6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Don't know if I should start a thread but will ask here first.

Did you have to take a test pre-CAPM?

I was looking to take the PMP but see the requirements are Bachelor's degree (check) and 36 months PM work (unsure if I qualify as I have done implementation/onboarding for SaaS for 4 years, but never construction work).

But it looks like it oushes yet another cert before the CAPM
This has no value on the market. Even CAPM has quite a limited value from what I can gather.

You should qualify for PMP with your experience.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Don't know if I should start a thread but will ask here first.

Did you have to take a test pre-CAPM?

I was looking to take the PMP but see the requirements are Bachelor's degree (check) and 36 months PM work (unsure if I qualify as I have done implementation/onboarding for SaaS for 4 years, but never construction work).

But it looks like it oushes yet another cert before the CAPM
Nah no test I can remember. Just start with the CAPM. It's not too bad.

morris

Superstar
Daps
This has no value on the market. Even CAPM has quite a limited value from what I can gather.

Nah no test I can remember. Just start with the CAPM. It's not too bad.
I applied on PMI to see if I qualify.

Funny as they offer the xer but a simple Google search shows Cornell and a bunch of others offering a 3-monyh program ... for a fee

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Google search:
Company name + Crunchbase or Wikipedia
and Google your recruiter (if there is one)
I'm not that concerned about it. I know I can sell myself well enough to move to the next stage. Only hiccup is years of experience, they want more than I have. But they came to me so :manny:

morris

Superstar
Daps
I'm not that concerned about it. I know I can sell myself well enough to move to the next stage. Only hiccup is years of experience, they want more than I have. But they came to me so :manny:
Cool. I've been interviewing quite a bit the last year and a half and only 1, yes, 1 offer (low-ball) for CSM. Looking to pivot to PM, if possible

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Cool. I've been interviewing quite a bit the last year and a half and only 1, yes, 1 offer (low-ball) for CSM. Looking to pivot to PM, if possible
Screen went ok, I'm in the process now :ehh:. They're on a 3 day hybrid which is lame, but if they pay closer to the top of that range :manny:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I applied on PMI to see if I qualify.

Funny as they offer the xer but a simple Google search shows Cornell and a bunch of others offering a 3-monyh program ... for a fee
I’ve wanted to get this cert for a while, thinking about maybe doing it during my maternity leave to knock it out. I’m confident I meet the experience requirement just have to dig a bit on the training costs and exam. I’ll have four months. We gon see

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I’ve wanted to get this cert for a while, thinking about maybe doing it during my maternity leave to knock it out. I’m confident I meet the experience requirement just have to dig a bit on the training costs and exam. I’ll have four months. We gon see
this kid #1?

morris

Superstar
Daps
Congrats girl!!!

morris

Superstar
Daps

It appears I need CAPM or a course certified by PMI to even apply Maybe Coursera??

vvDPYSP.png

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Was chatting with a homegirl about one of her line sisters who went to school with us,

She runs through FAANGs and top companies (in a good way!) and just recently returned to Google. I go “Wow I know she gotta be clearing $300k minimum”

My friend corrects me “girl what? She’s at a million all inclusive, $600k base”

Jesus fukking Christ :damn::salute: