6/15 PBC PRIME PPV: Gervonta "Tank" Davis vs Frank Martin/David Benavidez vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
very interesting card yesterday night- we learned some things:

gary antuanne russell got caught slipping and need to stay active. i peeped him getting frustrated and clipped with counters all night. the one judge score was done before the fight started. that puello cat earned himself a few more payday, i thought they was gonna rob him. glad they didn't.

benavidez while he won cleanly- his stock dropped to me, look like he couldn't weight bully and his punch power wasn't as devastating vs bigger dudes. i been feeling for a while that canelo would beat him if they fought. canelo got an iron chin and you just not running up on him with all that workrate and not get fire returned at you. i do think david has improved his upper body and head movement on defense though. i think he knows that 168 is safer waters for him. bivol or beterbiev would be landing a lot of clean shots that could hurt him there.

when you get on that stage benavidez vs canelo it's different. canelo been there a while and he puts mental pressure on you the same way tank does.

getting to tank vs martin, i thought the fight went as i expected. frank started strong winning rounds, but tank put mental pressure on you from the jump with the high guard and constantly in your face. frank wasn't nervous initially but he was winning rounds while trying to keep tank off of him. after a while that gets draining. tank has an iron chin that's why he can stay on you, then while you starting to fade he ramped it up. tank is such a sharpshooter, them clean shots line you up worse once you feeling tired. he slowly got broke down to the body, then frank couldn't move as much then he was food.

tank is an underrated boxer with crazy punch IQ- he knows which punches to throw at the right time. he's like bud in that way.

i do think shakur probably is the only one equipped to beat tank with his skillset. my only question is if he has the chin to take those punches. but he's good enough to punch and move for 12 rounds and win rounds that way. but in his most recent fight, whether he was injured or not, he refused to engage at all. before that fight, he was stepping to his opponents more and he does got enough pop to keep you honest.

stylistically it's just a good matchup tank vs shakur i hope we get it though. i'm at that one live in person if it ever happens.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I mean 175 is insanely top heavy no harm in him campaigning there. Not like he can get a belt at 168 unless canelo drops one lol

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You can't be the face of boxing when you can't do 200k on ppv :yeshrug: ..... wether people like it or not, canelo is still the face of boxing by a large margin. And that's not gonna change until somebody can match his numbers and accomplishments.

And how you gonna criticize canelo for "ducking" then praise tank?:what:......that's like saying you hate pedophiles then calling drake the GOAT:heh:
This literally made no sense :mjlol:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
You can't be the face of boxing when you can't do 200k on ppv :yeshrug: ..... wether people like it or not, canelo is still the face of boxing by a large margin. And that's not gonna change until somebody can match his numbers and accomplishments.
Tanks own promoter pays Canelo a higher guarantee than they are willing to give Tank.
You could argue PBC prioritizes Canelo over Tank at this stage when it comes to budgeting, Tank was complaining about the lack of promotion for this fight and I wonder if it has anything to do with PBC investing so many resources into the last Canelo fight

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
175 is still a hard division...this is a division where one hard fight sidelines you...these guys there are crack something serious..doesnt matter if youre notable or not

I feel that. I know you didn’t get to see the Benavidez fight cause you were having a 3sum :mjpls: but after you rewatch his fight, who’d you pick: Benavidez vs Yarde?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
gary antuanne russell got caught slipping and need to stay active. i peeped him getting frustrated and clipped with counters all night. the one judge score was done before the fight started. that puello cat earned himself a few more payday, i thought they was gonna rob him. glad they didn't.

benavidez while he won cleanly- his stock dropped to me, look like he couldn't weight bully and his punch power wasn't as devastating vs bigger dudes. i been feeling for a while that canelo would beat him if they fought. canelo got an iron chin and you just not running up on with all that workrate and not get fire returned at you. i do think david has improved his upper body and head movement on defense though. i think he knows that 168 is safer waters for him.
when you get on that stage, canelo been there a while and he beats mental pressure on you the same way tank does.
agreed to also add on breh

ive had enough terrell gausha underachieving on my TV screen..how many gotdamn years do we have to keep saying move your hands even in title fights

carlos adames couldnt even separate himself as a middleweight champion..hamzah sheeraz will beat him handily when that fight is made

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I feel that. I know you didn’t get to see the Benavidez fight cause you were having a 3sum :mjpls: but after you rewatch his fight, who’d you pick: Benavidez vs Yarde?
lol i watched that fight as it happens...when it comes to boxing and eagles games i keep my proclivities in check my brother lol...you know this :russ:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Light heavy became what we thought 135 was gonna be :francis:
yeah 135 will never reach its true potential because of the nonsense that exists there...the babble that exists in here in this thread excusing why tank vs shakur shouldn't be even though these are the top lightweights in the division along with william zepeda is just :smh:

its also one of the few "big" divisions his excellency has not been able to throw enough money to improve just yet...he needs to lol

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I like the fact that Canelo stanboys are on here acting like Benavidez got the treatment Canelo got when he faced Bivol.

Benavidez shutout Gvozdyk. Gvozdyk was out of his depth and barely threw punches the whole fight. You can talk about Benavidez powers not being the same but he clearly can hang at 175 and did it well against a former champ.

He would give both Bivol and Beterbiev a hard fight.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I like the fact that Canelo stanboys are on here acting like Benavidez got the treatment Canelo got when he faced Bivol.

Benavidez shutout Gvozdyk. Gvozdyk was out of his depth and barely threw punches the whole fight. You can talk about Benavidez powers not being the same but he clearly can hang at 175 and did it well against a former champ.

He would give both Bivol and Beterbiev a hard fight.

A guy who stands in front of Beterbeiv w no movement is not going to have a good night imo

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Tanks own promoter pays Canelo a higher guarantee than they are willing to give Tank.
You could argue PBC prioritizes Canelo over Tank at this stage when it comes to budgeting, Tank was complaining about the lack of promotion for this fight and I wonder if it has anything to do with PBC investing so many resources into the last Canelo fight
Tank complaines about promotion because he knows this shyt is gonna flop. He just wanted a built in excuse. If you're really that guy you don't need much promotion to crack 400k. I'd be shocked if this even hits 250. Tank just doesn't move the needle like that. Which is why I don't understand him trying to big time guys. He's not a superstar. PBC probably doesn't even make profit off of his fights.

Daps
It has got to be the absolute worst to talk all that shyt and then be just beat down like that......having people talk shyt on your behalf that you have to try and go back up......I see why people disappear sometimes

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
agreed to also add on breh

ive had enough terrell gausha underachieving on my TV screen..how many gotdamn years do we have to keep saying move your hands even in title fights

carlos adames couldnt even separate himself as a middleweight champion..hamzah sheeraz will beat him handily when that fight is made
i legit couldn't remember the first fight yesterday. yeah gausha need to keep it moving- he might got some naked pictures of al haymon to keep getting those looks. and adames is food for somebody to snatch his belt. if they was smart, danny garcia, jermell charlo or even spence could go take his belt- and get a belt in a higher division to boost your hall of fame chances vs a lesser dude.