7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Styles make fights & it doesn't necessarily mean Thurman has to be better than him. The movement, punching power, & Thurman's ability to punch WITH Spence has ALWAYS been my reasoning why he could either beat or KO him. Especially a prime Thurman that fought Porter & Swift. I think Crawford & Thurman now would a good scrap & fun while it lasted

of course, I get that. maybe you guys have analyzed Thurman more but he never looked like a real threat to Errol. he just doesnt seem like a physically strong fighter for one. thats another reason why Errol couldnt really do shyt to Bud. Collazo was stronger than Keith and really hurt him to the body. I wouldve favored Spence there. also Thurman power wasnt as vaunted against top level. Thurman did have the movement and the pop though.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could someone explain to me why Crawford flamed Elie in the postfight? i'm guessing he's taking about Elie Seckbach the interviewer guy but i must've missed Ellie throwing Crawford shade??

Also - if anyone else could explain.. With Charlo going up to fight Canelo, I assume he has to vacate his 154 belts right? no chance we get to see a quick attempt at undisputed vs Charlo next year?

Charlo doesnt have to vacate and whatever mandatory he has he can ask for exception. the governing body will just give them an interim belt anyway. if the winner of Bud/Spence needed to make the rematch by Dec, then a match with Charlo can be made by then as well.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I hope he cleans out welterweight by taking out Ortiz and Ennis before going up to 154. Honestly he could retire after those two fights

nah, only legacy defining fights from this point, he made his money. so he may as well go for the biggest fights money and legacy wise...and thats Charlo or Canelo. I dont think Canelo wants him too similar to Floyd.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's who Crawford really reminds me of inside: calm, collected, etc. I'm positive a large part of Bud's style comes from Holyfield.

Holyfield was terrific at taking small steps backwards when it came to close quarters, Bud showed that all night.

Crawford generates a lot power from short distances without needing to wind up

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Charlo doesnt have to vacate and whatever mandatory he has he can ask for exception. the governing body will just give them an interim belt anyway. if the winner of Bud/Spence needed to make the rematch by Dec, then a match with Charlo can be made by then as well.
Imo they need to make Bud vs Tim Kazoo for Dec and winner gets Mell for undisputed in spring.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
of course, I get that. maybe you guys have analyzed Thurman more but he never looked like a real threat to Errol. he just doesnt seem like a physically strong fighter for one. thats another reason why Errol couldnt really do shyt to Bud. Collazo was stronger than Keith and really hurt him to the body. I wouldve favored Spence there. also Thurman power wasnt as vaunted against top level. Thurman did have the movement and the pop though.
I can tell you haven't analyzed Thurman's style as much as me, @LauderdaleBoss @King P & @patscorpio lol. He might not be scoring KO's but he's hurt everyone & dropped most of them at some point during the fight. Dude is still a puncher but he's a counter puncher by nature that runs you into shots. Spence would give him plenty of opportunities to land his shots with the lunging & lack of head movement. Watch how he handled Porter & didn't allow himself to out outworked & outmuscled. That was a helluva performance. He countered him constantly & rocked him a few times. Spence doesn't beat that version of Thurman bro

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I can tell you haven't analyzed Thurman's style as much as me, @LauderdaleBoss @King P & @patscorpio lol. He might not be scoring KO's but he's hurt everyone & dropped most of them at some point during the fight. Dude is still a puncher but he's a counter puncher by nature that runs you into shots. Spence would give him plenty of opportunities to land his shots with the lunging & lack of head movement. Watch how he handled Porter & didn't allow himself to out outworked & outmuscled. That was a helluva performance. He countered him constantly & rocked him a few times. Spence doesn't beat that version of Thurman bro

In retrospect Bud and team juuged the fukk outta spence.

Spences “im feeling played” tweet is right. nikka shoulda fought Thurman in Feb and use that the practice for Bud and testing out diff shyt and like i said before he shoulda brought boots into camp.

Spence needed to use that post ugas time after the 3rd accident to just deal with dynamic boxers to at least have a plan.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thurman?!!!!

Son it’s to early on a Sunday to be this high.

Man wrf am reading this mothafukka. Thurman is fukking trash. That nikka is one level above fukking Berto.

fukking Callazo>>>> buck ass Thurman

breh you going overboard now. I said Thurman was same level as Swift and Porter and he beat both. only one loss. so many probably saw him and Spence neck and neck. I didnt. and Thurman never gave Spence a shot. Thurman fell short for sure but his resume was solid.