5 months later, Final Fantasy 15 basicaly came and went... when did Square Enix lose the magic?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Fabula Nova Christalis or what ever the fukk was the downfall.

Remember XV was supposed to tie into XIII as FF versus XIII, but that was a dumb idea trying to get multiple teams to work on multiple games that somehow all fit together while having creative freedom...it was doomed from the start. And in my opinion the reason why XV is not that good. Its a thrown together game from the ashes of the XIII mythos...meaning the core of the game is almost a decade old.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
It was aight. The storyline just wasn't mind blowing. You didn't get invested into any of the characters. 10 had you invested. 7 had you invested. It's hard nowadays though because so much things have to compete with it.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Feels like FF games have gone more and more toward spectacle over everything else. This joint has really nice graphics, some epic cut scenes and both magic and summons have major impacts both attack wise and visually. But the combat can get clumsy, especially targeting when there are a bunch of enemies; the story is so forgettable that you can play the game on mute with some music bumping; and the hunts are fun but don't actually feel like they impact the plot at all. None of the side missions do. It's nice to unlock a new recipe or piece of equipment from a mission but when the side missions make up a big chunk of the missions available overall, it'd be nice if they'd serve to expand the world or plot. Instead, you get the same mission format repeatedly every chapter with no real sense of impact even when you're gathering dead hunters' dog tags.

Also, somehow the open world manages to feel smaller than the worlds in games like FFX or 7 where you're on a long journey through a lot of landscapes and can feel the scope of your adventure practically from jump. For a long time, you're stuck on the same one map with certain areas closed off per chapter and the landscapes don't feel diverse. For a game with amazing graphics, the environments themselves were "meh." In the same vein, the characters themselves just felt forgettable to me and some were annoying. Prompto making us stop to take some sweet bro-photos has to be the lamest ish ever.

All of that though and it's still a decent game. 6-7 range is where I'd put the joint. I'm just focusing here on the negatives about the game without pointing out the positives (nature of the topic). But it's a FF game and we expect more than decent from a Final Fantasy.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Around the FF13 series, it became quite apparent that they were only trying to dovetail off of Cloud and Co. Lightning was the definition of brooding...more so than Squall. Except Squall had a reason, he was an orphan/military brat, Lightning was a living weapon with people who supported her and she was coming off more emo than a Black Veiled Brides album.

I actually liked FF13-2, it made me realize that we needed less Lightning and more supporting characters. After those three "meh" titles, I knew it wasn't going to be long before they tried to relive the "glory days" and once I saw 15 I knew it was gonna be a massive let down (character/story wise). They honestly need to take a break from the "Cloud chasing" and focus on longer, meatier, franchises like I am Setsuna.

The FF series can take a break, we need some new leads who don't look like Sasuke with the demeanor of a 17 yr old emo kid from high school.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
underneath it all the story was way simpler reminding me of the SNES versions

game was just right to me, i wont say its a 10/10 game

but as others have said its a solid 8, i think what kills me on the game is brevity of magic...felt like they just said fukk it when imo it could have been a doper system with different spells based on your elemancy recipe (IE more powerful spells from items you find and shyt) instead i just got multiple versions of fire, ice, and lightning spells

i will say this though the visuals of the attacks in the game are top notch

but im playing odin sphere leifthrasir and its :banderas:

i forgot FF15 quick

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys

If this game delivers boyyyy :banderas:

I was saying "Easily the GOAT" till they said its gonna be released in parts...:hhh:

But if we ignore that tidbit of a rape of a marketing device, it might easily be the GOAT, and while I'm tired of Squenix's "Cloud Chasing", I do want to see it come "life"....again. However if they somehow manage to fukk up summons and magic with this title, they'll be done as a reliable company. Hopefully they nail gold saucer, seeing as they delivered horribly in 15.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Square needs to smarten up and give us another Final Fantasy Tactics with a mature theme not like those kiddy stories on the handhelds.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Feels like FF games have gone more and more toward spectacle over everything else. This joint has really nice graphics, some epic cut scenes and both magic and summons have major impacts both attack wise and visually. But the combat can get clumsy, especially targeting when there are a bunch of enemies; the story is so forgettable that you can play the game on mute with some music bumping; and the hunts are fun but don't actually feel like they impact the plot at all. None of the side missions do. It's nice to unlock a new recipe or piece of equipment from a mission but when the side missions make up a big chunk of the missions available overall, it'd be nice if they'd serve to expand the world or plot. Instead, you get the same mission format repeatedly every chapter with no real sense of impact even when you're gathering dead hunters' dog tags.

Also, somehow the open world manages to feel smaller than the worlds in games like FFX or 7 where you're on a long journey through a lot of landscapes and can feel the scope of your adventure practically from jump. For a long time, you're stuck on the same one map with certain areas closed off per chapter and the landscapes don't feel diverse. For a game with amazing graphics, the environments themselves were "meh." In the same vein, the characters themselves just felt forgettable to me and some were annoying. Prompto making us stop to take some sweet bro-photos has to be the lamest ish ever.

All of that though and it's still a decent game. 6-7 range is where I'd put the joint. I'm just focusing here on the negatives about the game without pointing out the positives (nature of the topic). But it's a FF game and we expect more than decent from a Final Fantasy.

Wasn't always that way. 6,7 and 8 were all technical marvels while still having the story and gameplay to back it up. Legit the company has NOT been the same since the Enix merger.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I legit dont understand how people like persona

They are good games where they stuck to turn-based combat and still made it feel engrossing and active. Has a collection element that allows people to create a metagame of getting all the personas and the stories aren't afraid to explore really dark and adult themes. The series never talks down to you as the player.

Persona 5 has better characters in the first 2 hours than XV has in the entire game sans Ardyn.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tales of Berseria blows this bullshyt outta the water and I don't even fukk with tales games like that.

FF is done. Persona is king

honestly tales series has been shytting on FF since 2001 . id put a bunch of tales games in front of FF12, 13 & 15