7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
On some real shyt, though. I couldn’t imagine being a professional prize fighter at this level. Most men will be in a fight at some point in their lives, but it’s a spur of the moment thing. There’s nothing spontaneous about high level prize fighting: contracts, media obligations, etc. All the while knowing there’s a man that’s been training to hurt you specifically in X amount of days, studying your deficiencies, strengths, and looking to dispel you in front of the eyes of the viewing public. That’s a big psychological weight for anyone. People say Spence looked “off” or something before the fight. Naw, that was a man walking headlong into a battle that he knew he was ill prepared for, but he walked toward it anyways.

He said something in a Boxingscene article a few days ago that I’ve never heard him state. One of the things I appreciate about him is his candor, but he said as a fighter you envision all the possible outcomes of the fight. You even envision scenarios where you get beat up, but he doesn’t think that will happen to him this fight. In my mind, that tells me he had a feeling it wasn’t going to go well for him, because despite his overall candidness—I’ve never heard him say anything like that before. He’s generally brimming with confidence.

That ringwalk was Tupac sitting next to Suge in the black BMW knowing the end was near.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
GGG
Inoue
Beterbiev are the only other fighters who can probably do that right now.
SecondaryAngryFulmar.webp

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
On some real shyt, though. I couldn’t imagine being a professional prize fighter at this level. Most men will be in a fight at some point in their lives, but it’s a spur of the moment thing. There’s nothing spontaneous about high level prize fighting: contracts, media obligations, etc. All the while knowing there’s a man that’s been training to hurt you specifically in X amount of days, studying your deficiencies, strengths, and looking to dispel you in front of the eyes of the viewing public. That’s a big psychological weight for anyone. People say Spence looked “off” or something before the fight. Naw, that was a man walking headlong into a battle that he knew he was ill prepared for, but he walked toward it anyways.

He said something in a Boxingscene article a few days ago that I’ve never heard him state. One of the things I appreciate about him is his candor, but he said as a fighter you envision all the possible outcomes of the fight. You even envision scenarios where you get beat up, but he doesn’t think that will happen to him this fight. In my mind, that tells me he had a feeling it wasn’t going to go well for him, because despite his overall candidness—I’ve never heard him say anything like that before. He’s generally brimming with confidence.

That ringwalk was Tupac sitting next to Suge in the black BMW knowing the end was near.
I didnt feel good with his ring walk. Zero energy

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
ANYONE saying they expected what happened last night is capping
Doesn't really matter what people thought was gonna happen, what actually happened was Spence got beat up bruh. Let them talk they shyt, I can't say shyt I been having the :martin: face since Fulton got beat up Tuesday they been talking shyt.

This happens with any sport, eventually your fighter/team losses in a way you gonna get clowned behind, let em have it. I done picked plenty of winners in here when nobody else thought that fighter was gonna win(I picked Valdez over Navarrette, I picked Estrada over Chocolatito, I picked Fulton over Figgy, etc.) Sometimes you don't pick right it happens. They can clown me and all I can say is 'Y'all was right.'

@desjardins and @Black_Jesus @FreedMind @((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL @reservoirdogs I'm eating my humble pie today. Congrats to your boy, P4P #1 and guess what if he does move up to fight Mell I'm still riding with Mell to knock him out.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
. People say Spence looked “off” or something before the fight.

didn't want to make too much of it in the moment but he definitely looked concerned/scared how ever you want to characterize it in the locker room, during the ringwalk, and during the fighter announcements

crazy cause Spence was the one who had "been there before" in terms of a big major PPV. You would expect Crawford to be the one who was anxious instead of supremely confident like he was. Both dudes been around for a while so I'm sure Spence heard 1st hand accounts of how good Bud was, maybe stories of him beating up guys in sparring stuff like that. But it's still wild that Spence might have entered that fight having real doubt about himself

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
didn't want to make too much of it in the moment but he definitely looked concerned/scared how ever you want to characterize it in the locker room, during the ringwalk, and during the fighter announcements

crazy cause Spence was the one who had "been there before" in terms of a big major PPV. You would expect Crawford to be the one who was anxious instead of supremely confident like he was. Both dudes been around for a while so I'm sure Spence heard 1st hand accounts of how good Bud was, maybe stories of him beating up guys in sparring stuff like that. But it's still wild that Spence might have entered that fight having real doubt about himself

There was a segment where they showed spence sitting down yawning looking out of it then cut to Bud doing pad work.

I was like this nikka
:francis:

Then the zero energy ring walk

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Breh baited and embraced EJ connecting JUST so he could get that 2nd or 3rd knockdown :lupe:

Exactly. People don't realize. Saying "He has a loose guard" is not looking at the bigger picture. He does that to bait a fighter into engaging with him so he can counter while you are coming in or going out. And it's loose so he can have a dominant lead hand for a quick jab or to smoother the opponent's punches

Someone look up the stat to confirm this, but Crawford is the least hit out of all Welterweights according to Compubox

Crawford beats Floyd IMO. Make no mistake Floyd will catch him with precise shots, but Floyd will get caught by a counter by a stronger puncher who is bigger