[5/29/22] All Elite Wrestling: Double or Nothing IV

PremeGuru

All Star
Daps
Good show but a bit too long. TK might have to think about doing two nights next year:troll:

Arena Anarchy was the peak of the show. HoB vs Death Triangle was :whew:

Rest of the show was solid except Jungle Express not dropping the belts :martin:

StackBundles

Sohh Icey Blood Gang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Good show but a bit too long. TK might have to think about doing two nights next year:troll:

Arena Anarchy was the peak of the show. HoB vs Death Triangle was :whew:

Rest of the show was solid except Jungle Express not dropping the belts :martin:
They need to give the lucha bros the titles back

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Highlights of the night
  • House of Black match is match of the night
  • JULIA BLACKHART - I’ve been waiting in this for months. I don’t really know why I have been so invested in this but I have.
  • Wardlow beating the shyt out of MJF
  • The arena madness match or whatever it was called
  • Hardy’s match was good - Bucks can carry damn near anyone to a good match it appears
  • Sammy loses so he can finally be out of the TNT title picture for a while
  • Womens Title Match
  • Athena, Bevins, Rush debuts

Lowlights
  • Nearly 5 hours long - as Jade would say, Tony cut the shyt. Start moving more matches to the Buy-In if you want to have this many
  • Jurassic Express wins
  • Owen Hart winners
  • Main Event sloppy as fukk - though I liked who won because CM Punk my all-time favorite but hopefully it’s a short reign given how sloppy that match was
  • What was the point of Darby vs Kyle?

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
My link cut out before the end of the match but Punk winning was necessary. Page had a chance to prove he’s the #1 guy and he failed miserably. Maybe he’ll get another chance one day but for now it’s back to the drawing board.

The majority of the PPV was bad/unwatchable though and it shows glaring flaws from AEW. I don’t think they’ll ever top All Out…The ppvs has declined ever since.

The indie shyt didn’t bother me as much but it was just too many muti man-women matches, filler matches, long matches that should’ve been short and sweet to keep it flowing. Worst of all the booking….Tony is horrible at booking. He definitely gives Vince Russo a run for his money as the WOAT.

I felt like I was on adderall watching this shyt 🤦🏾‍♂️

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
You may be right…. But lets not over exaggerate that and act like people on either side gonna care when Kip Sabian, Sonny Kiss, Yuki, Brock Anderson, and Luther go to WWE lol
If I'm Nick Khan, I'd definitely give Sonny Kiss a tryout. If "she" can work heel, then I'd have the new improved Goldust!

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
My link cut out before the end of the match but Punk winning was necessary. Page had a chance to prove he’s the #1 guy and he failed miserably. Maybe he’ll get another chance one day but for now it’s back to the drawing board.

The majority of the PPV was bad/unwatchable though and it shows glaring flaws from AEW. I don’t think they’ll ever top All Out…The ppvs has declined ever since.

The indie shyt didn’t bother me as much but it was just too many muti man-women matches, filler matches, long matches that should’ve been short and sweet to keep it flowing. Worst of all the booking….Tony is horrible at booking. He definitely gives Vince Russo a run for his money as the WOAT.

I felt like I was on adderall watching this shyt 🤦🏾‍♂️
lol

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
3 out of 5 of AEW world champions have been former WWE guys. :hhh:
That whole "homegrown" argument has never existed in wrestling for a reason, Khan & Cody trying to push that when they first started was always dumb and unrealistic.

If anything my complaint would be not pulling the trigger on Bryan months back if the "Hangman doesn't yet have that killer instinct" angle is what they wanted to land on. He was twice as hot as current Punk is coming off that Omega feud and would've had a great reign.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
That whole "homegrown" argument has never existed in wrestling for a reason, Khan & Cody trying to push that when they first started was always dumb and unrealistic.

If anything my complaint would be not pulling the trigger on Bryan months back if the "Hangman doesn't yet have that killer instinct" angle is what they wanted to land on. He was twice as hot as current Punk is coming off that Omega feud and would've had a great reign.
Yeah the whole homegrown talent argument is bullshyt
The only homegrown talent they have the guys who came from QT’s school and none should really be sniffing any world title if we are being honest :francis:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I don't think his killer instinct is in question. He had 2 deathmatch title fights. I think the whole, "Punk is wrong for AEW" is what they're gonna latch onto. I think this will lead to Punk being heel later on as Page spirals to alcohol only to pull himself back again after he's proven right by Punk's actions as a heel.