5/29 DAZN: Devin Haney Vs Jorge Linares (WBC Lightweight Title)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Entertaining fight. There are positives to draw, and aspects that Haney will need to work on. His power is an obvious weak point that will always make his fights interesting once he's facing top level guys like Tank or Teo.

Loma Haney would be an excellent fight now.

I'm not gonna discredit Haney, but you're willfully blind if you don't think those last three rounds were a bad look for the youngin. He survived, but wasn't impressive in doing so.
I think Loma beats him. Bad idea IMO.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its nothing personal just observational!
Like you said it earlier, it doesn't matter if he is young or old, if he has IT then no ifs or buts. Linares is a glorified gate keeper and haney made him feel like he still should be fighting for title's.

man shut the fukk up, everything you quote you on some passive aggressive weak ass sneak dissing

I made a obeversation, Haney was beating Linares ass which was what its happening, the didn't get rocked to few rounds later, from when I even posted that

Haney beat Linares easier than Lomachenko, what are you talking about, lomachenko was a title fight and he was winning until he get KO'd, and he earned a title fight against Haney, he obviously can still fight for titles because he just fought for one, dumb ass

Like I said, yall not real boxing fans, you know different than x box stans in the arcadium

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It's one thing to not have pop to your punch but now I'm starting to worry about his chin. It's gonna be a real issue trying to move up if he's missing both.

yeah, I just feel if you are supposed to be elite of your generation you should be cleaning up the lower weights as you fill out.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
This is why I always say you gotta see these guys against big punchers before you make a final judgment. You can have all the boxing talent in the world but if the chin has some weakness you're always gonna be vulnerable. Before getting hurt Haney was putting on a masterclass. Tank and teo have much more firepower and skill than Linares. These are all 50-50 fights. I can honestly see them all going any type of way. But aside from that shot Haney looked spectacular. It coulda just been a one time thing. We seen canelo hurt early in his career and never again. But regardless he's gonna have to take some jokes in the meantime.

Dude was walking back to his corner like

sqCTue.gif

giphy.gif

z5sIWx3.png

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
I picked Haney to stop him. Fact he threw so hard trying to get him outta there and didn't come close and lost his legs in the last few rounds and had to hug down the stretch after getting hurt is a bad sign. Linares been washed for a minute too and ain't one of the most powerful LWs. Fast hands, nice combos and good punch placement but not a big hitter.

Haney and Ryan got sus chins. Tank, Teo and Shakur are a level above everyone else @ LW. I don't think Haney beats Loma TBH but the Nakatani fight will tell more about where Loma is now. He could outpoint Ryan but Ryan is a glass cannon and can stop him.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Looks like we gonna get that Teo fight now. Haney fought masterfully damn near every round. But those last 2 didn’t look good after he got rocked. Amd he was def the most tired in the fight. If not for getting rocked it woulda been almost perfect. But all it takes is one hit or a couple. I’m sure Teo sitting at home feeling like if it was him landing those punches it would be over for Haney. And damn Haney be taggin the fukk out of people with the cleanest shots and techniques, but he legit has little punching power. No way he shouldn’t be knocking opponents out with these incredible hooks and uppercuts he always lands... Either way great performance otherwise, maybe his last 2 rounds won him the match with Teo. Teo been ducking the fukk out of him, but I always thought it is a easy 50/50 fight. I wouldn’t even bet money on it. Still got Haney. But This is really the fight boxing keeds

yeah Devin is very precise, now compare that to Errol Spence who is precise as hell, and how he slower breaks people down lol

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I think Loma beats him. Bad idea IMO.

I think he was worse off when he was the mandatory for Loma's belt. The experience is going to help Devin now, and I would love to see him work that jab against a smaller Loma.

Devin showed enough of a chin for me to think it's a competitive decision either way.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How many professional fighters have never been hurt in their career? :mjlol:

Breh clearly got sloppy in the last 10 seconds of the round, wasnt the first and wont be the last that happens to.

Still gave Linares that work/almost had a perfect fight.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I think he was worse off when he was the mandatory for Loma's belt. The experience is going to help Devin now, and I would love to see him work that jab against a smaller Loma.

Devin showed enough of a chin for me to think it's a competitive decision either way.
Agreed, but if he gets stunned in the same fashion, Loma isn’t Linares, he would find a way to hurt Devin. I just don’t see Devin’s power causing issues for Loma.