66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not Sony but still foul. If you bought Assassins Creed Liberation on Steam in September it’s a wrap for your ability to play the game at all.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
No word on if they'll be refunded but movies they purchased digitally will be removed from the service leaving customers that bought them unable to access them.

Not Sony but still foul. If you bought Assassins Creed Liberation on Steam in September it’s a wrap for your ability to play the game at all.

Gamers are dumb as shyt 101:mjlol:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Best Buy got physical Vanguard on sale for $20. The digital version of the exact same game is still $60. As much as I'd like to play it, I'm waiting until the digital has a price drop because that's how much against physical media I am at this point. I'm 31, grew up on physical media, and refuse to be one of these clowns tryna hold on to the old ways cuz of the boogeyman snatching ownership rights.

The hassle of keeping up with all them discs aint worth it. I can live with the possibility of my rights to a game being revoked years and years after the last time i even played the shyt anyway :manny: ol' issa collector's item ass nikkas

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Best Buy got physical Vanguard on sale for $20. The digital version of the exact same game is still $60. As much as I'd like to play it, I'm waiting until the digital has a price drop because that's how much against physical media I am at this point. I'm 31, grew up on physical media, and refuse to be one of these clowns tryna hold on to the old ways cuz of the boogeyman snatching ownership rights.

The hassle of keeping up with all them discs aint worth it. I can live with the possibility of my rights to a game being revoked years and years after the last time i even played the shyt anyway :manny: ol' issa collector's item ass nikkas
Breh said the boogeyman but also is still waiting till MW comes out before he gets $20 off the game :dead:

Meanwhile you got have copped a used copy, a month after, for the same price you gonna get when they drop it down to $49.99 on digital and it's $10 physical

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah not gonna lie iI am a fan of Digital, quicker and little fear of scratches or breaks.
The heartbreak I had when a tiny scratch on my NFL 2k5 basically totaled the disc smh....tragic.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Is it fake news when the source Steam said it wouldn't be accessible?
Ubisoft is having Steam fix their wording.
People will have access to content they purchased.

This isn’t fuel for your anti digital agenda

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People will have access to content they purchased.

This isn’t fuel for your anti digital agenda
There is no anti-digital agenda from me. I love digital media from trustworthy sources. I buy all my books digital from Amazon for example. I only use Spotify and YouTube Music to listen to music. Audible for audiobooks.

Due to the nature of video games on consoles the companies that sell them are not worthy of consumer trust to be good stewards of maintaining access to items they took money from people to allow them digital access to. Those companies only concern is the short term monetization of what they sell. Long term when it becomes inconvenient for them to maintain customer access they will shut that off.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There is no anti-digital agenda from me. I love digital media from trustworthy sources. I buy all my books digital from Amazon for example. I only use Spotify and YouTube Music to listen to music. Audible for audiobooks.

Due to the nature of video games on consoles the companies that sell them are not worthy of consumer trust to be good stewards of maintaining access to items they took money from people to allow them digital access to. Those companies only concern is the short term monetization of what they sell. Long term when it becomes inconvenient for them to maintain customer access they will shut that off.
No online game will last forever. Don’t matter if you buy it physical or digital.

It’s not even reasonable to expect them to keep servers open perpetually unless there’s a monthly fee or heavy monetization associated with the game.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Gamers are dumb as shyt 101:mjlol:

This sequence :dead: