7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Can someone tell me what the Nets record was last year before they traded for Harden? Because let's remember, this was a number 2 seed last year. Went 7 games with the Bucks. I don't think Harden or Simmons would have made a difference. Harden is a liability on the defense end, and lacks explosiveness on offense. Yes his passing and playmaking would have helped a little. Simmons- can't shoot and lack of agressiveness would have hurt the Nets. It's going to take more than 1 season to build this team around Durant and Kyrie if he comes back. This free agency class isn't great.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Look, I said they gave up their p*ssy for Harden. Even if they didn't trade for Ben which was just tryna salvage a bad situation, it's still a bad situation.

They're gonna have to hit up the ring chasing bin real hard. LMA can't come back. Blake shouldn't either as well as Drummond. I have a bad feeling y'all are gonna pursue Montrezl Harrell to go with Claxton and Sharpe.

Bruce Brown earned his keep. He's gonna get paid starter money from someone, so y'all may need Harris or Curry off the bench. I'd say Curry

Claxton /Sharpe /Koloko
Durant /Harrell
Harris /Edwards /Duke
Brown /Curry /Thomas
Irving /Mills

all y'all got is the 23rd pick + a future Philly pick. Worst case scenario: draft Koloko or Baldwin. See about Tristan Thompson. See about Robin Lopez, Rondo even. If Montero or Hardy slip to 23, consider them too.

Nets need depth in the worst way. Playable depth.

I hate Tristan Thompson. He's beyond washed. I need him off my team ASAP.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

This is the problem right fukking here

You shouldn't be managing shyt.

All you should be doing is playing fukking basketball, and no numbskulls that's not a "shut up and dribble" because you can absolutely have social issues that you're passionate about and speak on them... THAT IS NOT THE fukk WHAT HAPPENED THIS SEASON AND ANYONE WITH A BRAIN CAN SEE IT

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The Nets are fukked..

They gave the keys to a guy that isn’t equipped to lead a franchise.

They are fukked..

:wow:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
* I find it funny how people are bringing up J.Harris being injured as if he didn't wet the bed against Milwaukee last postseason.

* Kyrie playing a full season would've been good for Brooklyn's record/seeding but not necessarily his body.....The more games Kyrie plays the greater chance he gets injured and misses part of the playoffs.

* After the game, KD said he still believes in S.Nash as the HC. So Nash will likely be back next season.

If Ben Simmons is healthy (mentally) there's no reason why the Nets can't make the finals next season and win a championship...However, if they have another disappointing season I would trade all 3 players (KD, Kyrie and Simmons)...stockpile some young players/draft picks, and clear cap space.

Last edited:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
This season's failure doesn't fall squarely on Kyrie.

1) The city mandate/Kyrie's availability
2) Joe Harris' injury
3) Harden coming into the season out of shape & quitting
4) Nash's not playing the big
5) The Simmons fiasco.

Add KD's injury too.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I have a lot to say as I just was able to post again recently, but I'll add this quickly.

The way Sean Marks has thrown Ben Simmons under the bus is reprehensible. He was never cleared to play by the Nets medical staff. Who insisted that he needed to be ramped up for the past two months? They did. Blaming him instead of owning that the roster as constructed didn't do their job is low and shows who he is. Simmons is the last reason that their season ended prematurely. After what happened in Philly with Embiid and Rivers shytting on him, why are you doing the same?