6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
My company is pushing everyone back into the office 3-5 days per week by Labor Day, changing people's designations from virtual to office, and basically doing a soft layoff where you either lie down or pound sand based on a few factors.
It will definitely be interesting to see how they enforce this one. Even VPs and shyt don't come in the full 3 days. Plus we are somewhat understaffed for such a huge corp

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
It will definitely be interesting to see how they enforce this one. Even VPs and shyt don't come in the full 3 days. Plus we are somewhat understaffed for such a huge corp
It's in full swing here. There's managers a couple levels above me that are getting left out in the cold. They'll be checking connection to the network and building access. Initially I thought we'd have much more attrition than management though but there seems to be some people who are willing to bend over backwards to fall in line.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Word on the street is my company is gonna try to drop the 4 days in office a week hammer after Labor Day. People don't even come in 3 days a week idk how they will make this one work.
:francis:

Google and Apple are also dropping the hammer on being in office 3x a week. My company tends follow what other big tech firms in the SF/SV region do so the hammer will be coming down on us soon, too.

I’m usually in the office 4-5x a week anyway because one of our offices is a 15 min bike ride from my house so not phased really.

But they deff will start monitoring badge sign ins.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think I’m getting fired tomorrow.

Edit: There’s a calendar event called System Revocation on HR Girl’s calendar. Usually these events would have a name attached to it, but this one doesn’t. And me and the security guy would be added to them to shutdown the person’s accounts. This time it’s just security guy.

Last edited:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

Edit: There’s a calendar event called System Revocation on HR Girl’s calendar. Usually these events would have a name attached to it, but this one doesn’t. And me and the security guy would be added to them to shutdown the person’s accounts. This time it’s just security guy.
Damn, good luck, hope you have something saved up.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I’m going to start looking during my maternity leave, my new boss is pretty bad and leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Also my workload is crazy with no end or relief in sight. I’m going to take the absolute max I can off using my granted leave and all my vacay/sick time, looking to be about 20 weeks atm.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Big interview today , I am nervous, can't sleep. The issue with my resume is I have a lot of shyt lol. That lives it wide open for question right. So sometimes I feel like I may get penalized...now if they keep it consistent with other candidates with less stuff, I will be fine. We will see lol.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

It was a product manager that got let go. I don’t know the details. I was mentally prepared for it too

Last edited:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Big interview today , I am nervous, can't sleep. The issue with my resume is I have a lot of shyt lol. That lives it wide open for question right. So sometimes I feel like I may get penalized...now if they keep it consistent with other candidates with less stuff, I will be fine. We will see lol.

This interview broke me lol. Zero questions about my resume, experience absolutely none...just obscure technical questions after obscure technical questions. I felt dumb.