5 years later... Did Apple fukk the game up by making headphone jacks extinct?

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Buy the dongle, restore your options
Having to keep a dongle with you at all times is inconvenient.

Also means you can't charge and listen to music at the same time. Unless you go get a wireless charger.

It's also telling that Apple retains the headphone jack on iPads and Macs.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Having to keep a dongle with you at all times is inconvenient.

Also means you can't charge and listen to music at the same time. Unless you go get a wireless charger.

It's also telling that Apple retains the headphone jack on iPads and Macs.
They make splitter dongles, and you could leave it hooked up to your headphones.

iPads and macs are larger, there’s no need to be so shrewd with the space inside the devices.

Seems you just wanna complain :martin:

Daps
I'm wired gang to the death of me and usually I'm for trendsetting. Bluetooth headphones lacks the warmth of a good wired headphone or earbud.

:hubie:Can't do the stoppage of my music because my buds need charging:unimpressed:

My nikka :myman:..... only audiophiles know the difference in that crispness and warmth....... shyt I don't even gotta ask I know that you use Chronic 2001 to calibrate all your audio devices... :win:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
My nikka :myman:..... only audiophiles know the difference in that crispness and warmth....... shyt I don't even gotta ask I know that you use Chronic 2001 to calibrate all your audio devices... :win:

Real heads know:wow:. Just copped some cheap ass buds for me and the fam. Looking at some old UFC shyt and I felt the punches from the buds:banderas:. No sound options and all of that shyt, just pure feeling like how sound supposed to be. It just seems like nowadays folks fall for the illusion of convenience and lack of cords, but fail to see that they are getting handicapped from true sound. Its all ease>>>>>>quality nowadays.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Buy the dongle, restore your options

thats not the point

you shouldnt have to pay more to have less shyt

both things bluetooth and headphone port cost apple like 5$ to have
they give you the option thats already in the phone by default and then charge you triple

I own an iphone... its just a bad design marketed as "ingenuity"

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
people missing the point

having the luxury of both is true luxury... I have Iphone and wireless but its dumb to just have 1 option
when I got other headphones I could be using and switching out
This.

I just copped and Asus Zenfone 8 (16gb ram, 256 gb storage) that gives me the option, rather have it and not need it.

I was gonna get an S22 but decided against it and am glad I did

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
They make splitter dongles, and you could leave it hooked up to your headphones.

iPads and macs are larger, there’s no need to be so shrewd with the space inside the devices.

Seems you just wanna complain :martin:
The iPhones for years have been larger than ever when they were able to fit both in much smaller iPhones no problem.

Really need to buy and carry around a splitter cable? Ridiculous take.
I read dongles are one of apples fastest selling products since they removed the jack. I'm ok if they tell the truth about their motivation same with the charging brick. No need to seek some lies, I'm still buying their shyt anyways.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The iPhones for years have been larger than ever when they were able to fit both in much smaller iPhones no problem.

Really need to buy and carry around a splitter cable? Ridiculous take.
I read dongles are one of apples fastest selling products since they removed the jack. I'm ok if they tell the truth about their motivation same with the charging brick. No need to seek some lies, I'm still buying their shyt anyways.
You could just use wireless headphones like the rest of the world. Do you also use corded landlines phones too? The world moved on.

People into real audio quality have dedicated music players with top tier DACs on them and ain't using cell phones with midrange ones at best anyway.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
thats not the point

you shouldnt have to pay more to have less shyt

both things bluetooth and headphone port cost apple like 5$ to have
they give you the option thats already in the phone by default and then charge you triple

I own an iphone... its just a bad design marketed as "ingenuity"
There are tons of feature in the iphone. Headphone jack is not a make or break feature for the majority.

This is like saying an ethernet cable port should always be on a laptop because it's a faster connection than wifi.The luxury of using wifi cancels all that out.

One technology is being replaced by another. It's time to move forward. Wired headphones is a niche product.

Last edited:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
yea im still pissed they did that shyt :martin:

makes no fukkin sense, they used to have a headphone and a charger, now you can't listen to headphones while charging. :dahell:

you can buy a splitter, but i dont have time for that shyt