6 Certs, 6 Series, 6 Pack, 6 Women. What's Really...

What's Stopping You?

• I'm too lazy.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I don't believe in myself.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • The man is holding black people back.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • nikka, shut your dumbass up.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I'm already there, and I'm still working.

Votes: 21 27.6%

• Total voters

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
So it doesn't seem like I'm only talking Tech, I got something for all my civic minded law school brehs, and my strong headed business school brehs as well. :myman:

Note: I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just saying...someone is doing it (to all the haters lurking the thread).

Cory Booker
12018183-large.jpg

Booker graduated from Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan and was named to the 1986 USA Today All-USA high school football team. Booker went on to Stanford University, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in political science in 1991 and aMaster of Arts in sociology the following year. While at Stanford, he played football,[8] and also made the All–Pacific Ten Academic team and was elected senior class president.[9][10] In addition, Booker ran The Bridge Peer Counseling Center, a student-run crisis hotline, and organized help from Stanford students for youth in East Palo Alto, California.[11]

After Stanford, Booker was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship to study at the University of Oxford, where he earned an honors degree in United States history in 1994 as a member of The Queen's College.[10] He earned his Juris Doctor in 1997 from Yale Law School, where he operated free legal clinics for low-income residents of New Haven, Connecticut. At Yale, Booker was a founding member of the Chai Society (now the Eliezer Society),[12] a Big Brother with Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, and was active in the National Black Law Students Association.

Frank Quattrone (without a doubt the best tech focused investment banker out there)
17987_quattrone.jpg

American technology-focused investment banker who started technology sector franchises at Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, and Credit Suisse First Boston. He helped bring dozens of technology companies public during the 1990s tech boom, including Netscape, Cisco, and Amazon.com.

Stanley O'Neal

American business executive who was formerly Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc., having served in numerous senior management positions at the company prior to this appointment.

Eat brehs. :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great thread op, but many people look at the lack of success in others and mistake reasons for excuses. Many times it is just not possible for people to make the necessary steps for changing their lives. Whether from mental illness, low cognitive abilities, low frustration tolerance, to the cumulative effects of their lives and experiences. You and a select few have done exceptional things, making you exceptional. The average person is not exceptional, thus they will only achieve the average. It takes a great combination of skills, characteristics, luck, grit, support and many other factors to achieve in this world.....things that many people do not have. And before you think I am in the group of slackers- 1 Ph.D, 1 Lexus (second coming soon), 1 dime wife, and great body.

Daps
You talk about a 6 series then post a link to a video about an M4?

nikka you acting like an M6 doesn't exist? Hold this 1 star/neg combo

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Great thread op, but many people look at the lack of success in others and mistake reasons for excuses. Many times it is just not possible for people to make the necessary steps for changing their lives. Whether from mental illness, low cognitive abilities, low frustration tolerance, to the cumulative effects of their lives and experiences. You and a select few have done exceptional things, making you exceptional. The average person is not exceptional, thus they will only achieve the average. It takes a great combination of skills, characteristics, luck, grit, support and many other factors to achieve in this world.....things that many people do not have. And before you think I am in the group of slackers- 1 Ph.D, 1 Lexus (second coming soon), 1 dime wife, and great body.

Not exceptional yet. :whoa: Working on it daily.

It's about controlling emotion. Difficult as hell, but necessary for success. I agree, the average person is not exceptional.

This thread is for those who don't want average.

You talk about a 6 series then post a link to a video about an M4?

nikka you acting like an M6 doesn't exist? Hold this 1 star/neg combo

You missed the part where I stated my preference for the M4. Don't mind the C63 either. Then again, for 80k, some other options start to creep in (Rover, used Porsche, etc.). For 100k plus, I'm not even considering a BMW. Just me though. :takedat:

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
Real shyt..I can drink a 24oz all black dark roast,colombian or some shyt and take a nap afterwards....

However when i'm desperate to stay up them Starbucks with extra shots work..shyt is crack :wtf: They expensive so I rarely drink em...

