5/29 DAZN: Devin Haney Vs Jorge Linares (WBC Lightweight Title)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think the Floyd comparisons are gonna haunt Devin his entire career. Every little hiccup will be criticized

If a Mexican fought like Devin fought tonight, he'd be called a Warrior :mjpls:

Floyd got stunned being sloppy too. Andre Ward and etc, the list goes on.

The golden boy on here Crawford almost got ko'd by Gamboa:mjlol:. a guy that didnt even phase Haney. Cats always give Crawford the excuse of him needing to move up/the lower weight having a difference with his chin. Multiple fights with him getting stunned. Haney has one fight/minor mishap and everyone is all:ufdup: for no reason. Haney isnt even a natural 135 lber, ideally he should be Welter. We haven't seen his full form yet or punching power.:sas2:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
First off, Russell Mora is a terrible ref & has no business reffing at this level. My Ring bro's know exactly why.

Haney's a good young fighter with a great jab & great boxing skills. But..... the EXCESSIVE clinching throughout the fight should've got him points taken away. Me personally I thought it took away from his performance. Props to Linares coming to fight who's always a class act but he could've fought better. While Haney should be a tough night for any fighter, he has some glaring holes in his game he needs to tighten up. At the elite level he's GOING to get countered & possibly dropped/stopped.

I'm hoping Teo handles his business so we can see this fight next. After this performance, we'll see if Haney's side thinks he's still ready

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Floyd got stunned being sloppy too. Andre Ward and etc, the list goes on.

The golden boy on here Crawford almost got ko'd by Gamboa:mjlol:. a guy that didnt even phase Haney. Cats always give Crawford the excuse of him needing to move up/the lower weight having a difference with his chin. Multiple fights with him getting stunned. Haney has one fight/minor mishap and everyone is all:ufdup: for no reason. Haney isnt even a natural 135 lber, ideally he should be Welter. We haven't seen his full form yet or punching power.:sas2:

Yea im not gonna write Haney’s power off. In boxing, all it takes is a mofo, power or not, to catch you flush if you slipping and the jig is up no matter how much power or not a boxer have. He ain’t got his grown man strength yet and maybe never will, but he can win big without it. Someone said it best tho, it’s the way he reacted after Linares left him shakey baby that is a bit of cause for :patrice:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Some brehs are funny with their justifications but it doesnt matter : time is linear and so is a fight. If one wins 9 rounds then lose the last 3, it's worse than if one loses the first 3 then win the last 9 even though the amount of won and lost rounds is ultimately the same.

The reason why people are more critical of Haney for this performance is because he ended it badly compared to Garcia who got dropped came back and KO Campbell. Or Loma who got dropped came back and KOd Linares. Or AJ who got dropped came back and KOd Wlad. Or Fury who got dropped then came back and hurt Wilder in the same round. And the list goes on. The outcome and how it came to be matters.

The problem isnt that Haney got hurt, it's how he responded. Mosley had Mayweather badly hurt and then Floyd came back and controlled the rest of the fight. Haney got hurt and he never got his legs back for two whole rounds ! This is worrying that a young breh like him wasnt able to recover.

This is very bad news for three reasons :
1. He couldnt KO a 36yo Linares who is known for his quick hands and combinations but neither for his chin nor his power. And Linares was game all night, it's not like he was on his bike.
2. As skilled as he is, he now knows he can't afford to make a single mistake against a puncher.
3. He's a beautiful boxer but he can't box without his legs. That means if he's hurt like that he's totally nullified unless man is willing to trade:patrice:

Tank, Teo and Garcia all have serious pop in their punches. They are less skilled when it comes to boxing but Haney will never be able to not get hit against them. And the worse is that when they smell blood, they go hard for the finish. Honestly, because of how he responded, I dont favor Haney against all 3 :ld:

PS : i wouldnt say dude is pillow fisted but he does lack pop in his hands. Definitely.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
DAZN took their tweets down for copyright infringement.

Ryan turned down the mandatory,got dropped, pulled out of a fight for mental health reasons and now is talking shyt. If he doesn't stfu.

Ryan was ko'd then awakened by the canvas, he's lucky he fell/hit the ground the way he did.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Welp, Teofimo and Tank are definitely doing the Birdman hand rub. Haney can be hurt. But I don't see Devin fighting like that against those guys. They can't outbox him, so their only hope is to hurt him like Linares did.

