4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Garcia was 3 lbs over at the weigh-in. Did he try to cut weight at all, or he just said fukk it? How much do you think he weighed on fight night?
Youre wasting your time spitting this at obvious racist mongering posters....they got every excuse in the book for lesser men. They are happy as fukk that Ryan's weight advantage game plan worked out...obviously he was much bigger than Haney during the fight.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
It still seems surreal that Haney was beaten by this clown smh
And the way he was beaten up, it was horrible. Haney looked clueless and baffled. His connection punches bounced off Ryan like springs. It didn't seem right at all, Ryan was fast in that ring and made haney look wrecked up.

Interesting things happened, its part of boxing. Ryan missing weight is a huge factor and Team Haney paid for it.

Keep haney away from Subriel Matias.

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
what’s crazy is I think haney losses a rematch worse.

When he was fighting smaller older guys with shorter arms he was able to control range, but the moment he fought a taller bigger man with just as much reach he was lost.

You could see that Ryan had zero respect for his punching power.

Just imagine what Matias or putbull would did to him

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
And the way he was beaten up, it was horrible. Haney looked clueless and baffled. His connection punches bounced off Ryan like springs. It didn't seem right at all, Ryan was fast in that ring and made haney look wrecked up.

Interesting things happened, its part of boxing. Ryan missing weight is a huge factor and Team Haney paid for it.

Keep haney away from Subriel Matias.
Matias is more an accummulation puncher who wears you down, not an explosive puncher with handspeed like Ryan but as of now Haney is probably not in a good place so rn he has to build back instead od Matias, Teo and the likes…

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

When he was fighting smaller older guys with shorter arms he was able to control range, but the moment he fought a taller bigger man with just as much reach he was lost.

Imo he lost it on his defense than anything else, he buzzed Garcia one time and he hurt Prograis who has a strong chin. You only need enough power to keep guys honest anyway, ask 147 Floyd, Pernell, Locche, etc.
Haney has a “keep you honest” power, he even backed Garcia doen multiple times but his defense failed him and he got caught by the only punch that’s outstanding in Garcia’s arsenal.

You know your opponents only real weapon is a left hook and you are a boxer who should know how to handle that and then you get dropped repeatedly by the said punch. It’s embarrassing, really. I hope he can build back

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Matias or Pitbull aren't as fast as Ryan Garcia and don't even fight the same way in any capacity.

This is honestly why (not you per se) boxing discourse is so ass and these lil nikkas never fight no one till they basically got a gun to they head. You take one loss and now you go from p4p to average, bum, 5-3 pitbull gon starch you etc. Never mind Ryan didn't even have to cut any weight :dead: . Bro didn't even attempt to make weight and just said I'mma come in a strong as possible while Dev actually made weight. We should be saluting Haney for even going along with the fight. Instead its nada but shytting on breh.

Kudos to Garcia though he put hands on him. Styles makes fights though and there isn't another Ryan Garcia at 140 (well literally since he's not even staying there). We just need Tank and Shakur to take a L then we can get some real motion in these classes once people aint scared of their 0 being gone.
Max Holloway got like 7 losses in UFC and he is looked at as one of the GOATS. Boxing lost the plot a while ago over MW, its only one of him.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
So Garcia was paid 30 million for the fight
Damn didn't know this :whoo:

leading up to the fight everybody was acting like this was going be a huge flop but the arena looked plenty full and everybody and their grandma been taking about the fight non stop since it happened. interested in what it did sales wise

where did the 30Ms come from? lol thats Bud Spence numbers
searched after that post and I saw a article where Oscar claimed that number

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Damn didn't know this :whoo:

leading up to the fight everybody was acting like this was going be a huge flop but the arena looked plenty full and everybody and their grandma been taking about the fight non stop since it happened. interested in what it did sales wise

searched after that post and I saw a article where Oscar claimed that number

I heard they did 14k in the Arena, but I`m wondering the buys on this because a ton of left field folks were talking this fight in addition to the highlights clearly going viral based on the 5M in 24 hour views which is nuts.

Damn hate it had to be Haney who became a meme + revived Ryan lol. Haney was already envious of Tank and overlooked Ryan and took the bait
:francis:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I heard they did 14k in the Arena, but I`m wondering the buys on this because a ton of left field folks were talking this fight in addition to the highlights clearly going viral based on the 5M in 24 hour views which is nuts.

Damn hate it had to be Haney who became a meme + revived Ryan lol. Haney was already envious of Tank and overlooked Ryan and took the bait
:francis:

I'm cool with Ryan being that guy :manny: he one of the ones who is at least willing to fight people and you know hes going to bring some fukkery every time out.