5 years later... Did Apple fukk the game up by making headphone jacks extinct?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The iPhones for years have been larger than ever when they were able to fit both in much smaller iPhones no problem.
They are thinner with more of everything else in them. The headphone circuitry is too thick to fit now.

Really need to buy and carry around a splitter cable? Ridiculous take.
I read dongles are one of apples fastest selling products since they removed the jack. I'm ok if they tell the truth about their motivation same with the charging brick. No need to seek some lies, I'm still buying their shyt anyways.
Advocate for cords, then get mad at needing cords brehs :mjlol:

As you said you would buy the shyt anyway. Apple don’t need to trick people into buying stuff.

The removal of the headphone jack is not so they could sell a dongle. That’s ridiculous :smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
thats not the point

you shouldnt have to pay more to have less shyt
IPhones have “more shyt” in them every time. Only thing removed was a headphone jack.

both things bluetooth and headphone port cost apple like 5$ to have
they give you the option thats already in the phone by default and then charge you triple

I own an iphone... its just a bad design marketed as "ingenuity"
It’s not bad design. Phones are trying to be smaller thinner with more functionality with every iteration. Headphone jack is a thing that doesn’t need to take up space. It was the easy thing to remove to gain more space. It’s not like other circuitry that can be reduced in size or restructured around other components. It needs physical space the phones no longer have.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
They are thinner with more of everything else in them. The headphone circuitry is too thick to fit now.

Advocate for cords, then get mad at needing cords brehs :mjlol:

As you said you would buy the shyt anyway. Apple don’t need to trick people into buying stuff.

The removal of the headphone jack is not so they could sell a dongle. That’s ridiculous :smh:

Currently iPhones are not thinner.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
There are tons of feature in the iphone. Headphone jack is not a make or break feature for the majority.

This is like saying an ethernet cable port should always be on a laptop because it's a faster connection than wifi.The luxury of using wifi cancels all that out.

One technology is being replaced by another. It's time to move forward. Wired headphones is a niche product.

IPhones have “more shyt” in them every time. Only thing removed was a headphone jack.

It’s not bad design. Phones are trying to be smaller thinner with more functionality with every iteration. Headphone jack is a thing that doesn’t need to take up space. It was the easy thing to remove to gain more space. It’s not like other circuitry that can be reduced in size or restructured around other components. It needs physical space the phones no longer have.

funny arguements
I was manager at a phone store for 3 years

they dont put iphones on display at most phone stores because people will test the 7 and then the 11 and realize they are basically the same shyt and opt for the older models

for the same price you buy a dongle, you could just get headphone conductor port that actually works and doesnt wear your charger out from constant use, to mimmick some shyt that could already be there. you know shyt is fukked up when the option you have for something thats worth 10$ is an "add on" that does the same thing the company could have done... for a phone that costs 1300$

especially seeing the fact that this type of handicapping for tech doesnt occur in any other piece of electronic from controllers, to soundcards, to actual laptops (that you brought up as a terrible example) to tablets, consoles, Dj hardware controllers, Guitars etc I think even my car radio comes with a headphone jack option :mjlol:

being willing to pay over 1000$ but hating on 5$ port is wildboy shyt. I use earbuds and wireless headphones but the fact you wrote yourself out of the option for 5$ is nonsensical. Its like how they want to make cars subscription based model for features... for shyt other cars just have that you can do for free...you are basically putting a paywall on cheap shyt that should be standard. Why be willing to buy a dongle instead of just having the shyt you need? :snoop: the creation of the dongle means they fukked up in the first place

