5 months later, Final Fantasy 15 basicaly came and went... when did Square Enix lose the magic?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
honestly tales series has been shytting on FF since 2001 . id put a bunch of tales games in front of FF12, 13 & 15
i dunno about all this, tried the newest one (Zestiria?) and it was snoozer

Wasn't always that way. 6,7 and 8 were all technical marvels while still having the story and gameplay to back it up. Legit the company has NOT been the same since the Enix merger.
worst part is enix games have never done anything for me either

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Feels like FF games have gone more and more toward spectacle over everything else. This joint has really nice graphics, some epic cut scenes and both magic and summons have major impacts both attack wise and visually. But the combat can get clumsy, especially targeting when there are a bunch of enemies; the story is so forgettable that you can play the game on mute with some music bumping; and the hunts are fun but don't actually feel like they impact the plot at all. None of the side missions do. It's nice to unlock a new recipe or piece of equipment from a mission but when the side missions make up a big chunk of the missions available overall, it'd be nice if they'd serve to expand the world or plot. Instead, you get the same mission format repeatedly every chapter with no real sense of impact even when you're gathering dead hunters' dog tags.

Also, somehow the open world manages to feel smaller than the worlds in games like FFX or 7 where you're on a long journey through a lot of landscapes and can feel the scope of your adventure practically from jump. For a long time, you're stuck on the same one map with certain areas closed off per chapter and the landscapes don't feel diverse. For a game with amazing graphics, the environments themselves were "meh." In the same vein, the characters themselves just felt forgettable to me and some were annoying. Prompto making us stop to take some sweet bro-photos has to be the lamest ish ever.

All of that though and it's still a decent game. 6-7 range is where I'd put the joint. I'm just focusing here on the negatives about the game without pointing out the positives (nature of the topic). But it's a FF game and we expect more than decent from a Final Fantasy.
Wasn't enough spectacle in 15. 3 offensive spells mixed together, trash and summons that come out at their leisure

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Wasn't enough spectacle in 15. 3 offensive spells mixed together, trash and summons that come out at their leisure

I think the lack of summons and spells had to do with the scope of what they did put in. Had they scaled back the special effects, they could have focused on more varied ish. The spells and summons that were actually in the game were crazy large scale, so it's no wonder they didn't include a big assortment.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I think the lack of summons and spells had to do with the scope of what they did put in. Had they scaled back the special effects, they could have focused on more varied ish. The spells and summons that were actually in the game were crazy large scale, so it's no wonder they didn't include a big assortment.
Please. They should have scaled down that bullshyt ass map and added better dungeons summons magic and special attacks. Too much Useless space

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I can understand when people say the combat is great (even if it is sluggish) and the graphics are pretty, but this was a let down where it mattered...the story and elements in gameplay. Magic was ignored for something avant garde, and it honestly failed. RNG summons? How to make sure a game fails.
Thank you

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
The made the summons op instead of just a regular spell..should of had weak summons and op
Long as they keep every piece of magic, summon and special attacks it will be goat tier
Facccccctssssss
:mjgrin:

The hope for all jrpg fans

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't understand the excitement for FF7:Remake. It sounds good on paper but this SquareEnix team has proven time and time again that they can't make a good game. The dream team behind Chrono Trigger, the original FF7, etc. don't even work there anymore. These new guys literally have no idea what they're doing. Pretty sure they're going to fukk up FF7:R

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't understand the excitement for FF7:Remake. It sounds good on paper but this SquareEnix team has proven time and time again that they can't make a good game. The dream team behind Chrono Trigger, the original FF7, etc. don't even work there anymore. These new guys literally have no idea what they're doing. Pretty sure they're going to fukk up FF7:R

They about to split FF7 into 6 seperate "episodes" and charge n1ggaz $60 each

Shyt not even gon be finished until 2024:mjlol:

Battle system gon look like that ff15
And people still gon buy it :mjcry: