7/29/2023 Showtime PPV presents The King of Fighters: Errol 'The Truth' Spence Jr vs Terence 'Bud' Crawford(WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/Ring/Lineal 147 titles)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Another thing, I didn’t like the talk from James which was shyt like, “Oh, Porter was a shell of himself when he fought Bud.” It rung like someone that really didn’t understand the difficulty of the task at hand. It’s like Team Spence collectively underrated dude via some psychological barrier to really grasp the enormity of the situation.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Did he really give him back his belts? Idk if it works like that, but if so that's very kind of Bud.

I don't even think Bud will take that Million they bet on the fight.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Add Spence to the resume with Ricky Burns, Postol, Indongo, and Mean Machine :umad:
These nikkas eye test is horrible :mjlol:
They really gassed beating up jr welters like Mikey and Peterson and going life and death with Porter
Bomac out gameplan'd the hell out of the "trainer of the year". nikkas had no answer when the jab got taken away :snoop:

Daps
He looked magnetic during the ring walk. Chose a song that is scientifically designed to motivate to reach for greatness and talk leading up to the fight showed who was the more cerebral man, just as was shown in the ring by the more cerebral fighter

But aside from that Spence was staggered by the knockdown in the second round, which was really more of him beinh out of position but he wasn’t the same after that. He looked like a shade of himself equivalent to Muhammad Ali at the end of his career, obviously not to such an extent
Was it Oscar that said Spence is just too 1 dimensional to beat Crawford? That turned out to be true

I thought about this too while watching tonight. I watched the Ali Larry Holmes fight some years back and that was some of the saddest ish I ever seen in my life.

:to: to this day i wonder why the GOAT wouldn't just retire. Even Holmes was in tears at the end of the fight cause he hated to see Ali like that.

If I remember correctly, Ali took it personal tho. Didn't he tell Tyson before his match with Holmes to "beat the eff out of him for me"? :pachaha:

But Spence performance wasn't as bad as Ali (if memory serves me correctly, Ali was barely able to put up his gloves throughout the majority of the fight), but like you said it was shades of Ali because it was the beating that most people could point to and say thats why Ali was in bad health later in life. That fight and the fight against Trevor Berbick.

I hope Spence is okay. His corner should have stopped the fight way before the ref did. In round 4, you could see there was no way he was gonna win. I get that these brothas are proud and want to go out on their shields, but all the pride in the world won't make you happy when you're suffering from tremors (or worse) in your middle age.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Skill-wise and physically Crawford has always been above Spence, but it looked like Spence could have had a free shot on Crawford's chin and he wouldn't have done anything. That's what I don't get.

Didnt have to leave first gear physically or mentally. Straight little bro'd him.
He was bot not landing anything clean on crawford. Crawford was seeing all that shyt. His footwork was amazing.At 35, he looked like Mayweather in his 20s mixed with defensive Money Mayweather.

Bud was the only boxer that said he would go and fight in the octagon for the right oroce and seemed excited about it. He's built different

Road20

All Star
Daps
Reppin
the Yay 510
I did not expect what I saw. I had a feeling Bud would win but not like this. Bud got that sudden "WTF" power. Smart to start off at Southpaw and jab with the jabber. I mean who the fukk lands 40+ % of their jabs. He just put himself in the rare air with the all timers.
Shout out to Spence though. Boxing is a cruel sport one day you're dominant, and the the next someone makes you look like you don't belong. He went out on his shield like a true competitor. I hope he can come back better at 154 or 160. I think the weight finally caught up to him

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Another thing, I didn’t like the talk from James which was shyt like, “Oh, Porter was a shell of himself when he fought Bud.” It rung like someone that really didn’t understand the difficulty of the task at hand. It’s like Team Spence collectively underrated dude via some psychological barrier to really grasp the enormity of the situation.
You gotta understand Derrick James ALWAYS knew this day was coming.. thats why he's never wanted this fight.. For the past 5 years he's done nothing but belittle Crawford and belittle the fight itself anytime Crawfords name was brought up

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Add Spence to the resume with Ricky Burns, Postol, Indongo, and Mean Machine :umad:
These nikkas eye test is horrible :mjlol:
They really gassed beating up jr welters like Mikey and Peterson and going life and death with Porter
Bomac out gameplan'd the hell out of the "trainer of the year". nikkas had no answer when the jab got taken away :snoop:

Yeah people said beating Burns wasn’t shyt. Said same thing about every opponent after. Where most people messed up was by putting so much stock in Gamboa fight. Gamboa is a better boxer than Spence and at 135 was probably faster than Bud. If think think Bud was trash because he got popped by a fast guy at 135 with accomplished pedigree and power then you don’t know shyt. Bud IMMEDIATELY adjusted and went to his ass. Bud has that mean streak like Mosley used to but better technically and at making adjustments.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did not expect what I saw. I had a feeling Bud would win but not like this. Bud got that sudden "WTF" power. Smart to start off at Southpaw and jab with the jabber. I mean who the fukk lands 40+ % of their jabs. He just put himself in the rare air with the all timers.
Shout out to Spence though. Boxing is a cruel sport one day you're dominant, and the the next someone makes you look like you don't belong. He went out on his shield like a true competitor. I hope he can come back better at 154 or 160. I think the weight finally caught up to him

You not ktfo 10 mf’s in a row by accident at this level.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Did he really give him back his belts? Idk if it works like that, but if so that's very kind of Bud.

I don't even think Bud will take that Million they bet on the fight.

They don't just have one belt that they pass around to every single champion. It's ceremonial. When you win belts, the organizations mail them to you so they're yours for life but after each fight you exchange belts for the moment just for TV. Crawford was simply giving Spence back his belts but all of the organizations will mail him his belts.

img25348529.jpg

When Haney eventually vacates these belts when he moves to 140, they aren't just going to take these belts away from him