4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Matias or Pitbull aren't as fast as Ryan Garcia and don't even fight the same way in any capacity.

This is honestly why (not you per se) boxing discourse is so ass and these lil nikkas never fight no one till they basically got a gun to they head. You take one loss and now you go from p4p to average, bum, 5-3 pitbull gon starch you etc. Never mind Ryan didn't even have to cut any weight :dead: . Bro didn't even attempt to make weight and just said I'mma come in a strong as possible while Dev actually made weight. We should be saluting Haney for even going along with the fight. Instead its nada but shytting on breh.

Kudos to Garcia though he put hands on him. Styles makes fights though and there isn't another Ryan Garcia at 140 (well literally since he's not even staying there). We just need Tank and Shakur to take a L then we can get some real motion in these classes once people aint scared of their 0 being gone.
Max Holloway got like 7 losses in UFC and he is looked at as one of the GOATS. Boxing lost the plot a while ago over MW, its only one of him.
:francis: I can't remember one boxing fan sayin Marquez should be saluted, when Floyd brought him up, and came in overweight. Floyd got celebrated for the performance

Dont remember this type of outrage when Danny Jacobs weighed in 3 pds over vs Canelo

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Garcia was paid 30 million for the fight

Lost 1.5 due to the weight clause

Won 12 million for betting on himself

Now will be in demand for his next fight due to his antics and marketability

Homie won
There is no way in hell Ryan made 30 million off that fight. 5-8 million is probably more realistic

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Can Devin lure in Tank after this bad performance? I still think Devin beats Tank.

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Can Devin lure in Tank after this bad performance? I still think Devin beats Tank.
Not a chance in hell. As soon as tank lands a bomb on that chin Devin is going up in a puff of smoke. It'll look like CGI. Devins not even a better boxer than tank so I just don't see what path to victory he has.

Devin to me was always an Andrade kind of guy. Very good skills but no durability. Leaky defense and a weak chin. He got touched up by a way over the hill lomachenko. Tank will find that chin early.

Shakur also beats his ass pretty convincingly. The real mega fight is tank vs Shakur. Maybe put Devin in there with teo if he really wants to comeback vs a live opponent.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Not a chance in hell. As soon as tank lands a bomb on that chin Devin is going up in a puff of smoke. It'll look like CGI. Devins not even a better boxer than tank so I just don't see what path to victory he has.

Devin to me was always an Andrade kind of guy. Very good skills but no durability. Leaky defense and a weak chin. He got touched up by a way over the hill lomachenko. Tank will find that chin early.

Shakur also beats his ass pretty convincingly. The real mega fight is tank vs Shakur. Maybe put Devin in there with teo if he really wants to comeback vs a live opponent.

Tank doesn't have the height and reach. Devin can keep him at bay all night. Would love to see Tank consider this fight

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
What this really comes down to is Ryan with his natural size, punching power and hand speed is pretty a much more dangerous fighter now that Derrick James has actually showed him how to throw nasty, effective combinations and make his hands move like an actual boxer. Some people got hands, but they don't know how to throw effectively.

Derrick James didn't simply amplify or bing out Ryan's natural offensive ability, he showed him how you're supposed to use hands like that. Basically showed him the proper foundation. Far different fighter overall.

I thought for a second all he was trying to do was catch him with one big left hand until I saw the combinations start to fly.

Plus a great game plan I think people are overlooking. Conserved energy through the beginning and started to let the combinations fly through the middle rounds.

I want Derrick James to train Wilder. May be a little too late now. But they are similar. Ryan is a technically limited fighter, KO power, with awkward bad footwork just like Wilder. Derrick did a great job at helping Ryan at least disguise his intentions whenever he punched, made Haney think he was throwing a jab when it was actually a left hook. Ryan didn't look that great in the fight, has ALOT of stuff to work on, but there's something there. He would be able to do the same with Wilder

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

yeah Devin needs to move on and focus on Teo/MAtias/Pitbull then go to 147. The time for Tank to have fought Teo/Devin has passed.

I think all roads lead to Tank vs Shakur. They should do Tank vs Loma + Shakur vs Navarate (assuming everyone wins their fights), then winners fight for undisputed.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I want Derrick James to train Wilder. May be a little too late now. But they are similar. Ryan is a technically limited fighter, KO power, with awkward bad footwork just like Wilder. Derrick did a great job at helping Ryan at least disguise his intentions whenever he punched, made Haney think he was throwing a jab when it was actually a left hook. Ryan didn't look that great in the fight, has ALOT of stuff to work on, but there's something there. He would be able to do the same with Wilder
Yup. I've said for awhile now that everyone wants to turn Wilder into some defensive monster who'll set traps and pop-shot an opponent down. Work off the jab, counter-punch, Lennox Lewis style, etc. That was the wrong approach.

I always thought Wilder's best coach would've been someone who built an offense for him. Play into Wilder's strengths:
Enormous Punching Power
Hand Speed
Lightning fast Foot Speed able to jump in and out

Learn how to combine those together to form someone who knows how to drop a bomb from an angle. That's what I wanted for Wilder as he's so much quicker than all other heavyweights, but got the nuke option. Imagine 6'7 Pacquiao with insane Lennox Lewis/Mike Tyson one punch power.

Plus it would've been way more in-line with his tendencies. The guy wants to go forward, so give him the tools to maximize it and teach him to right way to do it. Every trainer looked at his punching power, but for some reason neglected what would really make dude a mismatch at heavyweight: his foot speed. The guy was a football player - the ability to make cuts and change of direction is all there. No one has taught him how to be offensive with his footwork and that's one of the biggest crimes in boxing where the people were robbed of seeing someone truly special in that division.

You won't need Floyd defense if your offense makes people not want to throw punches. Tyson Fury would've been toast if Wilder knew how to use aggressive angles, in-and-out footspeed, feints and turns like a real pro. A tall Pacquaio/Loma type of fighter with Lennox Lewis/Tyson type of power at Heavyweight is what I want to see and that could've been Wilder but nobody thought to do it. The physical traits were there, but nobody refined the technique because they're too obsessed with thinking in one way: tall fighter with punching power -> turn them into Lennox Lewis automatically. No creativity.

Last edited:

slikkp

Pro
Daps
Tank doesn't have the height and reach. Devin can keep him at bay all night. Would love to see Tank consider this fight
Ryan clipped Haney in the 1st and his eyes went up in his head. What he gonna do if Tank clip him?

What's he gonna do when Tank decides to start stalking him? Especially with what we saw Saturday night.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

Call me crazy but I think Devin beats Tank as well.

Tank has to set traps in order to get off his power shots, Ryan does not.

Devin with a good gameplan and physical advantages could beat Tank :hubie: