66% of console owners prefer physical copies of (2021 update: Sony reports sales are 66% digital)

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I only have one PS4 disc because I found it real cheap

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
it makes no sense for digital copies to be the same price as the physical.
It does make sense. Because if digital was even $10 less than physical, then nobody would buy physical. Brick and mortar stores, who make way more money off software, would say "fukk y'all nikkas. You undercutting us, and we are here buying your products, while they collect dust." Even amazon sells physical. They'd just remove all video game shyt from their store as a protest and Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft would cave... They actually have been threatening them all this time and they been caving..

So the gaming companies don't want to get in a war with stores. Have them say "fukk a video game section" and now people can't buy systems, drop in and pick up a wire or controller real quick. No advertisement of video games even existing when you walk into a Walmart or mall or anywhere else.

So they keep the price the same, albeit with sales and discounts, so they play fair together.

That's the one thing stopping this shyt from being 100% to 0.. If tomorrow they said no more physical, but new games gonna be 39.99 from now on, nikkas would go absolutely fukking nuts. As a person who only buys digital if it's on sale or if I know I'll never sell the game............ I'd never pay full price ever again

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Until they allow digital trades I'm not phasing out physical
For me it's also gamefly. I'm not buying all these fukking games when I can't even test them out. Gamefly has saved me THOUSANDS in wasted money and time.

I have about 5-6 games I have... 2 of them being a constant buy, play, sell, play next year for Madden and 2k.. All the other 100s of games I've played, beaten and returned this gen... Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. A lot of these games are straight cookie cutter bullshyt that's only fun while you beat it once

NORFOLKSOWN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Va
There's a few digitaI a I have brought that just sit in the cloud collecting dust. it inCan't trade let someone borrow it or sale it. I should at least be able to gift it to some one if the play time is under a certain amount

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
There's a few digitaI a I have brought that just sit in the cloud collecting dust. it inCan't trade let someone borrow it or sale it. I should at least be able to gift it to some one if the play time is under a certain amount
play time shouldn't even matter... You should be able to transfer the license at least once.. We don't even need to get into selling it.. But why can't I send my gta 5 to my brother for free? Take it off my account and allow it on his.