[6/30/24] AEW x NJPW x CMLL Present Forbidden Door: Swerve/Ospreay, Mox/Naito, New TNT Champ, ZSJ/OC, Elite/Scissor Aces and More

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Yeah this is going to be a long one, it's an AEW PPV so that could go without saying lol. But I paid for it, even if I did the VPN thing and only paid $25. So I say give me my fukking money's worth. If I can't stay awake until the end, I'll just finish it up in the morning since I have off tomorrow.

But that doesn't mean I think some of these matches could be left off. ANd not because it makes the PPV long. They could use some of these matches to try to bolster the weekly product in the shows preceding or succeeding FD. Or build them up more and have the payoff further down the line on TV, especially these matches that are entirely or mostly AEW vs. AEW.

Like if he really insists on this Joe/Hook/Shibata vs. Learning Tree/Cobb match, they could have this match sometime next month and just sub out Cobb with Bryan Keith (assuming he is cleared if he's really injured) or some other random person.

And the TNT Title Ladder Match, unless they pull off a shocker and put the title on El Phantasmo, which would be really fukking stupid, this match could have been run this week, next week, two weeks from now by just subbing out ELP with literally anyone else on the AEW roster. Couldn't put it off anymore than that though and still have Takeshyta in it since he's going to be in the G1, which starts second half of July

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
It feels like the concept necessarily creates a shyt ton of match ups - maybe take a leaf out of Wrestlemania"s playbook and do "FD Dynamite" and "FD Collision" a week before, maybe even either side, with all the cross-promo stuff that doesn't make the PPV or isn't specifically building it.:manny:

Edit: Just lean into "Forbidden Door Season" tbh

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Yeah this is going to be a long one, it's an AEW PPV so that could go without saying lol. But I paid for it, even if I did the VPN thing and only paid $25. So I say give me my fukking money's worth. If I can't stay awake until the end, I'll just finish it up in the morning since I have off tomorrow.

But that doesn't mean I think some of these matches could be left off. ANd not because it makes the PPV long. They could use some of these matches to try to bolster the weekly product in the shows preceding or succeeding FD. Or build them up more and have the payoff further down the line on TV, especially these matches that are entirely or mostly AEW vs. AEW.

Like if he really insists on this Joe/Hook/Shibata vs. Learning Tree/Cobb match, they could have this match sometime next month and just sub out Cobb with Bryan Keith (assuming he is cleared if he's really injured) or some other random person.

And the TNT Title Ladder Match, unless they pull off a shocker and put the title on El Phantasmo, which would be really fukking stupid, this match could have been run this week, next week, two weeks from now by just subbing out ELP with literally anyone else on the AEW roster. Couldn't put it off anymore than that though and still have Takeshyta in it since he's going to be in the G1, which starts second half of July

Imagine if they did the TNT Ladder Match on Dynamite as something they built up and instead of El Phantasmo (who??) they had it as a "Wild card" spot and the mystery final entrant was Ricochet

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
2. People know what the card is in advance. If you're a Swerve fan for example, you know you will see him.
This is what I have been getting at for a while now and it's an easy fix. No, not a roster split, that still won't fix the issue with as big as their roster is. It's publishing a wrestler's schedule in advance.

WWE does this with their wrestlers, having people like Cody Rhodes and CM Punk blasting their social media with their upcoming TV and house show schedule for at least a month in advance and often times longer than that.

If you only want to buy a ticket if Bryan Danielson is going to be appearing, most of the time at best you'll only know a few days in advance and sometimes not even until the day of. You put that schedule out there and when that presale or public sale starts you can go in there with the confidence knowing if the American Dragon is going to be appearing or not.

I think back to one Collision taping where I saw someone retweet this picture of a couple little girls who are big Saraya fans and they were attending hoping to see Saraya live. Saraya was not on that show. Imagine how terribly disappointed those little girls must have been and how pissed the parents must have been to have spent money on tickets only to disappoint their kids. It all could have been avoided if Saraya had been able to throw up a social media graphic showing that she wasn't going to be on the show.

And I know TK knows at lot further in advance than the week of if a talent is going to be booked for a specific date. He said in a recent interview that he has Moxley booked for a bunch of dates going forward this summer. So he knows already if Moxley is going to be at Dynamite next week, two weeks from now, three weeks from now, etc. Moxley can't be the only guy he knows he's going to have booked for at least two months out. Of course I realize Moxley doesn't do social media, so he's not the best example, but that was the name I remember him mentioning.

So this would be a staggeringly simple thing to do to give fans confidence that they know which star wrestlers are going to be appearing at each episode.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It feels like the concept necessarily creates a shyt ton of match ups - maybe take a leaf out of Wrestlemania"s playbook and do "FD Dynamite" and "FD Collision" a week before, maybe even either side, with all the cross-promo stuff that doesn't make the PPV or isn't specifically building it.:manny:

Edit: Just lean into "Forbidden Door Season" tbh
TK alluded in an interview this week that there will be more Forbidden Door stuff being done outside of Forbidden Door season. Talent exchanges with Stardom. Sending more people down to MExico for CMLL shows - Chris Jericho is going to be getting a match in Arena Mexico with Mistico, sounds like the Lucha Bros are going to be going down there too. Said there is potential to do more events with New Japan other than the Forbidden Door PPV.

Going to be easier on all the companies to spread this stuff out more throughout the year instead of trying to cram it in all at one time. New Japan may not run any other events during FD PPV week, but Stardom and CMLL don't take the week off for it.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
No way I'm watching this long ass show live. Gonna get that Watchwrestling Dailymotion links and pick and choose with like 3 hours of delay and I might still be able to catch the main event live :dead:

I'm actually interested if Danielson loses. That will tell us how hurt he truly is and if him or the Wildcard win the Owen Cup :bryan:

Very interested in how MJF works the Hechicero match too. I really like Max's approach to a lot of his matches and this is a completely new scenario for him, wanna see if he pulls it off or tries too hard and falls flat.

Main event is probably gonna be crazy. I expect both Swerve and Ospreay to try some batshyt stuff and fukk ton of nearfalls and high spots. My enjoyment will depend on how hot the crowd is though, those type of matches necessitate a dope atmosphere to work for me.

Toni/Mia and Mercedes/Vaquer are the most I've been looking forward for women's wrestling in the U.S since peak NXT (as in, wanting to actually watch two women matches in the same show):ehh:

The rest is getting fastforwarded or skipped. I do hope Mox wins though, New Japan doesn't win anything by having Naito win in U.S soil in June....

i got danielson/adam page as the final i think page is the wild card , they aired a hangman vignette on collision

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
14 matches
full

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Could’ve replaced Jericho with a Stardom match :beli:

TK is going to be loyal to Jericho because he was one of the first major signings to get AEW some notoriety and then Jericho had a good run to start off 2019.

It sucks because now we are stuck watching him fail with terrible gimmick ideas...