5 months later, Final Fantasy 15 basicaly came and went... when did Square Enix lose the magic?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just finished the other day.

I think it was a great game. Best FF since 8. Top 10 games this gen(maybe of the top of my head)

I liked the changes to the summons and magic. They made sense to the story. You shouldn't be able to summon a god for help, for every little battle. As they say "God doesn't come when you call him, but he's always on time"

I felt that way playing the game. They always seemed to show up when I was losing hope(or the fight)

And magic felt super powerful and very dangerous to use.

Those changes made a lot of sense in moving the series into modern times

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
it was a great game but with so many other great games coming out recently ppl are gonna naturally move on from it. do you not know how things work:comeon:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just finished the other day.

I think it was a great game. Best FF since 8. Top 10 games this gen(maybe of the top of my head)

I liked the changes to the summons and magic. They made sense to the story. You shouldn't be able to summon a god for help, for every little battle. As they say "God doesn't come when you call him, but he's always on time"

I felt that way playing the game. They always seemed to show up when I was losing hope(or the fight)

And magic felt super powerful and very dangerous to use.

Those changes made a lot of sense in moving the series into modern times

Makes sense about the summons. Good point :ehh:

They did tie the story up nicely at the end too. When Noctis accepts his fate and tells the brehs at that last campfire I almost hit the head tilt. :to:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:comeon:

The game came and went with like 6+ million in sells, did pretty well in reviews (both critical and general user consensus) considering all the missteps and issues throughout the game's development and finangled release and has loads of impending DLC for the year. What were you expecting, the entire landscape of gaming to change as a whole with its release?:dwillhuh:

I swear, some of ya'll
Coli nikkas sometimes:francis:...get it together before ya'll post, lol.

Game needed more magic, summons and special attacks.

Things that made final fantasy of the 90s and early 200s hot

You the only one that made this compliant really. It was hardly one of the main issues with the game. They've lowered emphasis of quantity on summons since X and the fan base haven't really botched much about it and rave about X being one of the best ones (I disagree with that).

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:comeon:

The game came and went with like 6+ million in sells, did pretty well in reviews (both critical and general user consensus) considering all the missteps and issues throughout the game's development and finangled release and has loads of impending DLC for the year. What were you expecting, the entire landscape of gaming to change as a whole with its release?:dwillhuh:

I swear, some of ya'll
Coli nikkas sometimes:francis:...get it together before ya'll post, lol.

You the only one that made this compliant really. It was hardly one of the main issues with the game. They've lowered emphasis of quantity on summons since X and the fan base haven't really botched much about it and rave about X being one of the best ones (I disagree with that).
That's because they're stupid and havnt been playing final fantasy since part 1 like me.

I see where it became great and where it fell off which began with it 10.

12 was good but 13 was a fukk up summon and magic wise.

15 was trash for magic and summons and special attacks

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Everything "came and went" nowadays according to people.

Ole microwave ass nikkaz.

But frfr it was an 8/10 games. Really picked up at the end, but definitely not one of the best in the series.
Really picked up at the END? :what:
My man what the hell game did YOU play? :gucci:
That game completely feel apart at the end. I give the game a 7. The story was almost non existent and what we DID get in terms of story was sloppy. The combat was way too forgiving.
I thought the first half of the game was dope as hell but forget that back half. :scust:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That game completely feel apart at the end. I give the game a 7. The story was almost non existent and what we DID get in terms of story was sloppy. The combat was way too forgiving.
I thought the first half of the game was dope as hell but forget that back half. :scust:

I'm bout to cop the porsche

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
When it tells u this is a final fantasy game for first timers.. :scust:

It was all scust after that.. didnt even finish it...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Man that fight against leviathan was epic as fukk.:wow:

I liked the end, I played it after the update so I didn't experience the worst of chapter 13, but I liked the way they took it from the open world and gave a more focused experience at the end, while still allowing you to fukk off in the open world if you wanted to.

Was best of both worlds between unfocused open world gameplay and focused story based gameplay.:ehh:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man that fight against leviathan was epic as fukk.:wow:

I liked the end, I played it after the update so I didn't experience the worst of chapter 13, but I liked the way they took it from the open world and gave a more focused experience at the end, while still allowing you to fukk off in the open world if you wanted to.

Was best of both worlds between unfocused open world gameplay and focused story based gameplay.:ehh:
Agreed.

That Leviathan battle was definitely the turning point for me too