7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I don't think that the car accident had to do anything with this btw, Spence looked as good as ever, possibly his best ever against Ugas, there was no sign of him being on the slide. The inactivity might didn't help him but I don't think that was a big factor either.

They coulda fight in Calgary in Stu Hart’s dungeon and it wouldn’t have made a difference. I forgot who it was; maybe it was @((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL @Black_Jesus @CountryBalla @desjardins who alluded to Crawford’s wrestling background and how he comfy getting spicy if Spence wanted a phone booth fight and I’ll admit i blew that shyt off as dikkriding because I never really saw that outta Crawford but I got hip to it last night. Low key earlier last week I rewatched Spence vs Brook and Ugas and quiet as kept, they was pushing Spence back with ease and I was :patrice:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I don’t know why Thurman just doesn’t step to boots before he gets better. He could immediately make a splash but he just wants to go to every platform and give interviews.
Because right now a Boots fight doesn't mean as much. Thurman said if the money was right, he'd fight anyone. Boots included.

If the belts drop and both guys pick up vacant titles, I definitely see them unifying :manny:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also I think what we saw last night is the reason they wanted Spence to fight everybody on the PBC side first...
No, they probably didn't expect a beatdown like this but they knew it's a risky fight against someone they don't control so they kept it in-house until they could. Some of Bud's business decisions didn't help either.

But glad that we still got this in time = while they are both in their prime

Idc about his age as good Crawfor looked yesterday it's hard to envision him getting old from one night to the other in the next 2 years. I think he's good to go until 38 at least, not a lot of tear on his body either. It's possible he will retire before though as he's slowly running out of relevant challenges
Who woulda thought the easy route had a fishy detour :wow:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
exactly. spence actually waited to long a let crawford grow into 147. plus crawford has a wrestling background.
yea the way he wrestled with Porter and tossed him off him with ease while smiling should have set off alarms in people head

retire after 1 loss :childplease: yall soft

it's more about the level of beating he took.
Spence might be 34 or 35 by the time he gets back in the ring with someone other than Crawford and may be damaged goods with a limited bag on top of all that
he already got a surgically repaired eye and may have suffered some other facial damage last night

No, they probably didn't expect a beatdown like this but they knew it's a risky fight against someone they don't control so they kept it in-house until they could.
Spence was pretty explicit with what the PBC strategy for welter was. They iced Bud out and it's zero evidence they ever even tried to recruit him away from TR anyway. People keep talking about Bud resigning with TR as if there were public speculation about PBC offers. Bud options could have been TR vs Dazn or some shyt realistically

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
And what did we say. It was gonna be the shots that Errol DOESN'T see that are gonna hurt him. That's what makes bud such a a dangerous puncher.

"He was catching me in between shots"- Errol Spence.

that uppercut counter was so fast i didnt see it in real time. i was like why is errol fallin after he just landed a punch :ohhh:

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing ESJ did was wrong last night

He wasn't different
He fought like he always does

He normally walk thru the punches but couldn't get past Bud's 🤷🏽‍♂️

Bud proved he was better. A rematch would be the same. Spence should be done at 147 if he ever boxes again

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Spence was pretty explicit with what the PBC strategy for welter was. They iced Bud out and it's zero evidence they ever even tried to recruit him away from TR anyway. People keep talking about Bud resigning with TR as if there were public speculation about PBC offers. Bud options could have been TR vs Dazn or some shyt realistically
Not sure, they'd probably left this fight for "last" even if Bud's with PBC, only difference that it would made is that we might have seen Bud with one or two more of the PBC roster.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Mike Tyson told Spence the same thing in their interview
I don't get it though cause I think Spence did exactly what he usually does. That is pressing the action, even if he's not as reckless with it as say a Maidana or Porter. He did what he usually does last night, it's just Bud is better and had the prefect antidote. It's not like he went in there with the same approach he fought Mikey Garcia

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
They coulda fight in Calgary in Stu Hart’s dungeon and it wouldn’t have made a difference. I forgot who it was; maybe it was @((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL @Black_Jesus @CountryBalla @desjardins who alluded to Crawford’s wrestling background and how he comfy getting spicy if Spence wanted a phone booth fight and I’ll admit i blew that shyt off as dikkriding because I never really saw that outta Crawford but I got hip to it last night. Low key earlier last week I rewatched Spence vs Brook and Ugas and quiet as kept, they was pushing Spence back with ease and I was :patrice:
Yeah I never bought the theories about how Spence's physicality and inside fighting will make the difference. Bud's been physical and fought on the inside well beforehand. Against Porter and Horn.
Obviously a Horn is technically not the same challenge as a Spence but that dude was roughing ppl up, lacking fine skills that was what he relied on, nobody can say he isn't physically strong but Bud manhandled him most of the fight. And he fought Porter at close quarters for stretches without getting in trouble.

I also never bought that the size difference would matter. The size difference wasn't that apparent, it was barely noticeable and Bud's got the longer reach

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Terrible post, if spence isn't good this win isn't good on crawfords resume. Crawford just was the better fighter last night nothing else to it. Y'all gotta stop this man stan shyt it looks stupid when you discussing legacies at end of careers.
They just don't get it..diminishing Spence diminishes Crawford and means Floyd got his ass whooped in sparring by a scrub. Crazy.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Spence is still a good boxer.

A good boxer knows how to work behind the jab or whatever your main weapon/technique is, which is what Errol does.
When that jab is working dude can absolutely go to work and put on a boxing clinic.

A great boxer though can make the adjustments when their jab (or whatever their main weapon is) is taken away. The best boxers are multi-layered.