40+ Successful professional black women are getting in vitro to be "single mothers by choice"

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
imagine your child wanting to know who their daddy is and you pull out this shyt.
I'm all for well to do black women doing whatever they want. But this the only part about the whole thing that makes me cringe.

Literally deciding for a child that theyll never get to have a real father in their life.

"Nah you don't need a dad. You'll be fine because momma got money. "

:francis:

Lord help them if they have daughters. Purposefully bringing a daughter into today's world and deciding for her that she won't ever have a dad to teach her certain values is wild. To help instill that sense of confidence that any daughter yearns to get from their father. Child gets zero say so but mommy has money so mommy knows what's best apparently

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Were you raised by your mom and dad in the same home?
I was and both my parents see and can admit people are not the same when it comes to commitment and marriage in the generations after them. The other thread discussing marriage and divorce rates proves it, but for some reason y’all want to control women and hope they can’t at least find happiness in motherhood when the marriage path doesn’t work out.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
but for some reason y’all want to control women and hope they can’t at least find happiness in motherhood when the marriage path doesn’t work out.
Yes, wanting to see children raised in a two parent household is all about controlling women.

giphy.gif

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Yeah but nobody getting emotional these days people like to hop on trends and it dosent matter it’s not natural period.

My pops died at when I was 8 some shyt just known bruh and my mom always used to complain that she wish he was here cause she can’t teach me how to be a man,not degrade the nikka and act like he wasn’t needed.

Projection
Notice @King Sun has avoided this thread since I asked him if both his parents raised him? :jbhmm:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I was and both my parents see and can admit people are not the same when it comes to commitment and marriage in the generations after them. The other thread discussing marriage and divorce rates proves it, but for some reason y’all want to control women and hope they can’t at least find happiness in motherhood when the marriage path doesn’t work out.

fukk what's best for the kid. Momma got to find happiness.

:dead:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
fukk what's best for the kid. Momma got to find happiness.

:dead:
what’s better for the kid, a loving stable home or a father who abandons them? Comes in and out their life?

Most kids are well adjusted to not having a biological link to their father, there will be a minority for whom it’s an issue just like adopted kids and just like kids with absentee or dead parents…and like kids who had both parents yet they were bad parents. Nothing is guaranteed

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
define "natural"

I'm all for well to do black women doing whatever they want. But this the only part about the whole thing that makes me cringe.

Literally deciding for a child that theyll never get to have a real father in their life.

"Nah you don't need a dad. You'll be fine because momma got money. "

:francis:

Lord help them if they have daughters. Purposefully bringing a daughter into today's world and deciding for her that she won't ever have a dad to teach her certain values is wild. To help instill that sense of confidence that any daughter yearns to get from their father. Child gets zero say so but mommy has money so mommy knows what's best apparently

What races of women think like this? Are White, Asian, Hispanic, and Indian women running with this same trope? :jbhmm:

Veteran
Daps
what’s better for the kid, a loving stable home or a father who abandons them? Comes in and out their life?

Most kids are well adjusted to not having a biological link to their father, there will be a minority for whom it’s an issue just like adopted kids and just like kids with absentee or dead parents…and like kids who had both parents yet they were bad parents. Nothing is guaranteed

How about the best thing for a kid is a 2 parent home? Not single parent. None of this test tube baby stuff. Just natural, as mother nature intended. Look at the most successful societies, what do you see? 2 Parent homes.

Like I said, you will never hear a man say he doesn't need a woman. If he does, us men will look at him sideways. A man that says he doesn't need a woman would get looked at like a weirdo by the rest of us.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What races of women think like this? Are White, Asian, Hispanic, and Indian women running with this same trope? :jbhmm:
You do know that the SMBC crowd is mostly white - white women have been doing this for 30ish years. IVF l/fertility treatments has become more accessible the past decade and so now you see more women until it. But Y’all just find one story and pretend it’s a black thing. Mindy Kaling and Lucy Liu are two Asian women who did this, January Jones, rebel Wilson, and Charlize Theron (thru adoption) did this.

This isn’t a color thing…

Veteran
Daps
You do know that the SMBC crowd is mostly white - white women have been doing this for 30ish years. IVF l/fertility treatments has become more accessible the past decade and so now you see more women until it. But Y’all just find one story and pretend it’s a black thing. Mindy Kaling and Lucy Liu are two Asian women who did this, January Jones, rebel Wilson, and Charlize Theron (thru adoption) did this.

This isn’t a color thing…

I asked a question, I didn't assume it was only black women.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How about the best thing for a kid is a 2 parent home? Not single parent. None of this test tube baby stuff. Just natural, as mother nature intended. Look at the most successful societies, what do you see? 2 Parent homes.

Like I said, you will never hear a man say he doesn't need a woman. If he does, us men will look at him sideways. A man that says he doesn't need a woman would get looked at like a weirdo by the rest of us.
Why are you assuming every woman who does this says she doesn’t need a man? Most women who go this route would prefer and/or wanted a partner, but they are at the point where making motherhood happen matters more.

Secondly, 2 parent homes aren’t what nature intended. Marriage has existed for about 5-6000 years, and monogamous marriage is only a few hundred years old, modern human is 200,000 years old - most of our existence, raising kids was communal, not nuclear. And ohhhh…people turned out fine.

Edit: you’ll also see the most successful 2-parent societies are those that have the outside resources available to make parents successful - 12-24 months of paid leave, free childcare, kindergarten means a whole other thing that just school, etc. they know it takes communal resources to make even 2 parents successful and provide those resources.