7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Spence is going to start strong and Bud will adapt and take over like he always does in the later rounds. I can't wait to bet on the inplay odds when Bud is down a couple rounds

Spence aint none of them footlocker employees or
Podcasters Bud faught

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Spence aint none of them footlocker employees or
Podcasters Bud faught
That’s what makes this fight so interesting. It’s easy for Crawford to counter punch somebody mid-punch and start slow when the opponent isn’t a bruiser like Spence that’s beating his ass up until he gets warmed up.

And on the flip side it’s easy for Spence to put his head down and not worry about taking punches when he’s not across from somebody that can accurately counter punch with as much power as Crawford.

Somethings got to give and one if not both are going to have to step outside of their comfort zone to win most likely.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Neither of them had many options. What did Spence have?....Thurman?....the bottomline is bud stood his ground and got the deal he wanted. Period.

From zero guaranteed money to 20 mil. shyt any guarantee is better than the bullshyt PBC was offering.

I don't have any loyalty to a network. I call out bullshyt from all of em. And PBC offering bud zero guarantee is flat out despicable. One of the most despicable things I ever seen from a boxing company if we're being real.
Any non bias person would agree. Y'all are basically siding with the company men over the fighters:hhh:.....y'all should be happy to see fighters knowing their worth and refusing to compromise. It makes it better for all of them.
It's old news, so I don't even like talking about it anymore because what's done is done. But for the last time, it didn't play out the way you're trying to portay it.

They didn't just offer him 0 guarantees just because. It was actually a final attempt to try and get Crawford the money he wanted. Bud wanted at least 15 million guaranteed, and PBC wouldn't go higher than 10. So they offered him a sales based percentage deal which could possibly get him close to the money he wanted. Which led into the whole transparency shyt, etc.

At the end of the day Bud got the money he wanted and we got the fight we all wanted, and I'm happy we got through all that so it's a moot point. But this idea that he was never offered a guaranteed deal at any point is completely false. And this isn't me being a PBC, this is coming from me knowing people who were plugged in from jump

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Rewatching Spence-Porter :banderas:
DAMN i can't wait!! Porter gave Errol good work

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Its so hard cause I'm a fan of both but I gotta root for Bud this go around just given how much his career and big fights were stalled (both in and out of his control). I want people out there to know what they've been missing :wow:

Now rematch... i gotta go with Errol and Derrick James patching up any holes from the first fight. And then trilogy :feedme:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
It's old news, so I don't even like talking about it anymore because what's done is done. But for the last time, it didn't play out the way you're trying to portay it.

They didn't just offer him 0 guarantees just because. It was actually a final attempt to try and get Crawford the money he wanted. Bud wanted at least 15 million guaranteed, and PBC wouldn't go higher than 10. So they offered him a sales based percentage deal which could possibly get him close to the money he wanted. Which led into the whole transparency shyt, etc.

At the end of the day Bud got the money he wanted and we got the fight we all wanted, and I'm happy we got through all that so it's a moot point. But this idea that he was never offered a guaranteed deal at any point is completely false. And this isn't me being a PBC, this is coming from me knowing people who were plugged in from jump
Only thing we ever heard was bud saying he didn't get a guarantee and even Spence co signing and admitting he wasn't getting one either. I never heard anything else to suggest otherwise.

But I'll take your word for it. Like you said. The only thing that matters is that bud stood tall and got what he wanted. And now we're 1 week away from one of the greatest matchups in boxing history. Doesn't matter who you got winning. As die hard boxing fans we're all winning on July 29. I'm just glad we got it before it was too late.

I feel like a little kid anticipating this shyt :wow:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Its so hard cause I'm a fan of both but I gotta root for Bud this go around just given how much his career and big fights were stalled (both in and out of his control). I want people out there to know what they've been missing :wow:

Now rematch... i gotta go with Errol and Derrick James patching up any holes from the first fight. And then trilogy :feedme:
You know I was thinking about just that. Cause as we seen with jermell. Derrick may not necessarily be the greatest when it comes to strategizing for trickier opponents. But he seems to do a lot better in rematches. Also didn't agree with the strategy in the porter fight. Errol should have been using his reach and moving.

