7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Baton Rouge, LA
Thank you

All these comments I'm seeing.. "This is the best Terence Crawford I've ever seen tonight"

Nah that is what you call half back-tracking. Just say you were never paying attention to his greatness, didn't realize he made great fighters look ordinary, and now you got egg on your face
Cap, I've been following Bud since 135, name a performance he's had that was better than what he did last night. He's never looked bad in any fight, but this was another level to his greatness.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
I was at the fight the energy was electric. I think literally from the opening bell I was anxious and my leg was shaking. My girl said my heart was beating fast.

I ran into Ryan Clark, Fred Taylor and Channing right before I went into the arena. I asked to take a picture. They was leaving but they said come on. Fred Taylor kinda clowned me said I look like a smaller Rasheed Wallace and asked can I play ball lol. But they was cool Channing was super nice. Big ups to them dudes.

There was a white dude sitting next to me who was from Omaha. He flew there by himself for the fight. From the jump I thought Errol would get caught eventually by lunging in. But by the 2nd round it was clear, Spence punches wasn't even affecting Crawford. And Spence had no other game plan. It was gonna be bad since Bud is sharper puncher and quicker reactive fighter.

I like Spence and I think they should have stopped it earlier he took unnecessary punishment. The only issue I had when people talked resume was Bud fought more varied style fighters then Spence. He fought smaller, faster, bigger fighters and been in some spots where he had to adjust in fight. You can't coach that. That was the reason a lot of people believed Crawford was the best he had seen everything.

Whereas Spence fought good names but Bud would have beat them same dudes if given the chance. Errol had never fought a mover who can punch precise in the same person. Keith Thurman would have been that but the fight never happened. It would have prepared for him that and awkward punching angles.

A man who belts in 3 different division moving up was disrespected like he ain't beat more champions and undefeated fighters then Spence who has been in one division his whole career.

It's time for Spence to move up but we don't need to see this fight again. I understand if Spence want the payday but the aggressive style he has he needs more head movement and not the high guard cause quicker fighters with snap will time it and counter.

All in all, I think the crash, earlier lifestyle and all that caught him with him. Dealing with a dude who eat sleep and breathe boxing. Congratulations to both men for making this fight.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Thurman?!!!!

Son it’s to early on a Sunday to be this high.

Man wrf am reading this mothafukka. Thurman is fukking trash. That nikka is one level above fukking Berto.

fukking Callazo>>>> buck ass Thurman

giphy.gif

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As iconic as the performance was for bud. I'll never forget the image of Spence pushing forward while his whole face looked like one of them killer clowns from outer space. I already has the utmost respect for Spence but this made me respect him even more. Dudes heart can never be questioned. Most guys woulda folded after 3 rounds. Spence had nothing left and he was just going off pure courage at that point.

He earned that payday 🫡

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yup.. i don't understand why anyone is hating on Spence. (regardless of who you picked to win) He did NOT want to lose that fight, and he was NOT switching up his style or backing up for anyone. Kept coming forward and went out on his shield.

If you're a real boxing fan you can only respect that.
Spence is the type who is willing to die in the ring.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Thank you

All these comments I'm seeing.. "This is the best Terence Crawford I've ever seen tonight"

Nah that is what you call half back-tracking. Just say you were never paying attention to his greatness, didn't realize he made great fighters look ordinary, and now you got egg on your face
after spending the last 5 years discrediting and disrespecting every little thing about a fighter, the whole time greatness was staring you in the face. tsk tsk such ingratitude.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
on the real bruhs, we ALL need to give ourselves props personally for how much we gassed this fight up in the lead up to it.

I say that because I KNOW yall pressed folks who aren’t boxing heads to make sure they watch it cause I know i damn sure did and they watched it.

Last night and this year in boxing showed what we always say; make the fights and we’ll support it. Plant, Ryan Garcia, Fulton, and Spence didn’t lose an ounce of respect for taking L’s this year

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
And this is exactly why I & @LauderdaleBoss said years ago Thurman would either KO him or give him MAJOR problems. Even currently I said the same & the Spence brigade & others brushed it off lol
I was saying it too that Thurman's style would give Spence alot of problems. And what we saw last night just reaffirms that belief, because Bud and Keith have some similarities stylistically. It's funny because Errol was so adamant about not fighting Keith, yet fighting him would have actually prepared him better for Bud :manny:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Spence was shocked after the first knockdown but his confidence was still there for a few rounds. Didn't take long though for him to realize that he didn't have enough for Crawford. No excuses because even without the retina shyt and the two car crashes Crawford is a clear step above Spence and his hand speed and power is on another level then what Spence has ever been in the ring with. I actually favored Spence to win but I have no problem saying I was completely wrong and no matter the weight the only reason for a rematch would be for the money.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This and the Inoue fight from earlier should really start to open up people's eyes more: height don't mean as much as people think when it comes to boxing.

Being tall has it's advantages, but being short has game-changing advantages as well: quickness, speed, movement, etc.

Whether you're short or tall though who ever wins is the person who can execute their game plan on fight night.

Who can take away what the other fighter does well?
Who can adapt once their weapons are taken away?
Who can make the other fight their fight?
Who can be what they need to be, when they need to be it in during those 36 minutes?
etc.

That's who wins the fight.

Yes, Fury is skilled but people thinking he's going to beat Usyk because he's tall with boxing skills really don't know how boxing works.

Heights don't win boxing matches, boxers win boxing matches. This ain't short gang talking either.

Last edited: