7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
i believe errol spence averages something like 70 punches a round and terence crawford averages something like 30 punches a round. those are pretty good averages for a volume puncher and a counter puncher. because of that, i think the realistic way to look at this fight is you either have spence by decision if it goes to points, or you have crawford by knockout. with spence being the busier fighter he is going to have the edge in that aspect if it goes the distance. i believe thats his ceiling. with crawford i set his floor to about danny garcia, meaning that, realistically, crawford at worst does about as good as danny garcia. i think its unrealistic to expect crawford to preform worse than much lesser fighters than himself, which is why i can't pick spence by knockout. in others words, while it can happen, its unrealistic to expect it to happen. so take your pick. i like crawford by knockout. here is why.

what a southpaw doesn't want you to know is that, because of the way they stand, their liver is in front of their body, and because your right elbow is what protects your liver, whenever a southpaw picks up his right elbow to throw his jab his liver will be completely naked and open to a counter right hand.

uxCUaTy.gif

when errol spence picks up his right elbow and steps in to jab, which he does a lot, you can use that momentum and meet him with the counter right hand to the body, specifically to the liver.

1Ckg4BG.gif

since spence throws a lot of jabs, but not only that, a lot of double jabs and triple jabs, he spends a lot of time with his right elbow up in the air with his liver completely exposed. when you are watching him box pay attention to how big those windows get when he lets his jab go and pay to attention to how long they stay open on double and triple jabs. a right hand to the liver is always the punch that fits into that space. with errol spence, thats a big space.

when you watch errol spence box, you will notice that he will usually throw his left hand off of double and triple jabs, but not off of single jabs. he kind of tells you when he wants to throw that punch.

KK8pPEk.gif

you want to time him when he turns into his left hand. thats usually going to be on the end of the second jab. if you can time him when he turns into the left hand, usually on the second jab, you will be able to guide him into a check hook and side step the left hand.

N0jJzbF.gif

spence likes to come in behind a double and triple jab and then throw the shovel hook to the body. thats really his signature punch. the way you can know he wants to throw that punch is because, on the second jab, he will take a wide step, drop low, and cock his left hand down by his hip. but since, unlike a southpaw, by standing orthodox your liver will be behind your body, by pivoting when you throw your check hook, you can snatch your liver away from the left hand he was trying to place downstairs to the body. in this instance its incorrect for you to back up or to shell up. since he comes in on straight lines, you want to pivot off that line. and by pivoting you take away his ability to place his punches on the liver.

the way to box spence is basically to meet him on the way in in two places. you meet him on the jab with the right hand either downstairs or up the middle, like this.

6tQXpve.gif

or you meet him when he turns into the left hand with the check hook, like this.

5po8FXF.gif

both of those counters interrupt his attack, either when they are just beginning to start, at the jab, or by letting him jab, and catching him coming off the jab and turning into the left hand. the basic idea is that, you want to let him do what he does, but to interrupt him at those two points.

now everything i just said i want you to disregard because i dont believe crawford will be fighting in an orthodox stance and that, for the most part, this fight will be a southpaw vs a southpaw. that changes everything.

when you are boxing and you both jab at the same time your jabs will run parallel.

TmoH98v.gif

but when you are boxing with a southpaw and you both jab at the same time your jabs will become obstructed and essentially cancel out.

DezEu3z.gif

thats why when a southpaw jabs he can keep you from throwing your jab just by throwing his jab.

zdG6OT9.gif

when a southpaw jabs his jab will cancel out your jab. when errol spence throws his jab he is basically trying to keep you pinned down. then when you are being pinned down by the jab thats when he can start hitting you with the bulk of his punches. it all starts with the jab. but, if crawford is standing southpaw, his jab no longer has the same effect, and instead of his jab pinning him down and laying a suppressive blanket on top of him to keep him from punching back, his jab is just going to open him up to a completely new set of counter punches from completely different angles. i cant really tell you how thats going to play out. southpaw vs a southpaw can get a little sloppy because they're both not used to it. but i think crawford is more creative and a little quicker on the trigger than spence and his punches come from weird angles that fighters dont see or expect and that, spence being percieved as the fundamentals fighter, is almost too fundamental for his own good in a fight where those fundamentals will be turned upside down as soon as crawford decides to turn southpaw.
Great posting bro. I'll say this again that Spence is most vulnerable in exchanges/counters & this is where I think Crawford will catch him & hurt him at some point. This vid title is pure cap because he was in no way rocked but it shows for the most part what I said. A lot of us vets in the Ring have said this about him for years but the fan boys always call it "hate" lol

