Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
806370df236566347e85161b3dfe7b54c296be6b.jpg

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
At times, I feel like there’s a communications disconnect between me and my manager. A month ago, I brought up working remotely for the week of Dec. 18th. He brought up that the well of Christmas, the company is closed.

I went ahead with my plans of going down south to see family by purchasing plane And I don’t recall if he approved it or not.

Edit: Had a Slack huddle and he says I didn’t bring it up before. I checked out notes from old 1:1s and on the Nov. 7, there’s an action item for me to review the PTO & work from anywhere policy because I had told him my plan. But then he was like, “The company’s closed the following week” But I didn’t care because my fam is traveling that week.

He says he’d like me to be in office on Monday because there’s an all hands meeting to set up, but it’s alright if I can’t make it.

Last edited:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
At times, I feel like there’s a communications disconnect between me and my manager. A month ago, I brought up working remotely for the week of Dec. 18th. He brought up that the well of Christmas, the company is closed.

I went ahead with my plans of going down south to see family by purchasing plane And I don’t recall if he approved it or not.

Edit: Had a Slack huddle and he says I didn’t bring it up before. I checked out notes from old 1:1s and on the Nov. 7, there’s an action item for me to review the PTO & work from anywhere policy because I had told him my plan. But then he was like, “The company’s closed the following week” But I didn’t care because my fam is traveling that week.

He says he’d like me to be in office on Monday because there’s an all hands meeting to set up, but it’s alright if I can’t make it.
I dont know, your posts here come off as though your manager does not take you seriously and that you are constantly baited into reacting in an unprofessional manner. Maybe its just my paranoia but id think they are trying to get a paper trail on me so they can get me up outta there if I was in your shoes.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
anyone in here know how to break into project management jobs?

I currently work in marketing and looking to transition into something else

Is there a thread for this?

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have to add apps to Okta. I ask someone from finance to give me admin access to an app, explaining why I need it. An hour and a half later, “Isn’t it already in Okta?”

It isn’t. She then proceeded to do nothing because I still don’t have admin access.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The bridge has already been burned. Y'all seen me complaining for years about my company but I haven't been trying with any real urgency to get out. I been on the fence of being a lifer vs using it as a stepping stone. The fact that these people are in a fukk-the-employee modus operandi lets me know that they have no vision beyond thr next quarters financial call with shareholders. Our workforce already has a foot in the ground. They can't afford to lose them, other mid and high performers with domain knowledge, and replace us with Naps. But they're full steam ahead anyway :yeshrug: . They're willing to crash this plane straight into the ground rather than admitting being wrong.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The bridge has already been burned. Y'all seen me complaining for years about my company but I haven't been trying with any real urgency to get out. I been on the fence of being a lifer vs using it as a stepping stone. The fact that these people are in a fukk-the-employee modus operandi lets me know that they have no vision beyond thr next quarters financial call with shareholders. Our workforce already has a foot in the ground. They can't afford to lose them, other mid and high performers with domain knowledge, and replace us with Naps. But they're full steam ahead anyway :yeshrug: . They're willing to crash this plane straight into the ground rather than admitting being wrong.
It's not even about admitting they were wrong.

It's just what shareholders and the stock price movement, above all.

Remember the executives can be removed for the lack of stock price movement.