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
funny arguements
I was manager at a phone store for 3 years

they dont put iphones on display at most phone stores because people will test the 7 and then the 11 and realize they are basically the same shyt and opt for the older models

for the same price you buy a dongle, you could just get headphone conductor port that actually works and doesnt wear your charger out from constant use, to mimmick some shyt that could already be there. you know shyt is fukked up when the option you have for something thats worth 10$ is an "add on" that does the same thing the company could have done... for a phone that costs 1300$

especially seeing the fact that this type of handicapping for tech doesnt occur in any other piece of electronic from controllers, to soundcards, to actual laptops (that you brought up as a terrible example) to tablets, consoles, Dj hardware controllers, Guitars etc I think even my car radio comes with a headphone jack option :mjlol:

being willing to pay over 1000$ but hating on 5$ port is wildboy shyt. I use earbuds and wireless headphones but the fact you wrote yourself out of the option for 5$ is nonsensical. Its like how they want to make cars subscription based model for features... for shyt other cars just have that you can do for free...you are basically putting a paywall on cheap shyt that should be standard. Why be willing to buy a dongle instead of just having the shyt you need? :snoop: the creation of the dongle means they fukked up in the first place
None of this has anything to do with what I said.

Seems y’all just have this crusade against apple greediness so you view everything through that lense.

Im not denying apple is shrewd, it’s customers sheep, lots of moves to squeeze money out of people.

But in this case theres literally a physical, technical reason for this move. It was not to sell dongles and AirPods. That doesn’t even make sense :stopitslime:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Furthermore headphone jacks open another hole for dust and water to get in.

In reality headphone jacks go against everything phones have been trying to be over the years. Smaller, thinner, packing in more features, larger battery, camera, haptics, more durable, waterproof.

Headphone jacks are a detriment to all those goals.

Y’all sound like old nikkas mad when they started taking casset tape players out of cars :mjlol:

Technology has moved on. Headphone jacks will be reduced to some very specific uses going forward. You just gotta deal with it :manny:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny

Seems y’all just have this crusade against apple greediness so you view everything through that lense.

Im not denying apple is shrewd, it’s customers sheep, lots of moves to squeeze money out of people.

But in this case theres literally a physical, technical reason for this move. It was not to sell dongles and AirPods. That doesn’t even make sense :stopitslime:

I stated I worked as a manager at a phone store for 3 years... I only buy apple and can upload you a picture of 3 iphones on my dresser right now while taking the picture with my 4th phone :mjlol:

then you typed "some of yall have this crusade against apple" then immediately type "I'm not denying apple is shrewed and its customers are sheep, lots of moves to squeeze money" in the same exact sentence :gucci:

"none of this has to do with anything I said"

slattkai-xqzkai.gif

nikka what? :russ: your post is 8 contridictions in 4 sentences ... you even touted buying the dongle last page yourself jesus christ

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

They purchased Beats, removed the jack, started selling Airpods, and became the market leader in truly wireless. Last I checked they were making like $.50 for every dollar sold on wireless headphones.

With removing the jack they were able to further all screen phones, battery size, and waterproofing but this wasn't something that couldn't be engineered with the jack.

This is more of a chicken and egg scenario than an absolute. And Apple would have never removed the jack if they didn't have an emerging market avaliable to take advantage of after that decision.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I stated I worked as a manager at a phone store for 3 years... I only buy apple and can upload you a picture of 3 iphones on my dresser right now while taking the picture with my 4th phone :mjlol:

then you typed "some of yall have this crusade against apple" then immediately type "I'm not denying apple is shrewed and its customers are sheep, lots of moves to squeeze money" in the same exact sentence :gucci:

"none of this has to do with anything I said"

slattkai-xqzkai.gif

nikka what? :russ: your post is 8 contridictions in 4 sentences ... you even touted buying the dongle last page yourself jesus christ
My post said the jack was removed for Physical reasons, I.E. it literally can’t fit with how cramped phone insides are.

You responded to that by telling me you worked in an apple store and y’all hid the older models to sell the new ones. Talking about laptops, cars, and all other types of shyt.

WTF does that have to do with what I said :dahell:

As for the dongle I didn’t “tout” anything. The person I was responding to said there was less “options” I simply said buy a dongle to restore your options. Simple math.:manny: