5/29 DAZN: Devin Haney Vs Jorge Linares (WBC Lightweight Title)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
You nikkas make excuses for every nikka y’all
Like :laff::laff:

That boy was hurt

The boy was not putting on a masterclass

He tried to step on the gas and bully weak chinned ,scar faced Linares and couldn’t do it..damn near got his soul snatched..that is a HUGE indictment

He got caught and couldn’t recover for 3 ROUNDS. That is a HUGE indictment

This ain’t a plot against the black man ..the nikka was BUNS the last three rounds

Stop being so emotional and falling in love with these nikkas

He’s Food for ANY elite fighter at 135

Pops needs to step aside and let another trainer take his son to another level. This ain’t going to work

i thought they brung in someone else to train him?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The Good
Haney pivots and boxes very well
has a good work rate an wide arsenal of punches.
quick hands and feet

The Bad
Cuffs his punches while trying to throw hard which shows a lot of effort, but not really effective for the long run
Over relied on the jab. Used it too much once he got close and should have been just mugging Linares at that point.
No real type of inside game, nikka held too fukking much

The Ugly
Getting stunned several times at the end and hurt badly by Amir Khan 2.0
wrong gameplan, you don't box Linares, you mug and overwhelm him. Boxing him will always give him a chance unless you have the power to hurt him with one shot.
bytching and looking to the ref for help when shyt got rough. Even the ref had to tell him to fukking fight.

overall solid B level kid with a C plus performance. Lots of shyt to work on.
That nikka gets too much hype to be having distance fights with Gamboa and Linares in fukking 2021 and shyt.

compare that to Turbo fists lil brother who just bodied a nikka that gave Broner a close fight on late notice. That's how you make a statement. Dude looks like he's almost an even fight for anybody at 140 including Taylor.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Santa Cruz would've been a good win for any other fighter at super feather. Tank made weight, and brutally knocked out Santa Cruz.

Says what you will about the size difference, but Santa Cruz is an accomplished fighter, and I don't believe tank won purely because of size. He asked tremendous poise and maturity by sticking to an educated attack to the body to set up the devastating KO.

These young guys all got tested differently, and that's what I wanted to see. They got experience.

Campbell is nothing like LSC ... but not in the way he thinks :mjlol:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You nikkas make excuses for every nikka y’all
:laff::laff:

That boy was hurt

The boy was not putting on a masterclass

He tried to step on the gas and bully weak chinned ,scar faced Linares and couldn’t do it..damn near got his soul snatched..that is a HUGE indictment

He got caught and couldn’t recover for 3 ROUNDS. That is a HUGE indictment

This ain’t a plot against the black man ..the nikka was BUNS the last three rounds

Stop being so emotional and falling in love with these nikkas

Pops needs to step aside and let another trainer take his son to another level. This ain’t going to work
Breh, nikkas be super defensive and turn militant :mjlol: Tyson Fury had black boxing youtubers making video essays after both fights. They were getting all emotional and shyt :mjlol:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Haney can punch...you dont have a 60 percent KO rate and not have some pop

But like @King P said maybe the shoulder surgery might have took something away...like it eventually did my nikka Jeff Lacy :mjcry:..but Devin is still a high operator with his boxing. He may not bomb cats out but his boxing can still give cats problems.

Linares def extended his career with his performance last night. Still a solid guy at 135

Perhaps the shoulder has lost some pop, or he protects it somewhat in the execution.

Either way Linares still wore big shots like a G, it wasn’t Haney’s fault he got a granite chin.

Linares was in great shape. Post Covid he got that big, calf tattoo. If you know anything about sports performance and tattoos the last 5 years then it might be a light bulb moment.

Haney got one recently too.

It’s the new mask wave.

:ohhh:Yup.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
i thought they brung in someone else to train him?

They did. Ben Davison (Fury former trainer, Josh Taylor current trainer.)

They also employ
  • NFL strength and conditioning coach at times
  • Victor Conte / Snac
  • I saw Bo Mac in the corner so most likely advisory and perhaps diet (yup he does food too. Ironic considering he’s gotta sort that out himself.)

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
The Good
Haney pivots and boxes very well
has a good work rate an wide arsenal of punches.
quick hands and feet

The Bad
Cuffs his punches while trying to throw hard which shows a lot of effort, but not really effective for the long run
Over relied on the jab. Used it too much once he got close and should have been just mugging Linares at that point.
No real type of inside game, nikka held too fukking much

The Ugly
Getting stunned several times at the end and hurt badly by Amir Khan 2.0
wrong gameplan, you don't box Linares, you mug and overwhelm him. Boxing him will always give him a chance unless you have the power to hurt him with one shot.
bytching and looking to the ref for help when shyt got rough. Even the ref had to tell him to fukking fight.

overall solid B level kid with a C plus performance. Lots of shyt to work on.
That nikka gets too much hype to be having distance fights with Gamboa and Linares in fukking 2021 and shyt.

compare that to Turbo fists lil brother who just bodied a nikka that gave Broner a close fight on late notice. That's how you make a statement. Dude looks like he's almost an even fight for anybody at 140 including Taylor.

He also pulls back with his chin in the air. It's only a matter of time before he's clipped from an elite fighter & stopped if he doesn't correct those things. Linares showed you can counter him & consistently

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I don't agree with this, all of them at 135 have flaws.

Ryan flat footed pretty much non existent jab
Teo struggles with length( nakatani fight) questionable technical boxer outside of power. Loma fight second have showed this once he said fukk it and dealt with length
Haney lacks power and doesn't sit on his punches long enough .

Styles make fights, i'd say its 50/50 fight for all of them nice thing for all they're all still young 22-24 and still learning

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I don't agree with this, all of them at 135 have flaws.

Ryan flat footed pretty much non existent jab
Teo struggles with length( nakatani fight) questionable technical boxer outside of power. Loma fight second have showed this once he said fukk it and dealt with length
Haney lacks power and doesn't sit on his punches long enough .

Styles make fights, i'd say its 50/50 fight for all of them nice thing for all they're all still young 22-24 and still learning

agree..esp the bolded