A venti carmel machiatto was $9.50 with 8 shots total....shyt work tho :ahh:

FUCCIN :dead: at the bolded

8 shots of espresso breh?

:wtf:
:mindblown:I don't think I've ever had more than 4 MAYBE 5

:datazz:Time to hit Starbucks

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
FUCCIN :dead: at the bolded

8 shots of espresso breh?

:wtf:
:mindblown:I don't think I've ever had more than 4 MAYBE 5

:datazz:Time to hit Starbucks
Yea man that's iced though...never did the regular...:patrice:

shyt had me wired...stayed up from 930pm(TUESDAY) to like 11pm(WED) the next night :dead:

Had to take that college placement test so I drunk the starbucks like around 12noon on Wednesday after work :wtf:

In bootcamp we had to stay up for like 38 hours...pretty much once you get past a certain stage you just keep on pushing on and don't really feel the urge to sleep.

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
Yea man that's iced though...never did the regular...:patrice:

shyt had me wired...stayed up from 930pm(TUESDAY) to like 11pm(WED) the next night :dead:

Had to take that college placement test so I drunk the starbucks like around 12noon on Wednesday after work :wtf:

In bootcamp we had to stay up for like 38 hours...pretty much once you get past a certain stage you just keep on pushing on and don't really feel the urge to sleep.

Turned this hoe into a coffee appreciation thread

:wow:

I be fuccin with the iced shyts too breh

But still :wow:8 shots of espresso :wow:

You was in the Military breh? I know all about them sleepless nights :mjcry:

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
you legit make a thread weekly crying about being fat and not getting hoes

---what's stopping you from losing weight and getting women:skip:

i swear u dudes mane:wow:

Nothing, that's why I'm doing it. :myman:

Didn't say I couldn't get hoes, I said when I do, I'm too uncomfortable to work the situation like I should. :ufdup:

Which is probably worse than not getting them at all. :to:[/quote]

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Not everyone has the cognitive abilities, the family situation, or the background to get 6 certs. 5 percent of Americans make over 100k, of those maybe 1/5 of those are African American. So just from a pure numbers standpoint, everyone is not going to hit that plateau, but I'mma let you :cook:

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Not everyone has the cognitive abilities, the family situation, or the background to get 6 certs. 5 percent of Americans make over 100k, of those maybe 1/5 of those are African American. So just from a pure numbers standpoint, everyone is not going to hit that plateau, but I'mma let you :cook:

Never had a father, mom was in and out, on that shyt. :francis:

Please enlighten me on family situations and background though.

Your past is your past. Control the things you can, leave everything else alone.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Never had a father, mom was in and out, on that shyt. :francis:

Please enlighten me on family situations and background though.

Good for you homie, I did it too under similar circumstance but not every one has it like that. Instead of making everybody go your way, why not enlighten others to make the best of their situations, finish school etc. I knew some smart guys that had to leave school to take care of the fam, some went back, some didn't. Like other posters said not everyone is built to be programmers or be good with computers. Also too if a brother gets caught up in the system then it's essentially a wrap. Maybe instead of asking the question, 'Whats stopping you?' Ask what can I do to help elevate those around me and increase those opportunities?

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
Good for you homie, I did it too under similar circumstance but not every one has it like that. Instead of making everybody go your way, why not enlighten others to make the best of their situations, finish school etc. I knew some smart guys that had to leave school to take care of the fam, some went back, some didn't. Like other posters said not everyone is built to be programmers or be good with computers. Also too if a brother gets caught up in the system then it's essentially a wrap.

:dahell:

Did you actually read the thread and look at the posted examples?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:dahell:

Did you actually read the thread and look at the posted examples?

Actually yes, I did and many of those guys are outliers in one way or another (either clearly very intelligent or well connected), I'm saying what about someone who struggled in school because of grades and wasn't afforded the same opportunities (initially), what is their path to the top 10%?