4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Meh. It was probably just apple juice. Ryan likes to kid and joke and troll.

It might have been apple juice on the day of the weigh in, but dude clearly been drinking alot. 12 months ago he could go down to 136 and now he can't even go below 143.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
They are both basically the same size.....same height 5'8 and reach unlike Tank who is much smaller. that whole post was about weight being important yet you think i am dismissing weight wtf :mjlol:
I can tell you skimmed my post because you missed the entire point or you don't understand boxing. It doesn't matter if they're the same size. One (Haney) more than likely had to dry out to make weight & Garcia obviously didn't. Do you understand what I'm saying now? Garcia blowing weight was able to keep his strength, energy, & punch resistance because of that which gave him a clear advantage

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Agreed. It’s hard to determine if it was his chin, or if he was just weight drained. He probably should just go ahead and get to 147 ASAP.

Remember how Cotto‘s chin was at 140 until he went to 147?
cotto was like a puppet every single time someone tagged his ass super clean...stutter steps and all

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I can tell you skimmed my post because you missed the entire point or you don't understand boxing. It doesn't matter if they're the same size. One (Haney) more than likely had to dry out to make weight & Garcia obviously didn't. Do you understand what I'm saying now? Garcia blowing weight was able to keep his strength, energy, & punch resistance because of that which gave him a clear advantage
yeah this was lomachenko and salido..salido peeped the penalty wouldnt be much and took advantage of mr 396 amateur fights and 2 pro fights....i will give lomachenko some credit...he made a key adjustment with in the 2nd half of the fight to keep salido from hitting him with some heavy shyt...a quick study because he could have easily got ruined by salido who was very dangerous...lomachenko took the L but he carried it into the gary russ fight and did what he did to win...quick study shyt

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
yeah this was lomachenko and salido..salido peeped the penalty wouldnt be much and took advantage of mr 396 amateur fights and 2 pro fights....i will give lomachenko some credit...he made a key adjustment with in the 2nd half of the fight to keep salido from hitting him with some heavy shyt...a quick study because he could have easily got ruined by salido who was very dangerous...lomachenko took the L but he carried it into the gary russ fight and did what he did to win...quick study shyt
Exactly the other fight I thought of bro. I hated how they tried to hype Loma but what Salido did was foul; & even was consistently allowed to land low blows. That's Laurence Coles for you lol. Loma hurt him toward the end of that fight & might've been able to do more damage sooner had Salido made weight

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps

You misunderstood my post and are now going on with some babble. Like where in my post did i say garcia coming in heavier didn't give him an advantage? :mindblown:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...

Devin was getting caught with the same left hook all night :snoop:

That’s three DIFFERENT ways the left hook was landed. The first one was mid exchange that Devin didn’t see coming, as he was bouncing off the ropes. It was not a leading punch. The second was a lead left hook where I have no idea what Devin was doing defensively. The third he was actually buzzed already by the right hand. Look how his Devin’s hands just go up in the air, and then the left cleans him up.

Matter fact, the first knockdown was a left hook after a jab. Basically, the jab kinda blinded and disoriented Devin then BOOM: left hook. It’s a testament to Ryan’s natural ability that he could even deliver a left hook that fast after a jab. Most fighters could not.

The point is, he was landing the left hand in a variety of ways. It’s not the same setup every time. He also throws his left hand a lot off platform with no real base beneath him, and without really rotating or pivoting his lower body into the shot. It’s mostly shoulder and arm—where he somehow generates a tremendous amount of whip/torque. It’s just god given ability.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
It was close because Ryan kept taking his foot off the gas. Honestly, he should've gotten him out of there after the 2nd KD.
Why did Ryan ease up during rounds 2 thru 6? Ryan flicked his tongue and chicken-danced away the last 30 seconds of round 12 as well. I suspect that schizophrenia is a factor.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did Ryan ease up during rounds 2 thru 6? Ryan flicked his tongue and chicken-danced away the last 30 seconds of round 12 as well. I suspect that schizophrenia is a factor.
Could be stamina or it could've been he was waiting for an opening to land the left instead of making an opening

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
You can’t train 3 months for a left hook and get caught by it over and over again with no counter.
This is an excellent point.

Devin Haney should have spent less time training and more time sucking down beer while smoking weed with loose women. <---- Jesus would agree with this statement.

2024 is absurd. I blame the USA's presidential election energy.