6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
I just had a talk with a nice woman who runs corporate Kaizen meetings. She was excited about it, but I was done in the first 10 minutes. :dead:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is it true or is or bullshyt? How do you get that?
Part of it is me. I still feel like part of it is my manager, he nitpicks a lot. So like writing documentation takes extra long as he has issues with certain words and phrases.

Coworkers not giving a shyt about what IT or security tells them is another problem. IT shouldn’t have taken a year to roll out MDM on the company laptops. But people put up a fight. At one point, my manager (the head of security) posted a ticket detailing over 10 separate times where he reached out to a single person to install the software.

If they aren’t going to respect the head of security, how do you think things are going to go for me?

The head of engineering who had our back left the company a while back. My old manager was an engineering director who according to my current manager is a bad manager.

Honestly, I feel like there isn’t enough communication about my projects. Rolling out Okta is one of my ongoing projects and I don’t understand why we didn’t have meetings to specifically go over it.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
if anyone is entry/mid level cybersecurity without work or simply trying to pivot into it with an established tech background, I can PM you some recruiters looking to place people.

someone like you needs to be all over this since your job sounds like hell @Sonny Bonds

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I just found out Friday the company is going to require all employees in the office 4 days a week with one day remote. :francis:

I have already been looking for a new job for a few months, but this news is going to make me aggressively search for a new job.
Soon as my job starts telling me we need to go back into the office is when I will start looking for another opportunity.

Part of it is me. I still feel like part of it is my manager, he nitpicks a lot. So like writing documentation takes extra long as he has issues with certain words and phrases.

Coworkers not giving a shyt about what IT or security tells them is another problem. IT shouldn’t have taken a year to roll out MDM on the company laptops. But people put up a fight. At one point, my manager (the head of security) posted a ticket detailing over 10 separate times where he reached out to a single person to install the software.

If they aren’t going to respect the head of security, how do you think things are going to go for me?

The head of engineering who had our back left the company a while back. My old manager was an engineering director who according to my current manager is a bad manager.

Honestly, I feel like there isn’t enough communication about my projects. Rolling out Okta is one of my ongoing projects and I don’t understand why we didn’t have meetings to specifically go over it.
Lack of communication is literally my biggest pet peeve at my job. I can't get any work done or completed without the communication of people in my team and other teams as well. It delays so many things when people don't respond back to emails or chat messages. :francis:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Feeling pretty comfortable at my job, but I don't trust company leadership to guide us through our first real challenging time in company history. Also annoyed with my org putting way too many resources in ML/AI when we have such a shyt data environment and need to flesh that out more... I guess it's time to start looking for new roles

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Feeling pretty comfortable at my job, but I don't trust company leadership to guide us through our first real challenging time in company history. Also annoyed with my org putting way too many resources in ML/AI when we have such a shyt data environment and need to flesh that out more... I guess it's time to start looking for new roles

Preach, breh, Preach! :ohlawd::blessed:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yesterday's interview was great and I want the job. They've already reached out about next steps.

I just had an interview for a different role. I'm between sessions. Next is with one of the execs and then the hiring manager afterwards.

It was a breh who just interviewed me. He was real with me at the end. They've had 4 rounds of layoffs since late 2021. But it's chill, remote, and not a lot of meetings.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Yesterday's interview was great and I want the job. They've already reached out about next steps.

I just had an interview for a different role. I'm between sessions. Next is with one of the execs and then the hiring manager afterwards.

It was a breh who just interviewed me. He was real with me at the end. They've had 4 rounds of layoffs since late 2021. But it's chill, remote, and not a lot of meetings.
Breh telling you to OE.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang

I hope you land a good one breh