Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
That's why I'm not putting no praise on this...Ryan was never it..the real tests for Tank..well we know who they are..those are the fights that gotta be made

What a poor PPV offering overall..so glad this shyt came part of my DAZN sub :ohlawd:

I always said this fight don’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things..the worst part is everybody gne be hyping this win up for years to come. While the real fighters in the division are battling it out.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
nikkas killing me talking about everybody knew Garcia was gonna lose and this wasn't real comp.

Don't nobody revise history like coli brehs:wow:
I was rooting for Garcia but most people knew this fight didn’t mean shyt in the real boxing landscape..only casuals was hyped about this fight. I always said win or lose this fight doesn’t affect the major players in 135-140 :manny:

Real boxing heads called this fight for what it is. A money grab between a fighters who don’t really want smoke with other real fighters.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lets be honest though. Tank is playing catch up right now to these young guys in some ways. Dude is like 5 years older than Haney, Ryan, Shaq and like 3 years older than Teo. It's okay for them to not have major risky fights at this time - but most of them are on the same league as him in that regard and a few have even surpassed his accomplishments/competition. Even in the upcoming fight against Ryan, it's Ryan who has pushed for this fight and gave in to all demands. Everyone dismissing Ryan saying he's gonna get KTFO and he's chinny etc, meanwhile, this is probably the most dangerous opponent Tank has faced if we're being honest. That says more about Tank than it does about Ryan. However, if Tank wins the same dudes are gonna give him so much props for beating the guy who they felt had no chance of winning. Jokes.

MAYBE with a trainer like Sugar Hill (love the idea) Ryan would’ve had more success and used his natural advantages. Feel like he didn’t have a real game plan. As for ppl saying Ryan don’t got a chin, that was a massive accurate shot to the jaw and he got up without fumbling around to finish the round. I think that shot would have dropped most guys in the division. Yeah his defense needs work, but I feel he has a decent chin actually. Props to Ryan for wanting this fight though, risking his status and “0” and showing up. I still think he has some massive fights ahead of him and that he will take them. He’s now undeniably the top draw at 140lbs. Let’s see how GB moves him.

Gotta give Tank props. As much as I despise his blatant ducks of meaningful competitive fights at 28 years old, I never really acknowledged his ring IQ, patience and accuracy. He’s lot better than I thought and a league above Ryan. It showed. Still believe Loma, Haney and Shaq give him a boxing lesson though.

With many on here saying they weren’t seeing much buzz about the match, it sure felt like a superfight to me. IDK what fight outsells it this year. MAYBE Canelo vs Benevidez if that gets made.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don’t think any of the guys at 140 or below would “easily” beat Tank right now. He’s in his prime. He’s become like a cobra with scintillating speed/reflexes. He’s a lot smarter and sharper than he used to be. Beyond that, he also clearly hits hard af. I mean, I used to really not be impressed with his power because it was against dudes like old man Gamboa in the 12th round and shyt. However, I think it’s now obvious he really does have “a touch of sleep” in his hands. He slept my man Rollie with a punch he said he didn’t even throw hard :wow:. Temporarily blinded a breh a few months back.

The fight with Shakur? I think that’s a toss up. Shakur is so sound defensively that Tank might not really get to uncoil all night, but I could also see alternative fight where Tank makes him ultra gun-shy. Haney? I think he would beat Devin. I’ll leave it at that.
I don't think a fight with Shakur benefits Tank, it only benefits Shakur if he can win. There's 2 arguments here regarding Shakur.

One is that it's too early for Shakur to fight him and should he lose he would put a dent in what should be a superstar hall of fame career for Shakur. Akin to what Floyd did to Canelo's career.

The other is that if Shakur pulls off a win that he'll be able to use that catapult his resume and be en route to being one of the biggest stars since Floyd.

I think if that particular fight happens Tank would win right now, but over some years it'll favor Shakur, and the stakes will become lower.

As far as Haney goes, I think Haney's on borrowed time and just avoiding minefields, but I don't feel that he's as good as his major comp

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
They’re not busy enough, that’s going to be their problem. Neither one really steps on the gas even against guys without power. They’re not going to step up their output against someone who counters as well as Tank.

They’ll both be good fights but Shakur and Devin haven’t been really battle tested especially at the mega fight level. Which is probably why Tank wants to get them early.

I would completely disagree. Both guys are far busier than Tank, in fact that'd be their biggest advantage. I don't know where you get that from tbh. They have the ability to rack up shots and not get tagged. Which I think is the best way to beat a guy as dangerous as Tank

Devin has flown to the other side of the world with an entire country against him to fight for undisputed 2x and is about to defend a 3rd against a former P4P guy. and Shakur has been in unification bouts. I don't see how they are any less battle tested than Tank is.

Last edited:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Can somebody explain to me why Tank ain't trying to fight Haney? The man has all the lightweight belts so is tank a money guy like Floyd or does he put being the best above all else (no shade to Floyd, that negro was able to be the money guy AND prove to be the best above all else)

Because if being recognized as the greatest is most important to him, I don't see why he won't fight Haney unless he knows it's a good chance he'll lose

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
nikkas killing me talking about everybody knew Garcia was gonna lose and this wasn't real comp.

Don't nobody revise history like coli brehs:wow:
Right. -250 is easy money if it was such a no brainier.:beli:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I won’t judge him too hard for it but he quit, it is what it is, I see fans and boxing ppl like Bernstein and Espinoza shytting on the “quit” take because they are thinking it’s disrespectful of Garcia or something but he could have gotten up he just chose to wait out the full count, it was clear. What else you call that than a quit? :manny:

At least Keith Thurman knows how to survive after taking a shot he hates which are shots to the body. Ryan ain’t know to react to buy himself some time