Give us Lopez/Haney next, only way to find out :manny:

Yep the Devin we saw last night won't fight like that against Teo and Tank lol

All of those fights are 50/50 fights

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Some brehs are funny with their justifications but it doesnt matter : time is linear and so is a fight. If one wins 9 rounds then lose the last 3, it's worse than if one loses the first 3 then win the last 9 even though the amount of won and lost rounds is ultimately the same.

The reason why people are more critical of Haney for this performance is because he ended it badly compared to Garcia who got dropped came back and KO Campbell. Or Loma who got dropped came back and KOd Linares. Or AJ who got dropped came back and KOd Wlad. Or Fury who got dropped then came back and hurt Wilder in the same round. And the list goes on. The outcome and how it came to be matters.

The problem isnt that Haney got hurt, it's how he responded. Mosley had Mayweather badly hurt and then Floyd came back and controlled the rest of the fight. Haney got hurt and he never got his legs back for two whole rounds ! This is worrying that a young breh like him wasnt able to recover.

1. He couldnt KO a 36yo Linares who is known for his quick hands and combinations but neither for his chin nor his power. And Linares was game all night, it's not like he was on his bike.
2. As skilled as he is, he now knows he can't afford to make a single mistake against a puncher.
3. He's a beautiful boxer but he can't box without his legs. That means if he's hurt like that he's totally nullified unless man is willing to trade:patrice:

Tank, Teo and Garcia all have serious pop in their punches. They are less skilled when it comes to boxing but Haney will never be able to not get hit against them. And the worse is that when they smell blood, they go hard for the finish. Honestly, because of how he responded, I dont favor Haney against all 3 :ld:

PS : i wouldnt say dude is pillow fisted but he does lack pop in his hands. Definitely.

Did any of those dudes get hurt late in the fight tho?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Sweet sciencing and clinching :francis:
fukk what people saying. Bill shouldn’t let him anywhere near the other 3 kings right now. Not even Loma
Breh need more seasoning. I don’t think he even hurt Linares, despite all the body work and clean punches. Other people in the division got dropped before but Haney looked way more hurt and for way longer despite not going down since he was buzzed at the bell. Let him fight someone else on Linares level before stepping up. Maybe Campbell?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Probably give haney 8-9 of the first 10 rounds. I gave linares round 4 11 and probably 12. Good fight for haney showed he can fight in the pocket. He took a lot of tough lefts from linares outside the one he got clipped on. Strong performance but he should be smarter and not try to impress the fans not worth it.

Probably score it 9-3

He didnt respect linares power after 5 rounds not sure why people think he would fight like that against teo and ryan anyway lol

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You sound like you want to cry.:pachaha:

How you know how I sound quote one thing in that post that sound like crying, shyt was fake, and was getting that ass, which is why you can't respond with nothing with emojis like a little thot, you can't articulate like a man

you nikkaz can't talk boxing so you talk a bunch of bullshyt, this is why Jake Paul is the face of boxing, because you yall don't care about the sport you wanna hate on a person you never meet before or dikk ride another person

everything I said was facts and I said I'm sounding like I want to cry based on TEXT, this is how low your intelligence,

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It was the end of the fight, Ryan Garcia got hurt against Luke Campbell who can't punch, Linares is a power puncher at 135, Ryan Garcia got hit at the beginning of the fight

Lomachenko got dropped by Linares in round 6, he had time to come back

It was the end of the fight for Devin, and he was already winning he didn't need to come back

yall nikkaz analysis make zero sense

like Kwame said, a black man gotta do twice as much twice as better to get not even half the credit or respect

by the way you talking Devin Haney should just give up his boxing career and retire lmao

none of yall really like boxing, this is just reality TV where you can feel emotional about the characters on your screen because you need someone to haet

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How you know how I sound

you nikkaz can't talk boxing so you talk a bunch of bullshyt, this is why Jake Paul is the face of boxing, because you yall don't care about the sport you wanna hate on a person you never meet before or dikk ride another person

everything I said was facts and I said I'm sounding like I want to cry based on TEXT, this is how low your intelligence,

Calm down. Its only boxing opinions on a internet message board...

No need to get yourself worked up. You'll end up wetting yourself..