 15% of the punches landed, pressured him, hurt him several times. Its not a good performance because he didn't get a TKO? thats tough lol

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
I mean thats how that fight would go because I don't see either of them knocking each other out.

Artem is definitely not a can but hes also not elite either. Stood directly in front of him, 15% of the punches landed, pressured him, hurt him several times. It’s not a good performance because he didn't get a TKO? thats tough lol
Against that guy? Yes it was NOT a good performance.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: who the hell told you that?