5 months later, Final Fantasy 15 basicaly came and went... when did Square Enix lose the magic?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, Square went downhill for me once they left the psx era. They weren't 'bad' during the ps2 era, but I really didn't care for FFX or most of their releases from that era.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The storyline just had too many issues. I thought it was a good story only after I googled and wiki'd the ridiculous amount of shyt they left out. The main villain could of literally been one of the goat villians if he was more properly fleshed out as his motives were legit. Just a weird game that I really don't care much for despite enjoying my time while playing it.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Around the FF13 series, it became quite apparent that they were only trying to dovetail off of Cloud and Co. Lightning was the definition of brooding...more so than Squall. Except Squall had a reason, he was an orphan/military brat, Lightning was a living weapon with people who supported her and she was coming off more emo than a Black Veiled Brides album.

I actually liked FF13-2, it made me realize that we needed less Lightning and more supporting characters. After those three "meh" titles, I knew it wasn't going to be long before they tried to relive the "glory days" and once I saw 15 I knew it was gonna be a massive let down (character/story wise). They honestly need to take a break from the "Cloud chasing" and focus on longer, meatier, franchises like I am Setsuna.

The FF series can take a break, we need some new leads who don't look like Sasuke with the demeanor of a 17 yr old emo kid from high school.
Fans demand for an open world experience is killing games.

Square budgeted to much money to shyt outside of the gaming experience for xv.

How epic would this game have been if we got to play kingsglaive and that money was reallocated toward in game assets, story, magic, limit breaks, summons etc.

They had a fukkin anime for this game. Disgusting.

Focus on the game and make it all it can be. Make it a final fantasy damnit.