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
i believe errol spence averages something like 70 punches a round and terence crawford averages something like 30 punches a round. those are pretty good averages for a volume puncher and a counter puncher. because of that, i think the realistic way to look at this fight is you either have spence by decision if it goes to points, or you have crawford by knockout. with spence being the busier fighter he is going to have the edge in that aspect if it goes the distance. i believe thats his ceiling. with crawford i set his floor to about danny garcia, meaning that, realistically, crawford at worst does about as good as danny garcia. i think its unrealistic to expect crawford to preform worse than much lesser fighters than himself, which is why i can't pick spence by knockout. in others words, while it can happen, its unrealistic to expect it to happen. so take your pick. i like crawford by knockout. here is why.

what a southpaw doesn't want you to know is that, because of the way they stand, their liver is in front of their body, and because your right elbow is what protects your liver, whenever a southpaw picks up his right elbow to throw his jab his liver will be completely naked and open to a counter right hand.

uxCUaTy.gif

when errol spence picks up his right elbow and steps in to jab, which he does a lot, you can use that momentum and meet him with the counter right hand to the body, specifically to the liver.

1Ckg4BG.gif

since spence throws a lot of jabs, but not only that, a lot of double jabs and triple jabs, he spends a lot of time with his right elbow up in the air with his liver completely exposed. when you are watching him box pay attention to how big those windows get when he lets his jab go and pay to attention to how long they stay open on double and triple jabs. a right hand to the liver is always the punch that fits into that space. with errol spence, thats a big space.

when you watch errol spence box, you will notice that he will usually throw his left hand off of double and triple jabs, but not off of single jabs. he kind of tells you when he wants to throw that punch.

KK8pPEk.gif

you want to time him when he turns into his left hand. thats usually going to be on the end of the second jab. if you can time him when he turns into the left hand, usually on the second jab, you will be able to guide him into a check hook and side step the left hand.

N0jJzbF.gif

spence likes to come in behind a double and triple jab and then throw the shovel hook to the body. thats really his signature punch. the way you can know he wants to throw that punch is because, on the second jab, he will take a wide step, drop low, and cock his left hand down by his hip. but since, unlike a southpaw, by standing orthodox your liver will be behind your body, by pivoting when you throw your check hook, you can snatch your liver away from the left hand he was trying to place downstairs to the body. in this instance its incorrect for you to back up or to shell up. since he comes in on straight lines, you want to pivot off that line. and by pivoting you take away his ability to place his punches on the liver.

the way to box spence is basically to meet him on the way in in two places. you meet him on the jab with the right hand either downstairs or up the middle, like this.

6tQXpve.gif

or you meet him when he turns into the left hand with the check hook, like this.

5po8FXF.gif

both of those counters interrupt his attack, either when they are just beginning to start, at the jab, or by letting him jab, and catching him coming off the jab and turning into the left hand. the basic idea is that, you want to let him do what he does, but to interrupt him at those two points.

now everything i just said i want you to disregard because i dont believe crawford will be fighting in an orthodox stance and that, for the most part, this fight will be a southpaw vs a southpaw. that changes everything.

when you are boxing and you both jab at the same time your jabs will run parallel.

TmoH98v.gif

but when you are boxing with a southpaw and you both jab at the same time your jabs will become obstructed and essentially cancel out.

DezEu3z.gif

thats why when a southpaw jabs he can keep you from throwing your jab just by throwing his jab.

zdG6OT9.gif

when a southpaw jabs his jab will cancel out your jab. when errol spence throws his jab he is basically trying to keep you pinned down. then when you are being pinned down by the jab thats when he can start hitting you with the bulk of his punches. it all starts with the jab. but, if crawford is standing southpaw, his jab no longer has the same effect, and instead of his jab pinning him down and laying a suppressive blanket on top of him to keep him from punching back, his jab is just going to open him up to a completely new set of counter punches from completely different angles. i cant really tell you how thats going to play out. southpaw vs a southpaw can get a little sloppy because they're both not used to it. but i think crawford is more creative and a little quicker on the trigger than spence and his punches come from weird angles that fighters dont see or expect and that, spence being percieved as the fundamentals fighter, is almost too fundamental for his own good in a fight where those fundamentals will be turned upside down as soon as crawford decides to turn southpaw.

