7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So why did the Nets let Spencer Dinwiddie go? All because he was injured?

don’t think they were willing to match/pay him the money he wanted…plus he wanted a starting role…ironically he’s coming off the bench with the mavs where he’s best-suited as a 6th man imo

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Looking at these playoffs and it’s obvious how far away the Nets are. They need 2 wings and a stretch big that can guard the rim (Turner/Bamba) . I’m counting Simmons as one wing but they need another.

I don’t know about the stretch big thing, neither Dallas nor GS have two way bigs, but the #1 priority should be securing an athletic 3+D wing. Even if it means trading one of the guards.

Ben solves a lot of issues so hopefully it works out. A healthy roster isn’t far away at all

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know about the stretch big thing, neither Dallas nor GS have two way bigs, but the #1 priority should be securing an athletic 3+D wing. Even if it means trading one of the guards.

Ben solves a lot of issues so hopefully it works out. A healthy roster isn’t far away at all
it’s gonna depend on how they want to play. Looking like they will bring Claxton back so it’s gonna have to be a lot of off ball cutting and screening to get open looks it’s Ben/Kyrie/Joe/KD/Clax as the 5

But you know 7/11 like to isolate(as they should given they are two of the very best ever at it). So that’s where having a stretch big that can pull a defender away from the paint would come in, or even another 4 like a PJ Washington that can get some minutes at the 5.

Kleber has been a godsend for Dallas in these playoffs, if you look at all these teams when they’re healthy they only play maybe 1 or 2 guys that you don’t have to guard from 3.

Thats why I think BKN will only bring one of Bruce and Clax back. Bruce was great, but Boston basically chose not to guard him and if they’re committed to Ben, he will eat into Bruce’s role and I’m not sure if they can share the floor. Clax may not be able to either but he’s got a premium skill

You’re right though in that BKN isn’t far away at all, just need more luck on their side

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
it’s gonna depend on how they want to play. Looking like they will bring Claxton back so it’s gonna have to be a lot of off ball cutting and screening to get open looks it’s Ben/Kyrie/Joe/KD/Clax as the 5

But you know 7/11 like to isolate(as they should given they are two of the very best ever at it). So that’s where having a stretch big that can pull a defender away from the paint would come in, or even another 4 like a PJ Washington that can get some minutes at the 5.

Kleber has been a godsend for Dallas in these playoffs, if you look at all these teams when they’re healthy they only play maybe 1 or 2 guys that you don’t have to guard from 3.

Thats why I think BKN will only bring one of Bruce and Clax back. Bruce was great, but Boston basically chose not to guard him and if they’re committed to Ben, he will eat into Bruce’s role and I’m not sure if they can share the floor. Clax may not be able to either but he’s got a premium skill

You’re right though in that BKN isn’t far away at all, just need more luck on their side
Yea for sure we could use a stretch big, especially with our non-shooters on the wing. I was just saying a stretch big who can also protect the rim is extremely hard to find so I wouldn’t call it a “need”.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea for sure we could use a stretch big, especially with our non-shooters on the wing. I was just saying a stretch big who can also protect the rim is extremely hard to find so I wouldn’t call it a “need”.
You’re right on that too, truth be told they don’t really exist unless they’re superstar type players like Embiid lol.