66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Are the full games even on the disc anymore? Cause if I got to buy the physical and still have to plugin online to even be able to play the game then its no different than having a digital copy to me.
You know wassup, but clown ass old Larry nikkas think we the dumb ones. As if that disc finna work without internet :mjlol: oh y'all think if they start snatching chains they'll let you wear yours cuz you got the disc?? :mjlol::mjlol:can't tell mfs shyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No online game will last forever. Don’t matter if you buy it physical or digital.

It’s not even reasonable to expect them to keep servers open perpetually unless there’s a monthly fee or heavy monetization associated with the game.
Ok you tell me when we're in the all digital future and you can't buy physical games you have a system like the 3DS today and Nintendo shuts down your ability to buy games online for it. There aren't physical games anymore so as a consumer you're locked out of the platform entirely. You can't retro game on an all digital platform that the gatekeepers locked the gate to.

I don't think I ever have to worry about Amazon saying all the books you bought before a certain date or all the books made available before a certain date were shutting off access to them.

Even with music the physical media still exist and it gets ripped and put online.

Video game companies have short term business models on locked down proprietary boxes. That's not even getting to the rats nest of license agreements. When console gaming goes digital only classic games people play and love today in a decade and a half may be completely unavailable to new players because a license expired or some bs and access to it is denied with no available alternative.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
There is no anti-digital agenda from me. I love digital media from trustworthy sources. I buy all my books digital from Amazon for example. I only use Spotify and YouTube Music to listen to music. Audible for audiobooks.

Due to the nature of video games on consoles the companies that sell them are not worthy of consumer trust to be good stewards of maintaining access to items they took money from people to allow them digital access to. Those companies only concern is the short term monetization of what they sell. Long term when it becomes inconvenient for them to maintain customer access they will shut that off.

I agree that all are not worthy of it but there are varying degrees of it as well.

Nintendo will try to sell you the same damn game over and over

over before they give you backward compatible access to consoles that predate the Switch.

Sony isn't much better with their stance. Microsoft, through Gamepass needs to have the games available in some capacity to have content for it.

My level of trust comes directly from their business practices, pursuits and prior history.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ok you tell me when we're in the all digital future and you can't buy physical games you have a system like the 3DS today and Nintendo shuts down your ability to buy games online for it. There aren't physical games anymore so as a consumer you're locked out of the platform entirely. You can't retro game on an all digital platform that the gatekeepers locked the gate to.

I don't think I ever have to worry about Amazon saying all the books you bought before a certain date or all the books made available before a certain date were shutting off access to them.

Even with music the physical media still exist and it gets ripped and put online.

Video game companies have short term business models on locked down proprietary boxes. That's not even getting to the rats nest of license agreements. When console gaming goes digital only classic games people play and love today in a decade and a half may be completely unavailable to new players because a license expired or some bs and access to it is denied with no available alternative.
nintendo policies suck. I wouldn’t recommend buying much of anything from them.

Your steam, xbox, playstation games will be just fine

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I agree that all are not worthy of it but there are varying degrees of it as well.

over before they give you backward compatible access to consoles that predate the Switch.

Sony isn't much better with their stance. Microsoft, through Gamepass needs to have the games available in some capacity to have content for it.

My level of trust comes directly from their business practices, pursuits and prior history.
This is a fox guarding the henhouse problem. Nintendo is chomping at the bit to shut off all access to Wii games even to redownload. At the same time they'd love to sell you an "HD remaster" of a Wii game on the Switch that's full price again upon rerelease. These companies are in the business of profits not honoring their customers purchases long term. It's contrary to their business models to do so because a remake or a remaster can remonetize an old game while maintaining digital access to them eventually becomes a drain on them. Nintendo is clearly the worse offender but don't think for a moment Sony wouldn't love to wind down access to some of their older stuff outside their subscription service.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You know wassup, but clown ass old Larry nikkas think we the dumb ones. As if that disc finna work without internet :mjlol: oh y'all think if they start snatching chains they'll let you wear yours cuz you got the disc?? :mjlol::mjlol:can't tell mfs shyt
Are you dumb... What disc game requires you to use the internet? Besides an online only game..

Video game industry truly got y'all minds warped

the ONLY advantage is not breaking your disc... and walking 3 steps to the machine

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Are you dumb... What disc game requires you to use the internet? Besides an online only game..

Video game industry truly got y'all minds warped

the ONLY advantage is not breaking your disc... and walking 3 steps to the machine
Are you dumb, bytch nikka? :dahell: I'm saying if they take away the rights digitally the next time you go online watch it be an update to make it so the disc don't run either. Watch ya mouth n use your head lil man

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Caught me before my edit :pachaha:
Are you dumb, bytch nikka? :dahell: I'm saying if they take away the rights digitally the next time you go online watch it be an update to make it so the disc don't run either. Watch ya mouth n use your head lil man
They can't do that breh cause you can just delete the update and not update the game and it'll play.... What's wrong with y'all

You think they sending out blank discs? Turn off the internet and put a game in and see what happens.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Sony started BC on consoles so I can't agree with the they're not that much better statement

But after the crying over the PS3 price ansbthem putting the PS2 chips in the first PS3s, they removed it to lower costs. Now it's back again in the 5 but the damage was done.

Corps are always looking for ways to squeeze a dollar out of people and many are doing so today because the people allow it. Especially younger cats who've been indoctrinated and into convenience