This first fight will most likely come down to who's better at making adjustments on the fly. It's gonna be so fast paced that both guys are gonna have to be extremely quick on their toes for all 12 rounds. Literally and figuratively. Even one lapse in focus could turn out to be fatal for either one of em. Once this shyt starts cooking it's gonna be fukkin crazy.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Only thing we ever heard was bud saying he didn't get a guarantee and even Spence co signing and admitting he wasn't getting one either. I never heard anything else to suggest otherwise.

But I'll take your word for it. Like you said. The only thing that matters is that bud stood tall and got what he wanted. And now we're 1 week away from one of the greatest matchups in boxing history. Doesn't matter who you got winning. As die hard boxing fans we're all winning on July 29. I'm just glad we got it before it was too late.

I feel like a little kid anticipating this shyt :wow:

Can't believe this time next week we'll be on the horizon of this. Always felt they would fight but for it to come into fruition is just....can't explain it. Way different feeling I have for this fight than Floyd vs Pac because smart boxing heads knew Floyd was better but this is legit 50/50.

But let's keep it a bean, whoever wins...it's going to be NUCLEAR on here and social media for a long time :russ:

Spence losing is going to PBC welters getting shytted on catching strays and Crawford losing going to lead to folks labeling him overrated :wow:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
You know I was thinking about just that. Cause as we seen with jermell. Derrick may not necessarily be the greatest when it comes to strategizing for trickier opponents. But he seems to do a lot better in rematches. Also didn't agree with the strategy in the porter fight. Errol should have been using his reach and moving.

This first fight will most likely come down to who's better at making adjustments on the fly. It's gonna be so fast paced that both guys are gonna have to be extremely quick on their toes for all 12 rounds. Literally and figuratively. Even one lapse in focus could turn out to be fatal for either one of em. Once this shyt starts cooking it's gonna be fukkin crazy.
Jermell is EXACTLY why I said that :yes:
Assuming it translates for Spence, the rematch would be a lot tougher.

Crawford's adjustments are what made me a fan :banderas: hope you're right

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Can't believe this time next week we'll be on the horizon of this. Always felt they would fight but for it to come into fruition is just....can't explain it. Way different feeling I have for this fight than Floyd vs Pac because smart boxing heads knew Floyd was better but this is legit 50/50.

But let's keep it a bean, whoever wins...it's going to be NUCLEAR on here and social media for a long time :russ:
It's definitely crossed my mind that I may have to eat my words :mjcry: .....as much as I stan bud I know errol is special too. Any man that can walk away from a car accident like that is different.

I still fully believe bud is gonna rise to a level we've never seen and get the victory. But deep down I know anything can happen here. I'm excited yet sad at the same time cause I know it's gotta end at some point. We may never get another matchup as great as this in our lifetime. As a boxing fan this is what we live for:mjcry:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That’s what makes this fight so interesting. It’s easy for Crawford to counter punch somebody mid-punch and start slow when the opponent isn’t a bruiser like Spence that’s beating his ass up until he gets warmed up.

And on the flip side it’s easy for Spence to put his head down and not worry about taking punches when he’s not across from somebody that can accurately counter punch with as much power as Crawford.

Somethings got to give and one if not both are going to have to step outside of their comfort zone to win most likely.
Yeah these dudes know this is a tough battle, and aint downplaying each other yet nikkas who aint been active since HS gym class are talking like shyt is gonna be a cake walk lol.

I clown Buds outside of ring behavior and his resume IMO Is weak against Spences but that said both these dudes know this fight is their legacy litmus test

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's definitely crossed my mind that I may have to eat my words :mjcry: .....as much as I stan bud I know errol is special too. Any man that can walk away from a car accident like that is different.

I still fully believe bud is gonna rise to a level we've never seen and get the victory. But deep down I know anything can happen here. I'm excited yet sad at the same time cause I know it's gotta end at some point. We may never get another matchup as great as this in our lifetime. As a boxing fan this is what we live for:mjcry:
Nah don't start this shyt. Stand on your pick :ufdup:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
This really is a true 50/50 fight. I can only see this going 2 ways though: either Bud KO's him in the early-mid rounds, or Errol wins by decision.

I'm picking Spence. But ultimately, I'm just hoping for a great fight. Don't care who wins :ehh:

That being said, so many people are emotionally invested in this fight on both sides, 1 section of the boxing community is guaranteed to have their hearts broken.

Next Sunday, as my man B.I.G. once said: there's gonna be a lotta slow singing, and flower bringing :pachaha: