40+ Successful professional black women are getting in vitro to be "single mothers by choice"

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
These nikkas gotta go man
Yes, wanting to see children raised in a two parent household is all about controlling women.

giphy.gif

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Why are you assuming every woman who does this says she doesn’t need a man?

Secondly, 2 parent homes aren’t what nature intended. Marriage has existed for about 5-6000 years, and monogamous marriage is only a few hundred years old, modern human is 200,000 years old - most of our lives raising kids was communal, not nuclear. And ohhhh…people turned out fine.

So what did nature intend for human beings? Should men go around impregnating women then leaving because she has the funds to raise the kid on her own? Should women have kids by different men? :jbhmm:

The most successful societies have 2 parent homes.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So what did nature intend for human beings? Should men go around impregnating women then leaving because she has the funds to raise the kid on her own? :jbhmm:

The most successful societies have 2 parent homes.
Please back this up - ancient Egypt, Rome, the Mayans and Persia were highly successful - child rearing wasn’t about a two parent home, how did they come out ok?

And men absolutely impregnated multiple women - early days it was about the best genes, then early society had polygamy.

And I just added an edit to speak to the modern 2 parent societies doing well - they have free communal resources.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
what’s better for the kid, a loving stable home or a father who abandons them? Comes in and out their life?

Most kids are well adjusted to not having a biological link to their father, there will be a minority for whom it’s an issue just like adopted kids and just like kids with absentee or dead parents…and like kids who had both parents yet they were bad parents. Nothing is guaranteed

That isn't a "loving home" if the mom did what was best for her over what's best for the kid. "I am having this kid because I want to be happy." By definition she is a selfish mother only concerned with her wants vs what that kid would need to thrive.

And if a woman can't find a man/partner to build a relationship with, then she has far greater issues that she needs to work out. She shouldn't be trying to bring a human into the world she can hold captive to build some faux relationship with because every other one failed.

Also, the 2nd paragraph isn't true.

You also have to consider how Black people are treated in this country. Less resources, more stigmatized, and facing greater mental health, and overall health crisis, in a country that is currently stripping Black people of the meager resources we have.

:snoop:

Veteran
Daps
Please back this up - ancient Egypt, Rome, the Mayans and Persia were highly successful - child rearing wasn’t about a two parent home, how did they come out ok?

And I just added an edit to speak to the modern 2 parent societies doing well - they have free communal resources.

Can you go in more detail in the bold. How does that work exactly? I don't know anything about those days.

It sounds like you're saying the community raises the kid, e.a. the grandmother/grand father and uncles.

What about cost of living today? Are the grand parents helping towards funds?

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Secondly, 2 parent homes aren’t what nature intended. Marriage has existed for about 5-6000 years, and monogamous marriage is only a few hundred years old, modern human is 200,000 years old - most of our existence, raising kids was communal, not nuclear. And ohhhh…people turned out fine.

:camby:That’s a terrible argument. They still had a man as the centerpiece and women who listened to the man back in those times.
It wasn’t a bunch of belligerent women running around in some village raising bad ass kids. The male elders or leader of that family instilled discipline and order, which is usually absent in the modern single mother household.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notice @King Sun has avoided this thread since I asked him if both his parents raised him? :jbhmm:

Because its stupid to assume that I don't think its "natural" I didn't come up with 2 parents :huhldup:.
What races of women think like this? Are White, Asian, Hispanic, and Indian women running with this same trope? :jbhmm:
Why do you care about what other non black women are doing unless you view them an example of being "natural" :mjgrin:.

Veteran
Daps
Why do you care about what other non black women are doing unless you view them an example of being "natural" :mjgrin:.

I asked because I'm looking at successful examples. Yes, Whites and Asians are largely successful. Are those women also opting to be single mothers?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Can you go in more detail in the bold. How does that work exactly? I don't know anything about those days.

It sounds like you're saying the community raises the kid, e.a. the grandmother/grand father and uncles.

What about cost of living today? Are the grand parents helping towards funds?
Back then a group of women would tend the kids…men were working. Hell, even slave days kids were dropped together with 1-2 older female slaves while everyone else went out working. There was not a house with just kids mom and dad, it was who ever they felt like shoving in a cabin, mom and dad could be sold or killed at any time, and thru all that, people successfully raised kids.

And what does COL have to do with this? The critique of this thread is that even tho they have the means to raise a kid, they shouldn’t do it alone…so they don’t need other people’s money.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:camby:That’s a terrible argument. They still had a man as the centerpiece and women who listened to the man back in those times.
It wasn’t a bunch of belligerent women running around in some village raising bad ass kids. The male elders or leader of that family instilled discipline and order, which is usually absent in the modern single mother household.
This is a whole bunch of projection. So enjoy your views of what every single mom must be/be doing