5/29 DAZN: Devin Haney Vs Jorge Linares (WBC Lightweight Title)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
When Ryan beat Luke, I felt that the 135lbers on a whole could use more time to develop before making their fights, but having now seen Haney beat Linares, I think it's time for these guys to mix it up.

Teo beat Loma
Tank beat Santa Cruz
Ryan beat Luke
and Haney has now beat Linares

They're ready to put their 0's on the line now.
Bolded is nothing like the others im sorry lol

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I know folks critiquing Haney to the 5th degree but lets not act as if small ass Loma aint have Teo on the ropes the 2nd half of the fight once he stopped acting like a clown and started actually boxing with angles and levels and applying pressure. His power was his only saving grace that kept Loma honest until the final bell

Lomachenko and Linares are levels apart :wtf:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Bolded is nothing like the others im sorry lol

Santa Cruz would've been a good win for any other fighter at super feather. Tank made weight, and brutally knocked out Santa Cruz.

Say what you will about the size difference, but Santa Cruz is an accomplished fighter, and I don't believe tank won purely because of size. He showed tremendous poise and maturity by sticking to an educated attack to the body to set up the devastating KO.

These young guys all got tested differently, and that's what I wanted to see. They got experience.

Last edited:

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
yes obviously but Loma is a 130 masquerading at 135.

My point is Teo isn’t as bulletproof as folks wanna make em out to be even with the Loma victory
It’s ok to not look bulletproof against one of the best p4p on the planet. Being shaky against Jorge Linares is a totally different thing

If Ryan Garcia ,Crawford or any other fighter The Ring dislikes had this kind of performance against this of opponent all this Juelzing and excuse making wouldn’t be going on

Daps
I picked Haney to stop him. Fact he threw so hard trying to get him outta there and didn't come close and lost his legs in the last few rounds and had to hug down the stretch after getting hurt is a bad sign. Linares been washed for a minute too and ain't one of the most powerful LWs. Fast hands, nice combos and good punch placement but not a big hitter.

Haney and Ryan got sus chins. Tank, Teo and Shakur are a level above everyone else @ LW. I don't think Haney beats Loma TBH but the Nakatani fight will tell more about where Loma is now. He could outpoint Ryan but Ryan is a glass cannon and can stop him.

Shakur has never fought at 135...

Daps
Santa Cruz would've been a good win for any other fighter at super feather. Tank made weight, and brutally knocked out Santa Cruz.

Says what you will about the size difference, but Santa Cruz is an accomplished fighter, and I don't believe tank won purely because of size. He asked tremendous poise and maturity by sticking to an educated attack to the body to set up the devastating KO.

These young guys all got tested differently, and that's what I wanted to see. They got experience.

LSC is one of the worst multi weight world champs, with all due respect. Him, Broner, and Linares got 90% of their belts in vacant fights.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It’s ok to not look bulletproof against one of the best p4p on the planet. Being shaky against Jorge Linares is a totally different thing

If Ryan Garcia ,Crawford or any other fighter The Ring dislikes had this kind of performance against this of opponent all this Juelzing and excuse making wouldn’t be going on
Nothing in this fight looked shakey from haney, in fact him getting caught is his own dumb ass fault which im sure he will learn from. He could have comfortably beat the shyt out of linares like he was doung 1-6 until he decided to entertain fans and sit in the pocket and take shots. Nothing in this performance showed me " shakey". Fighters get caught even the most elite have been rocked it happens.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

what kinda performance?

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Nothing in this fight looked shakey from haney, in fact him getting caught is his own dumb ass fault which im sure he will learn from. He could have comfortably beat the shyt out of linares like he was doung 1-6 until he decided to entertain fans and sit in the pocket and take shots. Nothing in this performance showed me " shakey". Fighters get caught even the most elite have been rocked it happens.

Exactly. Everybody not gonna be 90’s RJJ. Was Haney perfect? Nope but he got what he needed out of this fight

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora

Pulling out with your chin high in the air on multiple occasions is shaky . Linares was just too slow to pounce on that . Any elite 135er sends his chin to the moon if he pulls that .

Deciding to step on the gas to try to bully the bully only to eventually get clapped by a shot and be on your heels from that point on is shaky

Not being able to hurt ,or cut a man that’s NOTORIOUS for that is shaky

Yes everyone gets rocked but the way he reacted to getting rocked was very concerning....he ran to grab the man 3 rounds after he got his bell rung

I think he needs to lay in the weeds ,get a new trainer and figure some things out . He’s not ready for Tank/Teo/Loma/Garcia and that’s OK

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
what kinda performance?
A performance where you fail to put away a fighter that has been put away multiple times after it becomes obvious that’s what you’re trying to do .....and end up damn near getting your soul snatched/stumbling around the ring the last 3 rounds of the fight in the process .

Let Crawford or Ryan Garcia pull that and it would be jokes on jokes on jokes .

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
A performance where you fail to put away a fighter that has been put away multiple times after it becomes obvious that’s what you’re trying to do .....and end up damn near getting your soul snatched/stumbling around the ring the last 3 rounds of the fight in the process .

Let Crawford or Ryan Garcia pull that and it would be jokes on jokes on jokes .

he’s getting his fair share of jokes and slander as it is as did Crawford when he got dropped by Mean Machine and Garcia when he got clipped vs Campbell. He aint being excluded from ridicule by anyone :yeshrug:

And by the last minute of the 11th, Haney was fine and doing what he was doing the whole fight vs Linares

Last edited:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
dev has that popping jab and slight moves but what else???
what's special or what is there to say is next?

acting like he is the next sugar shane? and oh because is black so we have to push him up?

• Dap
Reactions: L68