7/6/24 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Artem Harutyunyan (WBC Lightweight Title) / O'Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceição (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Going the distance with Tank or someone of the level is acceptable. He went 12 rounds with someone he should’ve knocked out in round 6/7.

frank martin squeaked out a win over dude and just fought Tank though :jbhmm:

Oh I forgot he chose to fight Martin instead of shakur because of Franks ppv star status :mjlol:

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Everytime Shakur went back to his corner after round 4 he kept telling his grandad that he was going to knock him out...but as it went the distance you could see him panicking because the gameplan was KNOCK OUT!

Artem was never really no competition for him....everybody knew that since it was announced and expected him to get dude outta here and make a statement....not being able to get a guy like Artem outta here and claiming you getting ducked makes no sense. I wouldn't be suprised if Shakur resigns with TR.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These "Boxing Fans" are full of shyt. Terence Crawford is currently on a 10+ Knockout streak and all of his fights are what someone would call exciting, and you still have people on here that say, "Man, Crawford don't sell, he's not a superstar, he's overrated"

Haney fell into that trap of being a listening to fans call him "boring fighter" and abandoned his gameplan to attempt to be more exciting against Ryan Garcia. Now everyone is making fun of Haney in the aftermath

I realized, when the herd doesn't like you, they'll find any reason to not like you. Shakur better realize this and do him
one of da reasons floyd is still so hated is because he could never be tricked into doing some dumb shyt in da ring

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
My argument had nothing to do with his skill, or if he’s elite.

He’s courting Tank Davis and the other major money earners at 135. He needs casual fans to get interested to put pressure on the promotions to prioritize those fights. So when he doesn’t get a KO that he should have…. Then those PPV buyers are not going to be pressed to demand the fight.

them nikkas just don't want to possibly get embarrassed by being ineffectual for a dud ppv. thats all it is, I don't think the fans have shyt to do with it. He got ducked by like the whole top 5 of the division a few years. like literal ass ducks. All these folks people be like hed lose to etc they ducked him and its documented. Haney the only one who was trying squabble and shakur was too stupid to take that fight.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
Tank cleared the Haney/Shakur/Teo/Ryan field by a mile nikkas gotta stop puttin those mids in the same convos as him. Floyd know it too that why he released the full Tank and Haney sparring right after he slumped Martin when we was waitin years for that full footage :mjlol:

Tank Davis is the #1 P4P in hypothetical fights. :mjlol:
How is about his goofy ass actually fight the best fighters around his weight class for the supposed "face of boxing?"

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
People would be calling Pernell a runner and overated and asking why he isn't one shot ko'ing folks if he was fighting today :dead:

You out ya got damn mind puttin this mid fraud in the same sentence as Sweet Pea :camby:

Sweet Pea was defense first but he had a complete offensive skillset. Jab, infighting, combos, body, counters... Shakur is just a limited offensive fighter and when he do open up he hittable. His defense is overrated too cause he just lay back and don't do shyt. Real defensive masters like Pea could defend and evade while puttin they ass in line of fire. Shakur can't do that. Stop it nikka

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Frank Martin isn't touted as a 135 boogeyman

thats the point. he fought artem, its a real close fight. Shakur fights same guy, makes him look extremely ineffectual.

Yet that performance was good enough for Tank and his stans to say Martin was a good tough fight. yet Shakur should continue to be dodged with a superior performance? make it make sense. can't say ppv because Martin aint no fukking ppv star either.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
them nikkas just don't want to possibly get embarrassed by being ineffectual for a dud ppv. thats all it is, I don't think the fans have shyt to do with it. He got ducked by like the whole top 5 of the division a few years. like literal ass ducks. All these folks people be like hed lose to etc they ducked him and its documented. Haney the only one who was trying squabble and shakur was too stupid to take that fight.

I believe the fans sway the interest of a fight, especially a PPV, and I believe Shakur should have taken the fight against Devin. It would have put a lot of new eyes on him. Top Rank isn’t doing the greatest promo job for him.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You out ya got damn mind puttin this mid fraud in the same sentence as Sweet Pea :camby:

Sweet Pea was defense first but he had a complete offensive skillset. Jab, infighting, combos, body, counters... Shakur is just a limited offensive fighter and when he do open up he hittable. His defense is overrated too cause he just lay back and don't do shyt. Real defensive masters like Pea could defend and evade while puttin they ass in line of fire. Shakur can't do that. Stop it nikka

He has less than half of his wins via KO. most retard fans nowadays would say he is boring with pillow fists. you know this. I not once compared their skill, styles or anything beyond being defensive fighters. he defense first, so is Shakur. thank you for agreeing with me.

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
frank martin squeaked out a win over dude and just fought Tank though :jbhmm:

Oh I forgot he chose to fight Martin instead of shakur because of Franks ppv star status :mjlol:
It’s the perception. Shakur and Tank are supposedly on the same tier. Frank and Artem are on the same level, that fight going the distance is what it is. Shakur needed to make a statement not just win.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Exactly! Sweet Pea was trained by the late great Georgie Benton who used the shoulder roll in the 60's. The real shoulder roll where you fought in the pocket but were still very offensive minded which is how Pea fought

James Toney is on record saying he learned from Benton too & took from Ezzard Charles. Offensive fighters that were slick defensively but were very good offensively

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
thats the point. he fought artem, its a real close fight. Shakur fights same guy, makes him look extremely ineffectual.

Yet that performance was good enough for Tank and his stans to say Martin was a good tough fight. yet Shakur should continue to be dodged with a superior performance? make it make sense. can't say ppv because Martin aint no fukking ppv star either.
That's not the point. Shakur is supposed to be worlds better than Martin or Artem, yes or no?

Like I told someone else, you don't hurt someone so far behind you in round 6 and let them stick around for the distance.

We can say PPV because nobody is paying $70 to see a fighter play with his food, or get slumped when they face another elite fighter and can't avoid them for 12 rounds.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It’s the perception. Shakur and Tank are supposedly on the same tier. Frank and Artem are on the same level, that fight going the distance is what it is. Shakur needed to make a statement not just win.

I don't know I just don't get boxing fans. like people who call themselves actual fans. I can understand casuals they don't know wtf they looking at anyway. His last fight was pure ass, but we can now see thats really because he actually was injured.

Stood right in front of crodie, at times pushed him around the ring. did not get hit, hit the fukk out of dude. Is all that good ass work negated because he couldn't get a TKO :gucci:

He may not be on tank level but who wouldn't want to see that fight to see if he really able to crack the defense no one has to this point. As a fan of boxing you should be clamoring for such a stylistic matchup. Either he gets blasted off earth, or someone finally curtails tank for a 36 minutes. one of the most intriguing matchups to be made in the whole sport.