So you don’t think it’s possible for Crawford to perform lesser but you think it’s possible for Spence to perform lesser and get knocked out? Cognitive dissonance running wild….

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
So you don’t think it’s possible for Crawford to perform lesser but you think it’s possible for Spence to perform lesser and get knocked out? Cognitive dissonance running wild….
exactly, Spence so flawed yet none of these champs have exploited it lmfaooo

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i think crawford has to knock him out. looking at their averages he probably gets edged in a close fight. so that, if you are going to pick crawford, realistically, knockout has to be your pick.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Gary Russell Jr. said it the best way to describe what I think is gonna happen 'By round 7 or 8 Spence gonna be walking him down like Jason Vorhees dropping bombs on him.'

I still don't see how Crawford is gonna keep Spence off him, he's closer to an accumulation puncher than a one punch guy.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Bud pack on July 29th, y’all gonna get a eureka moment and realize that Spence actually had more diversity on film. Than y’all gonna go back and see what Money May was talking about.

What did Money May say? I haven't heard his opinion on either fighter

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Bud pack on July 29th, y’all gonna get a eureka moment and realize that Spence actually had more diversity on film. Than y’all gonna go back and see what Money May was talking about.
Nah you're gonna realize that bud is way smarter than you ever thought. Bud is going to leave everybody shocked at how surgical he makes this look. Spence will press forward and make him uncomfortable for sure. But that's when bud is at his most dangerous.

Bud is gonna give Spence angles he's never seen before. Gonna have his ass turning like he see's fat asses at every corner. Then bud gonna make that left hand twerk in his face. Spence won't even know what happened. He won't remember a thing. But he'll remember all them asses.

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
Nah you're gonna realize that bud is way smarter than you ever thought. Bud is going to leave everybody shocked at how surgical he makes this look. Spence will press forward and make him uncomfortable for sure. But that's when bud is at his most dangerous.

Bud is gonna give Spence angles he's never seen before. Gonna have his ass turning like he see's fat asses at every corner. Then bud gonna make that left hand twerk in his face. Spence won't even know what happened. He won't remember a thing. But he'll remember all them asses.
You actually believe this… In 29 days you’ll be singing a different tune and you’re gonna appreciate Spence. You’ll end up looking back at all his fights to see all the subtle things you missed in his game.

The boy Errol shifts seamlessly like a clock day turns into night naturally nothing too sudden or drastic. And before you know it it’s night night.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
You actually believe this… In 29 days you’ll be singing a different tune and you’re gonna appreciate Spence. You’ll end up looking back at all his fights to see all the subtle things you missed in his game.

The boy Errol shifts seamlessly like a clock day turns into night naturally nothing too sudden or drastic. And before you know it it’s night night.
Nah I respect Spence. Dude is a warrior and a humble dude. He's got a lot of skill and ring iq. But I think his tendency to leave himself in vulnerable positions is gonna be his undoing. It's still a 50-50 fight cause Crawford has some holes in his defense too and he likes to take risks.

But Spence is gonna have to hurt bud early and weaken those legs. Cause if he allows bud to get rolling he's gonna have a real tough time with the counter punching and movement. He gotta come out the gate full throttle. Don't even give bud any space or time to think. Like maidana did to Floyd. But I don't see Spence being able to press forward like that without being rocked. Bud is probably the quickest thinker in the sport. His sense of timing and distance is god level.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nah I respect Spence. Dude is a warrior and a humble dude. He's got a lot of skill and ring iq. But I think his tendency to leave himself in vulnerable positions is gonna be his undoing. It's still a 50-50 fight cause Crawford has some holes in his defense too and he likes to take risks.

But Spence is gonna have to hurt bud early and weaken those legs. Cause if he allows bud to get rolling he's gonna have a real tough time with the counter punching and movement. He gotta come out the gate full throttle. Don't even give bud any space or time to think. Like maidana did to Floyd. But I don't see Spence being able to press forward like that without being rocked. Bud is probably the quickest thinker in the sport. His sense of timing and distance is god level.
:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps

:patrice:
Spence is applying pressure behind a jab, I don’t think there’s time for Crawford to time, think and calculate for a perfect counter. Only person I seen rsuccessfully counter Spence’s jab with power was Brooks.

Garcia, Porter, Garcia, Ugas are all fights he won differently.

Even Crawford’s win over Porter he actually took a book out of Errol Spence’s Knock to Porter. The difference is Spence got that on the fly Terence was waiting and sitting on it for most of the fight.