6-Month-Old Shot Multiple Times In Chicago: Baby, Her Father Wounded In South Side

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
That child is still alive? :damn:

Damn straight nyuggah. Ole girl been listenin to real tracks. :birdman:

Dying? We off that :childplease:

Ole girl did die though... Just realized that after posting this :sadcam::sadbron::wow:

Last edited by a moderator:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Tommy Sotomayor weighs in on the recent Chicago shooting of baby and gang-affiliated dad in a Chicago neighborhood that was recently not-so-crime-ridden.
The baby did not make it. RIP Johnylah Watkins.
While the baby was being gestated, the mom carrying the baby was shot. That baby was dodging bullets before it came into the world. :(
6 Month Old Murdered By Thug (Shot 5 Times) While Father Changed Her Diaper! - YouTube

finally got to listen to this. dude says eveything that's on my mind...1000% truth. :wow:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
so the baby's funeral is today. I saw on the news this morning that the baby was only shot once. not multiple times and that pops wasn't changing her diaper at the time, but holding her in the car.

also they said the shooting was a gang hit on him.

then they said that the family is cooperating with the police, except that the dad refuses to give the police the code to his phone so they can check the history. (I figured they could do that via the phone company)

Personally, I feel that they all know who killed their daughter and they don't wanna work with the police still. Who the fukk doesn't want to assist the police in catching the people responsible for killing your baby girl right in front of you?????? :wtf:

I didn't know the "no snitching" rule applied to folks who murder your child. maybe I'm wrong, but if that happens, one would think that all bets were off :yeshrug:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
shyt like this annoys me because it makes it look like black people are powerless and cant control themselves

We love hearing stuff like this because it places the blame on white people...and not us.
But its all BS.

Chicago is one of the few cities w/ a half way decent public transportation system. Its not hard to get from one side to the other for work.
and then he brings up segregation...most black folks dont even try to live in other neighborhoods....I moved to the north side w/ no problem (even w/ bad credit) and know a lot of black folks that have...yall need to stop it w/ the "they wont let me" bullshyt.

All his reasons in that video are weak...but we continue to nod our head in a agreement because it makes us feel better...but it doesnt make us work harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Pastor: Slain Baby’s Dad Cooperating With Police ‘Fully And Completely’ « CBS Chicago

(CBS) – The father of a baby girl murdered this week by gunfire showed up at a Chicago police station Thursday night – a gesture to show the reputed gang member is cooperating with authorities.

Six-month-old Jonylah Watkins died after she was shot multiple times Monday afternoon in the 6500 block of South Maryland Avenue in the Woodlawn neighborhood as dad Jonathan Watkins was changing her diaper in a minivan.

A gunman opened fire on the vehicle, apparently intending to harm the girl’s father, Jonathan Watkins, who is reputed to a member of the Gangster Disciples. Watkins himself was shot and wounded.

The 28-year-old was released from the hospital Thursday night and limped into Area South Police Headquarters, 727 E. 111th St., around 9:30 p.m. accompanied by Pastor Corey Brooks, who has been acting as a family spokesman.

“They lost a daughter, and that’s what we want to keep the focus (on),” Brooks told reporters, who had other questions. “We want to keep the focus on making sure we catch the idiot, the jerk that shot their child.”

Watkins declined comment, but Brooks said Watkins doesn’t know who shot him and Jonylah.

“Every question that he’s been asked, he has answered fully and completely; to the point that I asked myself ‘Is he fully cooperating? And the answer is yes,’” Brooks said. “If he knew who shot his daughter, and who shot him, he would have given them that name immediately.”:duck:

Although police sources have said Jonathan Watkins was a gang member, Brooks said Watkins has not been in a gang since 2007.

On Friday, the pastor said Watkins also had a second meeting with authorities, this time with a Cook County prosecutor. He declined to go into specifics.

CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker asked about reports that Watkins would not give police the log-in code to his cell phone, which was at the shooting scene. Brooks said he relayed the code to police through Watkins.

Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy, in comments to WBBM Newsradio Friday evening, said there are “lots” of developments in the investigation.

Asked if the baby’s father has been cooperative, he said: “He’s given us some information, but there’s a chance he could give us more.”

McCarthy said the team of Area Central detectives spearheading the investigation is the same that led the investigation into the Jan. 29 murder of 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton. That investigation led to charges against two men, two weeks after it occurred.

An $11,000 reward is being offered for information that will result in the conviction of the shooter.

Jonylah’s funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Brooks’ church, New Beginnings Church, at 66th and King. The wake will be at 10 a.m.

Visitation will be Monday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., at Leak Funeral Home at 7838 South Cottage Grove.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
shyt like this annoys me because it makes it look like black people are powerless and cant control themselves

Tariq Nasheed: Why There Is So Much Violence In Chicago - YouTube

We love hearing stuff like this because it places the blame on white people...and not us.
But its all BS.

Chicago is one of the few cities w/ a half way decent public transportation system. Its not hard to get from one side to the other for work.
and then he brings up segregation...most black folks dont even try to live in other neighborhoods....I moved to the north side w/ no problem (even w/ bad credit) and know a lot of black folks that have...yall need to stop it w/ the "they wont let me" bullshyt.

All his reasons in that video are weak...but we continue to nod our head in a agreement because it makes us feel better...but it doesnt make us work harder.
Right people put way too much emphasis on getting to "the root" of the issues. "Now if you want to solve this problem we need to get to THE ROOT of whats going on". Ehhh....

Those racist white folks who set things up the way they are, are not gonna help us out. So now what...

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Chicago is a product of the single mother generation....

98% black on black crime and you still want to blame the white man?

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Right people put way too much emphasis on getting to "the root" of the issues. "Now if you want to solve this problem we need to get to THE ROOT of whats going on". Ehhh....

Those racist white folks who set things up the way they are, are not gonna help us out. So now what...
Exactly!!
Why do folks act like all of a sudden white folks are going to drop from airplanes w/ food rations & free homes? shyts been the same since forever...all that talking isnt going to do accomplish anything.

The interesting thing is cats like Tariq (Jesse Jackson etc...) found a way to make a good living...but still sell that "the white folks are against us" routine.
What they should be talking about is that work ethic those brothas have to get where they are at.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Exactly!!
Why do folks act like all of a sudden white folks are going to drop from airplanes w/ food rations & free homes? shyts been the same since forever...all that talking isnt going to do accomplish anything.

The interesting thing is cats like Tariq (Jesse Jackson etc...) found a way to make a good living...but still sell that "the white folks are against us" routine.
What they should be talking about is that work ethic those brothas have to get where they are at.

But if they do that and some of these n!ggas get their act together how will Trarig and Jesse jackson pay their bills?

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Exactly!!

My favorite dude to listen to on these matters is Curtis Sc00n. He's not even a "leader" just an ex-street dude with ties to entertainment with a twitter account.

https://twitter.com/CurtisSc00n

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Exactly!!

nah, they shouldn't even be talking anymore. Its time to start doing. I don't have a problem with what he said because its true but when are people going to start doing something to change the situation instead of just talking about it.