5 years later... Did Apple fukk the game up by making headphone jacks extinct?

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t used wired headphones since about 2016.

Although, I see what Apple did. They killed the 3.5 mm headphone jack and then started pushing their customers to those AirPods and Beats also owned by Apple where I’m sure profit margins are very high on those products. Why give people something for free if they are willing to pay for it is Apples strategy.

I’m more upset with Apple and later Samsung also removing the wall adapter/charging brick from the box. I don’t care how many wall adapters I have laying around if I’m paying $1,200 plus for a flagship smartphone the wall adapter should be included in the box. Then they came with that weak azz excuse that it’s was for the environment. If Apple and Samsung really cared about the environment they would not be coming out with a new phone every year. We’ve reached the point were the technology has matured and it’s just marginal upgrades from year to year. They will throw an upgraded processor in it and a new camera trick and maybe change the orientation of the camera layout and add a different exterior color and say it’s a new phone when it’s really the same old phone with 2-3 minor tweaks.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Don’t even get me started on Apple charging $130 to north of $200 for some damn earbuds (AirPods) that probably should be priced closer to 50-80 bucks for the regular AirPods and maybe $125 or so for the Pros. I’m not even going to get on those studio AirPods that cost 400-500 bucks either.

The fact that Apple is charging $200 for that bullshyt is laughable, but they laughing their way right to the bank.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
I'll always have airpods. as said above, if I lose them I'll buy a new pair immediately.

I've had gen 1, gen 2, and gen 3. I tried the pros but returned them, they weren't comfortable.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'll always have airpods. as said above, if I lose them I'll buy a new pair immediately.

I've had gen 1, gen 2, and gen 3. I tried the pros but returned them, they weren't comfortable.
I have the Pros. Required Comply foam tips but they are very comfortable. Without the foam tips they'd fall out. Still not as comfortable as the Elite 7 Active though.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So how do you link someone else's phone.
to listen to when on a road trip?

I find bluetooth to be impractical nerd shyt.
It still is not faster than sliding a tape into a deck.
All that nerd shyt takes forever to link and is not practical in daily human life.

You may do it. Yet is is impractical nerd shyt.

Art Barr

*uses a bluetooth auxiliary travel mini amp

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
IDC anymore since the a) there are some awesome-sounding bluetooth cans out there and b) I can still use the lightning to USB adapter when I want to go wired.

All that nerd shyt takes forever to link and is not practical in daily human life.

Art Barr

If you on a road trip, take the 5 mins or so of time required to connect the car's headunit :gucci:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Art Barr

To answer your question a lot of cars have CarPlay and let’s you play audio/use apps from the phone no different then connecting it from an auxiliary cord
You just need an iPhone cable or some cars have wireless CarPlay

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I haven’t used wired headphones since about 2016.

Although, I see what Apple did. They killed the 3.5 mm headphone jack and then started pushing their customers to those AirPods and Beats also owned by Apple where I’m sure profit margins are very high on those products. Why give people something for free if they are willing to pay for it is Apples strategy.

I’m more upset with Apple and later Samsung also removing the wall adapter/charging brick from the box. I don’t care how many wall adapters I have laying around if I’m paying $1,200 plus for a flagship smartphone the wall adapter should be included in the box. Then they came with that weak azz excuse that it’s was for the environment. If Apple and Samsung really cared about the environment they would not be coming out with a new phone every year. We’ve reached the point were the technology has matured and it’s just marginal upgrades from year to year. They will throw an upgraded processor in it and a new camera trick and maybe change the orientation of the camera layout and add a different exterior color and say it’s a new phone when it’s really the same old phone with 2-3 minor tweaks.

it's retarded. a $600 ipad comes with a charging brick, but the $1100 iphone pro max doesn't. :rudy:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
it's retarded. a $600 ipad comes with a charging brick, but the $1100 iphone pro max doesn't. :rudy:
I use an iPad Pro type C charger to charge my iPhone. Not using that dinky charger they give you. Also use my old Note10+ charger to charge my iPad.

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Apple is about finding new ways to keep all the money. When they started selling refurbished iPhones 7s as a rebranded iPhone 5c, I was done with these people

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
To answer your question a lot of cars have CarPlay and let’s you play audio/use apps from the phone no different then connecting it from an auxiliary cord
You just need an iPhone cable or some cars have wireless CarPlay

So how do you swap playing devices in a road trip with bluetooth and no headaches.

Art Barr