6 Certs, 6 Series, 6 Pack, 6 Women. What's Really...

What's Stopping You?

• I'm too lazy.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I don't believe in myself.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • The man is holding black people back.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • nikka, shut your dumbass up.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I'm already there, and I'm still working.

Votes: 21 27.6%

• Total voters

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
6 certs/6 figures:
You don't need 6 certs/6 figures to be successful.:francis: What you do need is a good work ethic, which you will develop while trying to attain 6 certs. What the certs do is make you stand out from the pack, but you can do the same if you are confident, and actually know what you are doing/talking about. Once you are in, you have got to bust your ass to get ahead. I work in government, and went from 55k+ to 80K+ in 2 years.:jawalrus: I bust my ass, did everything I was expected to do, everything additional I was asked to do, and everything I was asked if I would be willing to do. I tried to utilize every skill I had, and people began to see all I could do. I'm not quite at 100k yet, but that is my choice. I like what I do and the flexibility within my job, and while some of my former managers who have moved on to greener pastures have offered me higher paying jobs, the trade off to me isn't that great.:manny: Most times being comfortable>>>more money. Making 6 figures isn't a bad goal, but it's not about how much you make....it's about how much you can keep. :usure:You would think the more you make, the more you keep, but that isn't always the case.

6 series:
:beli:......I'm a Benz guy sooooo.......:camby:

(Absolutely unnecessary...If you feel like a luxury car means you made it or doing good, your lost. I can assure there are people out here with 6 series living paycheck to paycheck.

6 Women:
:shaq2:.....Very few nikkas have 6 Women. They might have 6 thots, but 6 females who are about their shyt financially, respect themselves, carry themselves with class, and can completely take care of themselves = (WOMEN).....Naw, 98% of nikkas aint got 6 of those....sorry,:duck:

6 Pack:
:mjpls:.....The easiest, and the least important of the bunch. If you aint got one, that's on you.:ufdup:

With that being said, the premise of the thread is on point. How well you do in life is objective, but it will be based on how well you apply yourself. Either you take control, and make something happen, or you play the hand your dealt.

Yea money isn't everything, it is important and it helps a lot, but sometimes the better position is the one that pays the most. Too many people chase money only and end up working their life away trying to get it. You should figure out what YOU want and how much its going to take to get you there, but most importantly you should spend more time on doing what you like to do and not chasing certs or money

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Yea money isn't everything, it is important and it helps a lot, but sometimes the better position is the one that pays the most. Too many people chase money only and end up working their life away trying to get it. You should figure out what YOU want and how much its going to take to get you there, but most importantly you should spend more time on doing what you like to do and not chasing certs or money

:mjlol:

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
Cats be scared to take that leap away from family, friends and the city, state and region they've called "home" forever....I see it often

Gotta go where life and opportunities and the money takes you. Only have one life to live

I just turned 27 and in the last 18 months alone I've jumped from TX, to SC, now to NC and at the end of the year making the permanent (?) move back to Cali finally

Not to mention all the states and cities and even other countries I got to see when I was in the Military

You absolutely right tho OP. Ain't shyt stopping most people. They are just a combination of being insecure, scared, misinformed, entitled and lazy

Dope thread

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Only help desk jobs?

That's typically where someone with an A+ starts, helpdesk. Studying for the A+ gives you a more advanced beginner's idea of how things tie together. Work helpdesk for a year, start looking at bigger certs while you're doing it. Depending on what kind of help desk job you land and what you're interested in, you'll go deeper into info security, networking, or the infrastructure. Alternatively, you can go into software development, but certs don't mean much in software development, they care much more about how you think and troubleshoot problems. If you aren't good at thinking of solutions to issues, you will be after a year or two working helpdesk. It will become second nature to think of all the things that could have gone wrong, big and small, and have an easy/intermediate/expert level solution to them.

Troubleshooting. Knowledge of how everything fits together. Personable skills. Patience. Those are the skills that every great computer scientist has. Develop them and within 5 years you'll be looking at a good middle class salary.