7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Errol getting up after dem knockdowns

james-brown.gif

:russ:

it was getting uncomfortable seeing how bad Spence was being beat from pillar to post.
Really had him looking ragged and discombobulated
Dude had the will beat out of him by the 5th round, Bud barely had to download

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
that was the funny part about the "but Bud got rocked" narrative. Any time that happened he gathered himself and destroyed the other fighter.

Bud recovery and resilience wasn't even required tonight as Spence never even buzzed him. These dude dissed gamboa, postol, mean machine when those were harder fights than Spence was. Style makes fights :yeshrug:
yeah i never got that narrative either. bud gets hit with single shots. then he adjusts. you won't see him get hit with the same shot again. how can an accumulation puncher beat a fighter who will not let himself get hit by the same shot twice.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Spence handlers really did their best to protect him. Matchmaking and building up a fighter is so important in boxing, PBC/Spence team did a good job managing his career and deading any possibility of a Crawford fight as long as possible
They all knew what we knew.. They knew what would happen if Spence, Thurman, Danny, or Porter got in the ring with Bud so they tried to freeze him out.. The easy route really was the easy route for Spence.. If you wasn't busy being a shill for anything Haymon or PBC you coulda seen this years ago

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They all knew what we knew.. They knew what would happen if Spence, Thurman, Danny, or Porter got in the ring with Bud so they tried to freeze him out.. The easy route really was the easy route for Spence.. If you wasn't busy being a shill for anything Haymon or PBC you coulda seen this years ago
we tried tellin them nuggas :ahh: :ahh: :lolbron:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Too many excuses for Errol. He lost fair and square, had plenty of time to prepare for this.

Hate to say it, but I honestly dont see no more than 5 fights left in him.

He's 33 and already inactive fighting once a year. I look at it like this, Spence been fighting as a adolescent, went to the Olympics, won titles, and made 20 million tonight, what more else is there to do?

Most boxers don't accomplish this. I don't know what he does after this fight though.

He honestly SHOULD retire. He made generational wealth alone tonight, and Al is supposed to be amazing at setting these guys up post boxing. If he goes to 154, fight for a vacant strap or a few soft touches, and retire.

Daps
I don't think Spence ever recovered from the knockdown in the second., but either way, this was so one sided, Spence had zero moment in the fight. Disappointed that it wasn't very competitive.

Spence will lose a wide decision at 154, probably will look like the Spence-Mikey Garcia fight.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Out of curiosity I looked up Boots Ennis and who he fought. Who has he beat for ppl to think he's ready for Bud:what:
Nothing, he just fights for PBC. Boots is not ready yet, he needs to show he can deal with foot movement and Crawford power is real and Boots would get touched alot

yeah i never got that narrative either. bud gets hit with single shots. then he adjusts. you won't see him get hit with the same shot again. how can an accumulation puncher beat a fighter who will not let himself get hit by the same shot twice.
contrast that with how Spence repeatedly got hit with the straight left tonight. It's like he couldn't adjust at all, a lot of people alluded to it but it seemed like Spence is a one trick pony. That one trick is good but once the jab and pressure didn't work he had no Plan B